• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Minato, due to his sealing
Shiki Fujin is self-sacrificing and Four Symbols Seal was unable to seal fullchakra Kyuubi even when he was being held down by Kushina.

experience
Igneel is hundreds of years old, how in the world does Minato have more experience?

Igneel takes this with higher scale AoE attacks and being more intelligent.

How is Igneel more intelligent that Minato?

Minato has enough AP to put down Igneel, has clones, is probably faster, can teleport (meaning a lot of surprise attacks and easy dodging).

I vote for Minato.

Shiki Fujin is self-sacrificing and Four Symbols Seal was unable to seal fullchakra Kyuubi even when he was being held down by Kushina.

experience
Igneel is hundreds of years old, how in the world does Minato have more experience?

Igneel takes this with higher scale AoE attacks and being more intelligent.

Being Hundreds of years old =\= having actual fighting and combat experience

Minato has more seals then that, it would be dumb to think that's all the seals he would know...

Ignells AOE attacks can be easily evaded by the FTG, more intelligent? When has ignell shown more intelligence the Minato?

Being Hundreds of years old =\= having actual fighting and combat experience
Dragons are highly intelligent creatures and they have been battling humankind for hundreds of years.

Minato has more seals then that, it would be dumb to think that's all the seals he would know...
That's a NLF. Just because he knows some sealing techniques doesn't mean he has several others that are more powerful than what he has shown. This is like saying Igneel has fire magic therefore it is plausible that he knows other very powerful fire techniques, he just hasn't shown them yet.

"Dragons are highly intelligent creatures and they have been battling humankind for hundreds of years."

That doesn't prove that Igneel is more intelligent than the average human.Igneel is more of a brute force character which generally speaking is good but Minato is at least as strong (if not stronger) and is a very skilled tactitian.

I agree with Kkapoios on this one. I see Minato winning but with intelligence and tactics plus lots of useful little tricks rather than brute force.

Also, Igneel is indeed a brute in combat. All we've seen him do is unleash a roar, some physical strikes, fly fast and that's it. He has the DC/AP to put down Minato but not the skill and tactics.

Minato via roughly equal speed and brute force, superior maneuverability via Hiraishin and better combat smarts or rather, smarts in general.

Also, fyi, Minato has demonstrated seals beyond Shiki Fujin.

• Four Red Yang Formation (Used against Juubi along with the other 3 kages)
  • Four Symbols Seal (Used to seal Kyuubi into Naruto, base for Eight Trigrams Sealing Style)
  • Eight Trigrams Sealing Style (Used to seal Kyuubi into Naruto)
  • Torii Seal (Minato most likely knows of this as well since it's a part of the Eight Trigrams Sealing Style, Naruto, just after obtaining KCM used it to restrain Kyuubi via the seal's key)
  • Contract Seal (Used on Obito to remove control over Kyuubi)

How can minato has more experience? Becouse he know much jutsu?

Igneel already fight for hundreds year Has experience in war King at same time leader to fight again other dragon Teach natsu almost everything write,magic etc Because igneel dragon slayer exists Etc

Can change memory at will Can fly from what i remember naruto character weak again heat So igneel heat should...

Code:
Without dragon slayer than yeah igneep durability>

@gem About seal thing 1. Need 4 people 2,3.has trouble to seal kurama even with kushina help 4.only work inside naruto 5.useless And last igneel don't have chakra so can minato seal him?

Omega998 said:
~quote too long~
Proof that Igneel has been fighting for a hundred years? I don't know Fairy Tail so help me out here. Regardless, age = intelligence or skill as Thor can attest to with regards to Cap (more skilled) and Iron Man (smarter).

Proof that Igneel fights with any strategy whatsoever?

Being king is irrelevant.

Teaching Natsu anything is irrelevant. Minato taught Kakashi... see, moot point.

What has Igneel done to make the existence of dragon slayers? Again, I don't know Fairy Tail.

Is memory changing useable in a combat scenario? Proof that Igneel can do that?

Heat won't matter as much if Minato can pretty much outmaneuver Igneel.

Igneel's rating here is scaling from Acnologia, not a dragon slayer so his durability is not changing just because Minato's not a dragon slayer.

The seals thing was from someone saying that Shiki Fujin is Minato's only fuinjutsu, which is not the case.

1. Doesn't need it.

2-3. Kushina didn't help seal Kurama. She chained him up.

4. Doesn't matter, he doesn't need it anyway.

5. Doesn't need to. He has AP to hurt Igneel.

Regardless, FTG, Kurama+Sage-boosted Rasengan, and Guiding Thunder will be a nightmare for Igneel to deal with.

@Omega998

Indeed. Minato does have more combat experience that we know of so far. We know Igneel might have fought in the dragon civil war and sparred with Atals Flame but that's it.

Igneel fought in one war and we don't know how long that lasted. He spent a long time locked up inside Natsu and even got rusty while in there.

That memory manipulation magic's best feat was against children and he simply cannot use it in normal combat.

"from what i remember naruto character weak again heat So igneel heat should..."

What?

Code:
Without dragon slayer than yeah igneep durability>
Are you saying Minato can't hurt Igneel without dragon slayer magic? That would be NLF. Pretty much anyone in the same DC/AP tier of small island should be able to hurt Igneel. And this version of Minato does fall under it.

Soldier Blue said:
@Omega998

Indeed. Minato does have more combat experience that we know of so far. We know Igneel might have fought in the dragon civil war and sparred with Atals Flame but that's it.

Igneel fought in one war and we don't know how long that lasted. He spent a long time locked up inside Natsu and even got rusty while in there.

That memory manipulation magic's best feat was against children and he simply cannot use it in normal combat.

"from what i remember naruto character weak again heat So igneel heat should..."

What?

About ds thing i guess chapter 415...df natsu stronger than mard geer and gray but natsu almoat can't give damage at all to mard geel while gray 1 shot him...

Okay then.

If you're talking about slayer advantage, that only applies when the slayer in question has normal DC/AP far below the target's normal durability. An example would be small town level Gray damaging city level Mard Geer or small town level Natsu damaging city level Motherglare. But we've seen that someone with DC/AP comparable to or greater than that of the target's normal durability can get the job done without needing slayer magic advantage. Just look at how Laxus stomped Tempesta and how Gajeel cut up Torafusa. Even Lucy one-shot Jackal with an amped Urano Metria.

Minato has the DC/AP to hurt Igneel here. So bringing slayer advantage logic into this argument is pointless. It's also NLF.

What you said might true but dragon force natsu already suppass him but still he only albe to give minor damage

I'm voting for Minato for Gemmy's reasons.

Actually, that makes it seem like the other reasons don't make sense. I vote for Minato for reasons above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back