• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
We all know the scan of Mewtwo impaling Deoxys with a spoon. For some reason, we didn't use that, but well...it's not really a reason. Mewtwo should scale to Deoxys via taking hits and impalements from Deoxys, and vise versa. Scales to Mew, Darkrai, and Cresselia. Also the Aura Trio, as 50% Zygarde fought Mega Mewtwo, and the other two are above 50% slightly.

Thanks. That one is an easy change without controversy, so I'll change that, but I need more opinions for the tier change.

It should be High-Low to Low-Mid. Being impaled there should be Low-Mid, given that that should have damaged the lungs and possibly the heart.

I support this, this exact Mewtwo has done some rather high end things like fight off Zygarde, fight Darkrai (the climax of him fighting Deoxys had him clashing with Darkrai) and obviously this.

@Promstein

Deoxys' biology is quite different, him being impaled there is him actually being impaled through its brain, which is what the crystal like organ is according to dex entries.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
@Promstein
Deoxys' biology is quite different, him being impaled there is him actually being impaled through its brain, which is what the crystal like organ is according to dex entries.
I think he was talking about where Mewtwo was stabbed and not Deoxys

She, but yes, I was talking about Mewtwo.

There's giving a character the feats they have in all continuities for a page, and then there's saying that certain feats apply to all continuities even if the situation it occurred in never happened.

This is the latter.

also i think deoxys regen should be downgraded, because if it's cristal is destroyed, he dies (at least from what i remember), so he should have Low-Mid regen, not Low-High

Iirc, the rule was game feats, the primary canon, take priority and scale to the rest, but not vice versa. If Deoxys was a planet buster in the manga, then it wouldn't scale to canon Deoxys.

Overlord775 said:
also i think deoxys regen should be downgraded, because if it's cristal is destroyed, he dies (at least from what i remember), so he should have Low-Mid regen, not Low-High
He can regenerate as long as the crystal is intact, that's Low-High rege

@Prom

Ah sorry.

on another note.

I'm not touching the cross continuity argument, I don't feel like entering that shitshow, but obviously this Mewtwo scaes to this Deoxys (and Darkrai and to an extent Zygarde), wether those mons are equal to the games or not is something I'm not gonna touch upon.

That sounds stupid.

It's like, if we made Dragon Ball pages composite, Toppo would not be Low 2-C for fighting Goku, as the Low 2-C feats come from Xenoverse, not DBS.

That's...not what I said...at all. In fact, it's the literal exact opposite.

The equivalent is saying Xeno!Toppo is 3-A for fighting Goku who performed a 3-A feat in the actual canon series. Which is actually how we rate those characters.

First up, Xeno Toppo does not exist (I know it's just an example, but I'm clarifying).

Second, give one reason why feats from the games apply to the manga. Manga Deoxys did not fight Mega Rayquaza.

And Broly's, Beerus', Frieza's, and Cell's feat didn't happen in Xenoverse. It's kinda the same.

Besides, you're gonna have to start a new thread about that topic, As the concept has been accepted for a long time now.

@Cal

Frieza's and Cell's feats did happen in Xenoverse though (At least, Frieza's did). Broly comes from a parallel universe where his movie happened, and Xenoverse is generally a bad example because it literally just deals with the canon events being messed up by Mira and Towa, it's not like a completely different universe with no similar events.

...Astrid concept? And this kind of thing is still very much relevant to the topic.

I mean, you brought up XV first :p (just messing with ya. Not throwing shade at all)

It was a typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back