• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minato Namikaze vs Obito Uchiha: War Arc Edition

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
This is Alive Minato vs White Mask Obito with the Jinchūriki, the fight takes place in Konoha and both characters have the canonical knowledge of each other they could reasonably have (This is assuming Minato somehow survived his first fight with the Masked Man or at the least this is the Minato who fought Obito but he's been fully healed back to full strength and he knows this is the same guy but older). Minato starts in Base and Obito doesn't start with the Jinchūriki already in their Bijū forms.

Minato :

Obito :

Incon :

Uhhhhhh well I didn't mean with the jinchuriki lol but with them is weird, cause either Minato teleports to Obito and uses a contract seal to turn the jinchuriki against Obito, or it does nothing cause that seal was for a summoning contract/genjutsu control, not Rinnegan control, in which case Minato gets his ass whooped. Minato's strong af, but he's not dealing with 6 Edo Jins + Rinnegan Obito, unless you wank tf out of his sealing and say he just 1 tap seals all of them.

Uhhhhhh well I didn't mean with the jinchuriki lol but with them is weird, cause either Minato teleports to Obito and uses a contract seal to turn the jinchuriki against Obito, or it does nothing cause that seal was for a summoning contract/genjutsu control, not Rinnegan control, in which case Minato gets his ass whooped. I love Minato and he's strong af, but he's not dealing with 6 Edo Jins + Rinnegan Obito, unless you wank tf out of his sealing and say he just 1 tap seals all the jins.
Well you're not allowed to restrict them since they're standard equipment for Obito.

Well you're not allowed to restrict them since they're standard equipment for Obito.
You could argue they're prep time since they require him to get the Edo Jinchuriki from Kabuto and they change his tier which I believe is a condition for being able to restrict.

Uhhhhhh well I didn't mean with the jinchuriki lol but with them is weird, cause either Minato teleports to Obito and uses a contract seal to turn the jinchuriki against Obito, or it does nothing cause that seal was for a summoning contract/genjutsu control, not Rinnegan control, in which case Minato gets his ass whooped. Minato's strong af, but he's not dealing with 6 Edo Jins + Rinnegan Obito, unless you wank tf out of his sealing and say he just 1 tap seals all of them.
Who are you and what have you done with Sparkle?

But yeah, the contract seal won't work because the Edo Jinchuriki are just Paths of Pain, he'd need to remove the rods. Still, the fact that Minato's capable of instantly getting to Obito whenever he feels like thanks to a preexisting marker is just a ridiculous advantage lol. It's probably the main thing keeping this from becoming a stomp.

I mean, you could use "unmasked" Obito if you want a version without the Jinchuriki. It's just redundant to give him another key for that since he's the same exact dude with the same everything.
But that doesn't exist on the profile? We're not allowed to use stuff that's not on the profiles like that.

Who are you and what have you done with Sparkle?

But yeah, the contract seal won't work because the Edo Jinchuriki are just Paths of Pain, he'd need to remove the rods. Still, the fact that Minato's capable of instantly getting to Obito whenever he feels like thanks to a preexisting marker is just a ridiculous advantage lol. It's probably the main thing keeping this from becoming a stomp.
You could argue that since it's control based on dojutsu, it'd be susceptible to the same severance as Obito controlling Kurama, but maybe not.

FTG broken fr

But that doesn't exist on the profile? We're not allowed to use stuff that's not on the profiles like that.
Wdym? It's just War Arc Obito after Naruto took down the edo jins. Indexing wise there's no reason to give him another key for that, since it's the exact same Obito, just from a slightly later point in the War Arc.
You could argue that since it's control based on dojutsu, it'd be susceptible to the same severance as Obito controlling Kurama, but maybe not.
Eh, idk. I think what Minato did to Obito was undo his contract seal with Kurama, thus breaking him free of Obito's control. Six Paths technique is a bit different since there's no contract involved, he's physically puppeteering a bunch of corpses using his chakra.
FTG broken fr
It do be for sure. Having an FTG marker placed on you has got to be one of the most annoying things that could happen to you in the verse lmao.

Wdym? It's just War Arc Obito after Naruto took down the edo jins. Indexing wise there's no reason to give him another key for that, since it's the exact same Obito, just from a slightly later point in the War Arc.
That just feels wrong since it's not the way his profile implies him to be.

Eh, idk. I think what Minato did to Obito was undo his contract seal with Kurama, thus breaking him free of Obito's control. Six Paths technique is a bit different since there's no contract involved, he's physically puppeteering a bunch of corpses using his chakra.
Obito put him under genjutsu before he ever summoned him tho. I would agree it's different tho sure. Maybe instead Minato could BFR the jins to his random markers far away.
It do be for sure. Having an FTG marker placed on you has got to be one of the most annoying things that could happen to you in the verse lmao.
Obito pooping when suddenly:
main-qimg-7b857082c27b6ec88804a8de83e9991a-lq

Obito is way more lethal via chakra rods. I doubt that Minato can consistently pull off the Flying Rajin trick since Obito could have analyzed it via Sharingan and Minato had trouble pulling it off in the first place. To compound that, Obito has multiple methods of getting around Rasengan. Rinnegan, Gunbai, and Kamui all get around it. Obito can also heal via Rinnegan, and has multiple people who aren't already marked helping him.
Basically Minato has to get consistently lucky, Obito only has to be lucky once.

Obito is way more lethal via chakra rods. I doubt that Minato can consistently pull off the Flying Rajin trick since Obito could have analyzed it via Sharingan and Minato had trouble pulling it off in the first place.
He had trouble pulling it off in the first place cause he had to mark him. As soon as he marked him, he blitzed and stabbed him easily. Obito's already pre-marked in this battle. Also not sure how the Sharingan is supposed to analyze something it can't be.
To compound that, Obito has multiple methods of getting around Rasengan. Rinnegan, Gunbai, and Kamui all get around it. Obito can also heal via Rinnegan, and has multiple people who aren't already marked helping him.
Assuming he has the opportunity to do this when FTG is so fast.
Basically Minato has to get consistently lucky, Obito only has to be lucky once.
Not really. Even after being injured, Minato can still use jutsu as seen in the one shot.

What win cons does Minato even have here? He's physically inferior by a notable margin, Obito has a large numbers advantage, and we've seen Obito counter Minatos trick from their fight in the war + he already experienced it so he shouldn't be caught off guard by the FTG rasengan combo.

Hell can Minato even significantly damage Obito? Obito already kidna tanked the rasengan as a teen with minimal damage while WM Obito tanked a rasengan from kcm1 Naruto even offguard with basically 0 damage. Obito seems to be better in literally every way except maybe IQ.

He had trouble pulling it off in the first place cause he had to mark him. As soon as he marked him, he blitzed and stabbed him easily. Obito's already pre-marked in this battle. Also not sure how the Sharingan is supposed to analyze something it can't be.
Simple answer, Obito knows Minato can teleport, Kamui.
Assuming he has the opportunity to do this when FTG is so fast.
He doesn't have to react to the teleport, just Minato. And he can 100% do that.
Not really. Even after being injured, Minato can still use jutsu as seen in the one shot.
Get lucky to hit Obito. The Obito he's fighting is a much stronger one than the one who was already a threat to him. Minato will have to dish out a few Rasengans before Obito goes down, but Obito can use chakra rods to win instantly.

What win cons does Minato even have here? He's physically inferior by a notable margin, Obito has a large numbers advantage, and we've seen Obito counter Minatos trick from their fight in the war + he already experienced it so he shouldn't be caught off guard by the FTG rasengan combo.
Not according to the profiles, they both scale significantly above KCM Naruto and not to each other.

Sure but that could be mitigated through teleporting the Jins away.

? You mean as Juubito? Idt that's saying much when he has a great statistical advantage there. And he doesn't know the mark is still there as far as we know, so he'll at least be caught by surprise the first time.
Hell can Minato even significantly damage Obito? Obito already kidna tanked the rasengan as a teen with minimal damage while WM Obito tanked a rasengan from kcm1 Naruto even offguard with basically 0 damage. Obito seems to be better in literally every way except maybe IQ.
I don't think having your arm melt off is minimal damage...Also Minato's Rasengan should scale above KCM Naruto's, check his profile.
Simple answer, Obito knows Minato can teleport, Kamui.
Can only maintain that for five minutes and he's not gonna passively keep it active the whole time, he never fights like that.
He doesn't have to react to the teleport, just Minato. And he can 100% do that.
What I mean is that an attack with FTG assistance is very sudden.
Get lucky to hit Obito. The Obito he's fighting is a much stronger one than the one who was already a threat to him. Minato will have to dish out a few Rasengans before Obito goes down, but Obito can use chakra rods to win instantly.
Obito was a threat because Minato didn't know how his ability worked and he didn't have a marker on Obito. He literally would've blitzed and one shot YM Obito if he had those two advantages. Also it'll be very hard to tag Minato when he has Rel reactions + FTG.
Oh yeah you can count me as voting for Minato FRA
???

Not according to the profiles, they both scale significantly above KCM Naruto and not to each other.
Minatos profile simply puts alive Minato above the raikage and teen Obito. Obito has direct scaling to kcm2 Naruto in both AP and speed, who Kurama states have far surpassed Minato.

Obito >~ kcm2 Naruto > Minato
I don't think having your arm melt off is minimal damage...Also Minato's Rasengan should scale above KCM Naruto's, check his profile.
His arm "melting off" is pretty miniscule damage considering the fact that Obito is willing to casually slice his own arm. And as per his profile, at the very least he "should be much more durable than his young self". If Minatos rasengan could barely rip off teen Obitos arm, even assuming Minato manages to hit him with a rasengan he most likely won't take any significant damage if any at all. And the minimal damage he might take gets regenerated.

His profile scales him above old Hiruzen in AP and young Ay in speed. Nothing scaling him above kcm1 Narutos rasengan. Obito no sold kcm1 Narutos rasengan and tanked kcm2 Narutos rasengan to the mask (although the mask itself broke) + his headbutt to the face. Again kcm2 Naruto > alive Minato. So Minato doesn't even have a solid way to damage Obito. And Obito has regen on top of that as well as Kamui. Minato has literally no win cons.
I'm voting for Obito. I'm not sure what you don't understand.

Minatos profile simply puts alive Minato above the raikage and teen Obito. Obito has direct scaling to kcm2 Naruto in both AP and speed, who Kurama states have far surpassed Minato.
Minato~>V2 Ay>>V1 Ay~>KCM Naruto

Obito doesn't scale to KCM2 Naruto on the profile stats, which you have to adhere to for VSBW matches.
Obito >~ kcm2 Naruto > Minato

His arm "melting off" is pretty miniscule damage considering the fact that Obito is willing to casually slice his own arm. And as per his profile, at the very least he "should be much more durable than his young self". If Minatos rasengan could barely rip off teen Obitos arm, even assuming Minato manages to hit him with a rasengan he most likely won't take any significant damage if any at all. And the minimal damage he might take gets regenerated.
That's just because he can replace it, it doesn't mean the attack didn't overpower his durability. It also says more, not much more, so it doesn't mean he's just gonna no sell the Rasengan. Sure he could regen some attacks, but that's not gonna last forever or heal extreme damage.
His profile scales him above old Hiruzen in AP and young Ay in speed. Nothing scaling him above kcm1 Narutos rasengan. Obito no sold kcm1 Narutos rasengan and tanked kcm2 Narutos rasengan to the mask (although the mask itself broke) + his headbutt to the face. Again kcm2 Naruto > alive Minato. So Minato doesn't even have a solid way to damage Obito. And Obito has regen on top of that as well as Kamui. Minato has literally no win cons.
"far higher with Rasengan (Minato created the Rasengan to counter Bijū Bombs.[30] As a teen, he clashed with a Bijū Bomb from Kurama who had a large amount of his chakra released[30])"

Also Minato has sealing, not just AP based ways of beating an enemy.
I'm voting for Obito. I'm not sure what you don't understand.
You said Minato FRA

Can only maintain that for five minutes and he's not gonna passively keep it active the whole time, he never fights like that.
He can just activate it whenever Minato pops up. He teleports instantly, but he doesn't attack instantly, and in fact attacks at a speed that Obito is more than capable of combating. The profile even says that Kamui is better than FTG. KCM1 is compared to Minato's speed several times, even by those who fought him. If that's not enough, Kakashi could respond to Sage Minato's Rasengan, and Obito boxed with him.
What I mean is that an attack with FTG assistance is very sudden.
Obito has already had experience fighting against FTG. It should honestly be very predictable after 2 times. And Minato's Rasengan is not one shotting Obito.
"far higher with Rasengan (Minato created the Rasengan to counter Bijū Bombs.[30] As a teen, he clashed with a Bijū Bomb from Kurama who had a large amount of his chakra released[30])"

Also Minato has sealing, not just AP based ways of beating an enemy.
Minato doesn't seal unless absolutely necessary, and its way less efficient than just A.P
Obito was a threat because Minato didn't know how his ability worked and he didn't have a marker on Obito. He literally would've blitzed and one shot YM Obito if he had those two advantages. Also it'll be very hard to tag Minato when he has Rel reactions + FTG.
This is literally not true. Minato was referring to Obito overall not just his Kamui.

He can just activate it whenever Minato pops up. He teleports instantly, but he doesn't attack instantly, and in fact attacks at a speed that Obito is more than capable of combating. The profile even says that Kamui is better than FTG. KCM1 is compared to Minato's speed several times, even by those who fought him. If that's not enough, Kakashi could respond to Sage Minato's Rasengan, and Obito boxed with him.
Obito can react to Minato's normal combat speed, but he's never reacted to him attacking with FTG. Also Kakashi reacted to Minato's arm being kicked, which is not the same as Minato actually hitting someone.
Obito has already had experience fighting against FTG. It should honestly be very predictable after 2 times. And Minato's Rasengan is not one shotting Obito.
FTG is not such an easy jutsu to deal with, especially with someone as smart as Minato, who also has other variants that Obito hasn't seen.

I never said it'll one shot him, just that it'd do some good damage.
Minato doesn't seal unless absolutely necessary, and its way less efficient than just A.P
Based on what...? He's used sealing jutsu in combat a bunch.
This is literally not true. Minato was referring to Obito overall not just his Kamui.
Not referring to Minato's statement, but the actual way their fight went down.

Minato was stalemated by Base Killer Bee, even though Minato already had a mark on him. White Mask Obito's reaction speed is faster than that, even faster than Edo Madara.

Bee's Tentacle is faster than Minato. Obito casually reacted to WA BM Bee's arm fodle. So he reacted to an attack that faster than Base Minato's combat speed.

12360391-760-1200-231090.webp

Base Killer Bee reacted to Base Minato's Hiraishin attack. WM Obito's reaction speed is faster than Base Killer Bee.

12360434-760-1200-126912.webp

Bee's Tentacle is faster than Minato. Obito casually reacted to WA BM Bee's arm fodle. So he reacted to an attack that faster than Base Minato's combat speed.

12360391-760-1200-231090.webp

Base Killer Bee reacted to Base Minato's Hiraishin attack. WM Obito's reaction speed is faster than Base Killer Bee.

12360434-760-1200-126912.webp
1. Again, you need to abide by profile stats and Base Bee does not scale to Minato on the profile
2. That's Jonin Minato, not Hokage Minato
3. Bee placed his kunai behind him before Minato teleported

1. Again, you need to abide by profile stats and Base Bee does not scale to Minato on the profile
2. That's Jonin Minato, not Hokage Minato
3. Bee placed his kunai behind him before Minato teleported
1. Because I don't think the profile is valid.
2. Minato become Hokage just after that war, proof there is difference. I can use your logic too just by saying that is teen Killer Bee, not WA Killer Bee.
3. Not.

1. Because I don't think the profile is valid.
A vote can only be counted if u abide by the stats
2. Minato become Hokage just after that war, proof there is difference. I can use your logic too just by saying that is teen Killer Bee, not WA Killer Bee.
Minato was like 20 during that battle, so he had lots of fighting training and experience after the battle.

Ik but it's unquantifiable. Hokage Minato>Jonin Minato~Base Teen Bee<WA Base Bee doesn't mean Hokage Minato~WA Base Bee unless you can quantify the differences which you can't.

A vote can only be counted if u abide by the stats

Minato was like 20 during that battle, so he had lots of fighting training and experience after the battle.

Ik but it's unquantifiable. Hokage Minato>Jonin Minato~Base Teen Bee<WA Base Bee doesn't mean Hokage Minato~WA Base Bee unless you can quantify the differences which you can't.
Again I don't think the stats in profile is valid.

I can thow with your same logic that age is also 20 where WA Killer Bee is 32, so he had lots of fighting training and experience after the battle.

I don't care about it, I care about evidence that Minato become much stronger and you don't have that evidence instead of spreading headcanon.

I can thow with your same logic that age is also 20 where WA Killer Bee is 32, so he had lots of fighting training and experience after the battle.

I don't care about it, I care about evidence that Minato become much stronger and you don't have that evidence instead of spreading headcanon.
If you don't think the stat is valid then make a crt for this to be fixed
But till them abide by stats

Not my point, you can talk about your opinion on the scaling all you want, but your vote won't be counted.
Headcanon to assume the amp is proportional to number of years.
Hokage Minato is compared to KCM2 Naruto 🤷‍♂️

Not my point, you can talk about your opinion on the scaling all you want, but your vote won't be counted.

Headcanon to assume the amp is proportional to number of years.

Hokage Minato is compared to KCM2 Naruto 🤷‍♂️
You are the one that starting using years, I just serve you with your own logic so that you understand your own weird behaviour.

Teen Kakashi's eye perception < WA Kakashi's eye perception. So KCM2's body flicker is faster than Minato because it blink WA Kakashi's eye perception, not Teen Kakashi like Minato did because by the last time Minato life Kakashi is 14 years old. Also in Raikage's Databook is stated that his speed is not inferior to Minato. So at best, Minato is equal to Raikage's speed that slower than KCM1's body flicker.

Also Minato can't BFR all Bijuu. Dude already in low chakra after BFR Kurama in Canon. He will die of exhausted before he can BFR all The Bijuu.

You Minatosparkle doesn't realize this detail 🤣🤣🤣😎😎😎.

Back