• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I assume this would also give Volgin all of Mantis' abilities?
Don't think so, just what was shown by him or what Mantis had at the time (Kid Mantis doesnt have his adult self's full skillset yet).

I don't think people can be added as equipment.
There are some examples on the top of my head that could be considered as equipment, like how Raphtalia is Naofumi's slave and would technically count as his equipment because she is sworn to him by the Slave Crest. (Plus he's purely defensive and requires it)

There's also Miriam Mead in AMS, she counts as equipment, as she's an android in service of someone else and is with them at all times, despite being their own person.

Last edited:
I guess we can add Mantis to TMOF's equipment then. Are we all on the same page about the regen and immortality?

I'll just say I can't for now, got few other CRT's to deal with and real life responsibilities.
I know that feel man, though it's actually the opposite for me, me doing MGS is preventing me from actively partaking in other threads for the most part.

Fyi, if we add Mantis to TMOF's equipment (we have to anyway), a note in his weakness section should be added that taking out or incapping Mantis will temporarily incapacitate TMOF in most situations for a brief moment.

More precisely, we should specify that were the opponent to bear more negative emotions than Volgin's, Mantis would just drop his ass and leech off of the other guy, essentially killing him (TMOF i mean)

I mean, via SBA, both fighters wanna kill the other, but I can definitely see that happening if someone else, especially a kid, has a Lust For Revenge. It should go in the weaknesses section.

Yeah I dunno if there's no staff opposition maybe we can begin adding stuff?

For the sorrow and PW? I have some experience in making profiles, if you want i can help out with them.

I wouldn't know how to create the profiles tho
I can do that if you want or can't figure it yourself (Or Armor given he also offered). 've gotten quite good at writing up profiles in the past few months, had a lot of practice time given the move prevented any from being published.

I mean, he's got the abilities down already, that's the hard part, formatting isn't too bad

If some staff member gives the ok we can start adding the stuff in, it'd be best if either of you handles the profile-creation aspect.

Are there abilities or changes that we can't implement or haven't discussed properly?

Actually. I mentioned this before but. Sandboxes, if we write up the profiles in the sandboxes, literally anyone here can help out, tweak it, and can get involved.
In that sense, we can get the profiles all worked in a way mostly everyone should be fine with.

I'm pretty sure, for abilities at least, everything's been discussed and settled?

Here, I also copy pasted the standard format twice so just delete the filler and fill it in with the actual info. Whoever wants to start working on them can start, I'll do so myself later too.
Though, save often your edits for whoever wants to add in.

Also, do we need pictures or vectors for the characters? If we need them, post a picture you want to be seen use and I'll work on vectoring it.

Done for now, tell me what you think. Didn't do the descriptions and the pictures, though tell me if you need a background cut out for a render, it's something I enjoy doing

Two things regarding Peace Walker.
It having ICBM's, would we qualify this for Homing Attack?
Also, while it's stated to be 25mph, it does at one point outpace The Boss' horse for a prolonged period of time, despite the horse putting in its best. Would a "possibly higher (Outpaced The Boss' horse for a period of time)" work for everyone?

Two things regarding Peace Walker.
It having ICBM's, would we qualify this for Homing Attack?
Also, while it's stated to be 25mph, it does at one point outpace The Boss' horse for a prolonged period of time, despite the horse putting in its best. Would a "possibly higher (Outpaced The Boss' horse for a period of time)" work for everyone?
I suppose that makes sense, though it should be "possibly Superhuman" as that's the speed a horse reaches

Actually here's the source. Huey stats Peace Walker's estimated top speed is 25mph. Which makes sense, they never actually put PW into field testing or anything. In action I guess it's more like 30mph over a sustained period of time, though, to be fair, the horse had to deal with some missiles and shit and could slowly encroach on it when doing a burst of speed.

Snake says that The Boss' horse should be able to hit at least 30mph (as in, that's the lowend), which is 48kmph, superhuman. So I'd say, At least Peak Human, possibly/likely superhuman (Comparable to The Boss' horse), should be fine right?

Yeah it's fine.
What about Ocelot's and The Boss' intellect tho, is Extraordinary Genius fine?

Ocelot is literally, by the page's definition, Extraordinary. "Those who outsmart supercomputers".
He pulled a fast one on the shadow patriots. Even ignoring everything else that would give credence to it.

The Boss is weird, she has some aspects of extraordinary, but only in specific facets, not all around. So idk what to do with that.

Ok so.
Here's a few abilities I added, before saving the update I wanna run them by here.

For Peace Walker.

I added Limited Attack Deflection as part of the Electromagnetic manip, as while it's up it can deflect various weapons back at Big Boss, like rockets. Limited though as some weapons can still hit it.

I was gonna add surface scaling for when it climbed up like a 85 degree cliff face but I honestly dont think it qualifies as I dont see it climbing something like a ceiling. Plus photographic memory but this one is kinda fucky, I mean it can record things but that's not exactly a visual thing.

For The Sorrow I added
Extrasensory Perception (Even before death, he could see and commune with the souls of the dead)
Non-corporality, speaks for itself.
Necromancy (was already discussed, apart of his summoning).

Back