• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mikey Ability Removals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little late to this so I'm just gonna provide some thoughts on this

I don't get why Mikey and other TR characters have had empathic manipulation since they were added, I'm pretty sure every case of it in the verse is just social influencing. The body control feat also makes zero sense, isn't that just an acrobatics feat at best? Also sense manipulation. I'm legitimately surprised that wasn't removed instantly, that is literally just a side effect of getting your ass beat in a fight.

I agree with pretty much everything though, aside from removing social influencing and fear inducement. I do believe there's better feats of fear inducement in later chapters from Mikey's usage of Dark Impulse, so it could just be moved to his DI key and given better justification. I'd have to look again though, it's been a while since I read through TR's final arc. Otherwise, I'm surprised that some of these abilities even got added to the profile, the justifications used make zero sense.

Cloud and Worthless got banished to shadow realm, what should we do now?
Wait an entire week, I guess.
Can you post the entire context for the Sense Manipulation feat? As in, the actual fight or whatever move was used on the guy that made him lose his hearing?
thanos-ill-do-it.gif

Little late to this so I'm just gonna provide some thoughts on this

I don't get why Mikey and other TR characters have had empathic manipulation since they were added, I'm pretty sure every case of it in the verse is just social influencing. The body control feat also makes zero sense, isn't that just an acrobatics feat at best? Also sense manipulation. I'm legitimately surprised that wasn't removed instantly, that is literally just a side effect of getting your ass beat in a fight.

I agree with pretty much everything though, aside from removing social influencing and fear inducement. I do believe there's better feats of fear inducement in later chapters from Mikey's usage of Dark Impulse, so it could just be moved to his DI key and given better justification. I'd have to look again though, it's been a while since I read through TR's final arc. Otherwise, I'm surprised that some of these abilities even got added to the profile, the justifications used make zero sense.
I think moving fear manipulation to his DI key is fine given the new context, yeah.

Social Influencing, Fear Inducement and Genius Intelligence should stay in my opinion.
SI and fear inducement are fine (even I think fear inducement should be moved to another key), but I'm curious as to why genius intelligence should stay.

Is the rest fine to go though?

(even I think fear inducement should be moved to another key)
Well Mikey's profile is a mess, his dark impulse key is pretty much just him during the final arc even though he already had them at 8, his non-dark impulse keys include dark impulse abilities and even say "higher with dark impulses", there are also calculations being used that have been rejected, abilities that I don't think were ever accepted, and a lot more. He shouldn't even have a dark impulse key to begin with but whatever.

but I'm curious as to why genius intelligence should stay.
He has been very proficient at using multiple martial arts without training/practicing since 4 and was deemed as a genius, even being able to use sleep boxing accidentally somehow. In elementary school he could already beat tons of gang members at once who were older than him and was known as the strongest delinquent. In middle school he could beat an adult gang member with no difficulty and also defeat an older gang leader. Mikey has shown a great understanding of the human body, often attacking human weak points and being adept at disarticulation. He is so skilled that fighters who are considered top martial artists among gang members are nowhere near him. He can beat countless delinquents without breaking a sweat, and when 200 gang members faced him he considered them handicapped and said that he could even beat 20000 men. He also figured out that Takemichi could see the future after Takemichi dodged some of his kicks. I think these are enough for genius.

He has been very proficient at using multiple martial arts without training/practicing since 4 and was deemed as a genius, even being able to use sleep boxing accidentally somehow. In elementary school he could already beat tons of gang members at once who were older than him and was known as the strongest delinquent. In middle school he could beat an adult gang member with no difficulty and also defeat an older gang leader. Mikey has shown a great understanding of the human body, often attacking human weak points and being adept at disarticulation. He is so skilled that fighters who are considered top martial artists among gang members are nowhere near him. He can beat countless delinquents without breaking a sweat, and when 200 gang members faced him he considered them handicapped and said that he could even beat 20000 men. He also figured out that Takemichi could see the future after Takemichi dodged some of his kicks. I think these are enough for genius.
All of that in tandem works well enough for me. I'll just leave fear manipulation as is, too.

If any staff are reading, is it okay to apply this now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back