• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mikey Downgrades... Again (Tokyo Revengers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
who tf keeps wanking this one guy

Bodily Weaponry

Grievously injuring someone with your bare hands doesn't qualify for this power. This wiki indexes far more extreme examples of people using their bare hands to inflict violence - such as punching a hole in someone's chest or crushing their skull - so this definitely shouldn't be there.

Fear Inducement/Rage Power

Both of these are in his first key, but they're also stated to be via Dark Impulse, so both of these abilities should be moved to that key instead (minus fear manipulation, which is literally just a byproduct of Mikey tearing a guy's mouth open and isn't hax).

"Far Higher" Fear Inducement

No valid reason is given for why this should be any more potent than your basic fear hax. Even then, feeling a "murderous aura" from someone doesn't necessarily equate to fear hax, just that you get the vibe they're about to kill someone. So this should just be removed outright.

Sleep Manipulation/Instinctive Action

First of all, boxing in your sleep isn't sleep manipulation, lmao. Second of all, afaik "sleep boxing" isn't a real thing, and the only scans to justify it is a link to a 1979 martial arts film with 0 relation to Tokyo Revengers, and a profile for a character from *******... Soul Eater, of all things (which is not Tokyo Revengers, surprisingly). Nuke both of these.

High Pain Tolerance

Pain tolerance isn't an ability. This should me moved to the stamina section.

Pressure Points

Disarticulation doesn't require hitting pressure points; You can literally just disarticulate your hip if you slip and fall.

Paralysis Inducement/Pressure Points

This was literally removed last thread I made on this topic, who the hell put it back? Anyways, beating someone up so bad they can't move isn't a special power. Do I get paralysis inducement by running someone over with my car and making them unable to move?

Information Analysis

This is just Mikey guessing. He isn't 100% sure that the other guy is seeing into the future or whatever. Even then, it's not like it's an unreasonable guess; He just noticed that the other guy is reacting to his attacks before he even starts moving.

Me reading through the thread and then this:

First of all, boxing in your sleep isn't sleep manipulation, lmao. Second of all, afaik "sleep boxing" isn't a real thing, and the only scans to justify it is a link to a 1979 martial arts film with 0 relation to Tokyo Revengers, and a profile for a character from *******... Soul Eater, of all things (which is not Tokyo Revengers, surprisingly). Nuke both of these.
WHAT???????????????? WHO IS WROTE THIS TYPE OF SHIT ON THE PROFILE!?

The person who added this should get an official warning because there are limits to be oblivIous about how the wiki work.

Damn, I knew the quality of the verse wasn't the best even before the previous thread, but this thing really opened my eyes.

This was literally removed last thread I made on this topic, who the hell put it back? Anyways, beating someone up so bad they can't move isn't a special power. Do I get paralysis inducement by running someone over with my car and making them unable to move?
Correct, as someone that participated in the last thread I remember this, which is why I find it so rare so I took the time to review literally every single change since you last edit from the past thread and discovered that the user Steezstifler added all of this nonsense without linking any crt and just stating that they were necessary changes, furthermore this same user added tier 0 to the profile various times, upgraded his LS to Class 10 when the calc in his profile was just peak human (he also changed Taiyu Shiba profile to Class 10 despite his calc being accepted as Class 5), and several more things, so at this point the user should be brought in the rule violation thread to get banned because he is clearly harmful for the verse.

I agree with this, and whoever is adding these unrelated abilities with such stupid justifications should probably get a warning, they are not knowledgeable enough to be adding abilities.
Considering all the other things said user have also done so far they should at least a temporary ban.

who tf keeps wanking this one guy

Bodily Weaponry

Grievously injuring someone with your bare hands doesn't qualify for this power. This wiki indexes far more extreme examples of people using their bare hands to inflict violence - such as punching a hole in someone's chest or crushing their skull - so this definitely shouldn't be there.
LMFAO what

Having nails is bodily weaponry now?

Fear Inducement/Rage Power

Both of these are in his first key, but they're also stated to be via Dark Impulse, so both of these abilities should be moved to that key instead (minus fear manipulation, which is literally just a byproduct of Mikey tearing a guy's mouth open and isn't hax).
How the **** did people let this happen? Who let blud cook?

"Far Higher" Fear Inducement

No valid reason is given for why this should be any more potent than your basic fear hax. Even then, feeling a "murderous aura" from someone doesn't necessarily equate to fear hax, just that you get the vibe they're about to kill someone. So this should just be removed outright.
Bruhj

I had a feeling these TR profiles were dogshit from the start. Good to know. Thank **** I gave up evaluating the messy calcs this verse had a while back.

High Pain Tolerance

Pain tolerance isn't an ability. This should me moved to the stamina section.
'Fraid that's the standard procedure now. Yeet away.

Pressure Points

Disarticulation doesn't require hitting pressure points; You can literally just disarticulate your hip if you slip and fall.
The more I read this the more nonsensical it gets.

LMFAO this one made me chuckle.

Information Analysis

This is just Mikey guessing. He isn't 100% sure that the other guy is seeing into the future or whatever. Even then, it's not like it's an unreasonable guess; He just noticed that the other guy is reacting to his attacks before he even starts moving.
Bruh trying to give other Info Analysis users a terrible ******* name.

Yeah, all of the current justifications for the abilities reek of bullshit. Get rid of them.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear
Yeah, that was fast.
I had a feeling these TR profiles were dogshit from the start. Good to know. Thank **** I gave up evaluating the messy calcs this verse had a while back.
Pretty sure they were, but at least in defense of the supporters of the verse all of this shit was made by a single user, who previously made the profile tier 0 two times and other things, so in this case the problem is that user in particular.

I agree with the TKR downgrade, and agree with deleteTKR verse from this wiki.

Even the 1.8 MJ, I don't remember when it was accepted. Even if it was accepted, I have never seen a thread discussing the scaling of the TKR verse. I don't know where Mikey's 1.8 MJ came from. In this thread, there was no staff who said it was valid. I asked Cloudy about this, but he avoided the issue, accusing me of being bias, and then he disappeared without answering my questions.

If it has truly been accepted, please show me the source, because I can't find it anywhere

Currently, they still use Mikey's 1.8 MJ to compare against other characters.

Yeah hard agree with removing these, there's a reason I completely stopped interacting with this verse and these kinda terrible profiles and calcs prime examples

Oh my god, I thought some of these abilities were rejected! I literally remember the thread when some of those abilities were proposed and a good portion were rejected. I hope it’s not the same person who added it back

I've aplied the changes, this can be closed

578zag.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back