• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon 5-B Downgrade (I'm really sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deoxys meteor calc was being rejected, and was calculated at High 6-A at best, and since even Mystery Dungeon isn't used anymore, then the conditions are these
  • Deoxys, Base Mewtwo, Base Rayquaza and Mew will be Baseline 5-B due of the meteor still be at very least 5-B because of the whole Delta Episode context
  • Kyurem in its Black/White and Original Key will just be 5-B, likely 4-B
  • Primal Groudon and Kyogre will be Low 5-B+
  • Mega Latios/Latias will be "Likely Low 5-B"
  • Xerneas won't have its calc as justification anymore, but just the scaling from 50% Zygarde

Last edited:
3 is rookie numbers Pokémon currently has 5 on going last time I checked.

Jokes aside, a moderate nerf to AP while still remaining in the same tier is pretty inconsequential all things considered. I feel like this should be done and sorted in no time.

Yeah pretty much that. Tao Trio scales above Shiny Genesect who is comparable to Mega Mewtwo who downscales from 50% Zygarde who downscales from Ultra Necrozma.

So if we are throwing out the calculations, what are the reasons for the statistics suggested above?

Prefer more input form more familiar staff, but looks fine. But might be a good idea to link old calculations.

It is very convenient to use the game information (for Deoxys's feat) now that the calculation no longer has the previous Tier (5-B). Answer me: Do you want to make this as accurate as possible, or just accept something at least Planet level? It seems that the later is what is happening.

I'll not even discuss what is canon or not, it's irrelevant, Pokémon is a mess. It's just why using now the game for this feat, and not the manga anymore. What is the reason?

Because
So tldr: Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre are toghether 5-B, backed from Kyogre's feat in Generations, the meteor is above both and Rayquaza is the only one who can oppose the meteor, so the meteor has to be 5-B for these reasons

You didn't answer my question. I asked the reason to use the game and not the manga, not a ridiculous scaling trying to put the meteor equal/superior to 5-B characters. And you do realize that they are only 5-B because of this meteor feat, wich is High 6-A, right?

You didn't answer my question. I asked the reason to use the game and not the manga
Because game is primary canon, so whatever happens both in games and adaptations like manga, the games take the first place, look at the Darkrai matches to see an example
not a ridiculous scaling trying to put the meteor equal/superior to 5-B characters.
I like how ignored my points
And you do realize that they are only 5-B because of this meteor feat, wich is High 6-A, right?
Kyogre destroying the planet overtime and Zinnia statements are now not a factor right?

Because game is primary canon, so whatever happens both in games and adaptations like manga, the games take the first place, look at the Darkrai matches to see an example

There is nothing about "primary canon" here, you can't just assume what is primary canon or not, we had never done such thing before, as you already ignored in the previous thread of yours, a comment from @Ionliosite about the canon.

I like how ignored my points

Ignored because I didn't ask that. Simple as that.

Kyogre destroying the planet overtime and Zinnia statements are now not a factor right?

Destroying a planet overtime isn't 5-B, that's pretty much obvious. Already makes Zinnia's statements useless.

There is nothing about "primary canon" here, you can't just assume what is primary canon or not, we had never done such thing before, as you already ignored in the previous thread of yours, a comment from @Ionliosite about the canon.
Lmao ok, primary canon is a thing, so please just stop already
Ignored because I didn't ask that. Simple as that.
Nice, so now anything that debunks your claims is ignored
Destroying a planet overtime isn't 5-B, that's pretty much obvious. Already makes Zinnia's statements useless.
Hm? I said that toghether they have a similar effect to the meteor, aka they are 5-B if their powers are combined. And how is "breaking the world toghether" not 5-B, is literally how the meteor was described

Lmao ok, primary canon is a thing, so please just stop already
And in the very same blog the user states the manga is also canon, and nothing about the game being primary canon, besides his useless own words about it. There is nothing about game being primary canon, everything is just being used. Now I ask again, why use the manga feat for so long, and now that the calc gets downgrade, use the game statements?
Hm? I said that toghether they have a similar effect to the meteor, aka they are 5-B if their powers are combined. And how is "breaking the world toghether" not 5-B, is literally how the meteor was described
You said they both together have a similar effect to the meteor, you just forgot to tell that to Nintendo. Such statement isn't said anywhere, at least, by the link you linked in the comment, nothing about them being equal to the meteor. It doesn't matter how is Kyogre's statement, the feat is overtime. Take the GBE energy and do the math to find your consistent Tier 6 Pokémon.

And in the very same blog the user states the manga is also canon, and nothing about the game being primary canon, besides his useless own words about it. There is nothing about game being primary canon, everything is just being used. Now I ask again, why use the manga feat for so long, and now that the calc gets downgrade, use the game statements?
The blog was initially made because of deciding the canonicity, with the games being primary and manga/anime being secondary. Also, the verse page states composite canon, so the meteor would be 5-B over High 6-A because of this.
You said they both together have a similar effect to the meteor, you just forgot to tell that to Nintendo. Such statement isn't said anywhere, at least, by the link you linked in the comment, nothing about them being equal to the meteor. It doesn't matter how is Kyogre's statement, the feat is overtime. Take the GBE energy and do the math to find your consistent Tier 6 Pokémon.
The feat being overtime just supports them being 5-B when toghether lol, that's literally ignoring the point. Plus, I said before that Rayquaza is the Hoenn's protector, and the meteor came after the Primals Return, meaning that they have a similar power to the meteor

And all you have is the "breaking the world forever", wich isn't a solid planet busting statement Vs. the actual image of what would happen to the planet in the manga, a surface busting feat. They both complete each other, surface busting statement and feat.

The blog was initially made because of deciding the canonicity, with the games being primary and manga/anime being secondary. Also, the verse page states composite canon, so the meteor would be 5-B over High 6-A because of this.
Composite canon, yeah. The meteor would be 5-B if you have proof, and you don't. I explained that in my previous comment.
The feat being overtime just supports them being 5-B when toghether lol, that's literally ignoring the point. Plus, I said before that Rayquaza is the Hoenn's protector, and the meteor came after the Primals Return, meaning that they have a similar power to the meteor
The feat being overtime supports nothing, stop with non sense stuff. Or do you really think they both together are 5-B, despite Kyogre's overtime feat being Tier 6? What is the timeframe? Minutes? Hours? Take the value in seconds and divide that by the GBE. You will not get Tier 5.

So you have nothing to put the meteor as a legit planet busting meteor. You have a vague statement and a solid surface busting feat from the manga. Feats > Statements in this wiki, doesn't matter if the game is primary canon (you didn't prove that), in Pokémon almost everything is canon. If you have a vague statement + a solid feat from the other media, the feat should be used.

I'm not taking a position in a side or another, but I just want to say that I don't believe the Primals will literally destroy the planet they live on and control in a DB fashion, they will more like turn it into a place completely devastated by floodings, earthquakes etc..., since that's basically what they have always done.

Last edited:
The feat being overtime supports nothing, stop with non sense stuff. Or do you really think they both together are 5-B, despite Kyogre's overtime feat being Tier 6? What is the timeframe? Minutes? Hours? Take the value in seconds and divide that by the GBE. You will not get Tier 5.

M3X makes sense here.

Composite canon, yeah. The meteor would be 5-B if you have proof, and you don't. I explained that in my previous comment.
You called the scaling ridiculous and ignored the proofs because you didn't ask them, so why are you saying that I didn't bring proof?
The feat being overtime supports nothing, stop with non sense stuff.
Supportive feats exists my dude, is not that every feat of a character must be of the same tier.
Or do you really think they both together are 5-B, despite Kyogre's overtime feat being Tier 6?
Is fiction dude, them being Low 5-B+ for destroying the planet overtime when a comparable damage had the same result is definitely not wrong. Plus they're already High 6-A in base, isn't that already enough?
What is the timeframe? Minutes? Hours? Take the value in seconds and divide that by the GBE. You will not get Tier 5.
That's just cherry-picking at this point
So you have nothing to put the meteor as a legit planet busting meteor. You have a vague statement and a solid surface busting feat from the manga. Feats > Statements in this wiki
What? If the statements are solid they're usable
doesn't matter if the game is primary canon (you didn't prove that), in Pokémon almost everything is canon. If you have a vague statement + a solid feat from the other media, the feat should be used.
I proved it, but you again ignored it because you don't want to, but anyways, I called @YuriAkuto to confirm my point, since I was there when that blog was made, so I can confirm for myself that the games are primary canon.

Supportive feats exists my dude, is not that every feat of a character must be of the same tier.
They do exist, but I fail to see how a Tier 6 supports a "5-B" feat. Mind explaning?
Is fiction dude, them being Low 5-B+ for destroying the planet overtime when a comparable damage had the same result is definitely not wrong. Plus they're already High 6-A in base, isn't that already enough?
You can't possibly be Low 5-B+ by destroying a planet overtime. Even if you use 1 minute, you'd get 5-C results, far from 5-B. I fail to see how splitting the Earth in half has anything to do with our discussion. They are High 6-A in base. So what? It does not mean they should be 3 Tiers above with a power up.

If the "splitting the Earth overtime" is about the overtime Earth destruction, yeah, forget that. Not related. And you need to prove that the destruction is indeed about the Earth, and not some flowery language like the "break the world forever" statement, wich isn't solid.
That's just cherry-picking at this point
How so? That's literally how we calculate this. Energy/time = actual energy. But first, you need to prove that this is a planet busting feat but overtime, and not simply what @SamanPatou said. I also agree with him on that one.
What? If the statements are solid they're usable
Keyword: If

It isn't solid. "Breaking the world forever" isn't a solid 5-B statement. Manga feat is clear, it should be used.

Waiting for the blog user to comment here then.

They do exist, but I fail to see how a Tier 6 supports a "5-B" feat. Mind explaning?
I mean, Darth Nihilus has a High 6-A feat supporting his 5-B rating, so what re you talking about?
And you need to prove that the destruction is indeed about the Earth, and not some flowery language like the "break the world forever" statement, wich isn't solid.
  • Flowery Language
  • You'd know that Zinnia reffered to the planet in a serious way if you watched all the links, you're just doing anything to downgrade Pokémon now
But first, you need to prove that this is a planet busting feat but overtime, and not simply what @SamanPatou said. I also agree with him on that one.
Again, the links of the being a threat to the planet in the myths are a confirmation
It isn't solid. "Breaking the world forever" isn't a solid 5-B statement.
Is already explained how it is, stop dodging.
Waiting for the blog user to comment here then.
At least this, now let's suspend this discussion for a moment and let's wait

You can't possibly be Low 5-B+ by destroying a planet overtime. Even if you use 1 minute, you'd get 5-C results, far from 5-B.
Btw, this is already kinda false

Earth GBE / 60 seconds = 2.487e32 / 60 = 4.145e30 Joule / 990.68 Exatons, aka already x2.29 times the baseline Low 5-B

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back