• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Unova Legends scaling has been bugging me for a hot minute (possible revision: 3-A -> 5-B, at LEAST 6-A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...because it's the main weapon it uses in physical fights...

Prove it. Because call me Alex Jones, but I don't think it's any kind of coincidence that you've decided to waddle past any further requests for pics / screens the second he puts the spoon down.

It's literally how it fights in the manga lmao
Again, you're deflecting my point. If you have the full Manga downloaded, it'd be in all our best interest for you to show us the volume the fight came from.
Spoon was long since dropped in the last of the scans posted.

Again, you're deflecting my point. If you have the full Manga downloaded, it'd be in all our best interest for you to show us the volume the fight came from.
Spoon was long since dropped in the last of the scans posted.
Well, just the Deoxys vs Mewtwo fight is pretty much enough to prove so

OK, let me put this another way

Base I get using the spoon if that is what you're trying to get at, but if M2X is enough of an amp, why does he feel as though the spoon is warranted at that point?

We don't give to dudes who defend themselves using weapons they create a tier only with that weapon.

You're putting words in my mouth at this point, but OK.

As I said, I'm open to the idea that he's amping the spoon, but whether that was with the raw power or the spoon, he still got bodied. So no, I'm not suggesting a weapon node. I never did.

He blocks an attack with his spoon, and just barely. When he was hit normally he was helpless.
The spoon is something that mewtwo creates with their psychic power to help in head to head combat because special and physical stat are split in verse and mewtwo's attacks are mostly long range also crunch is a dark type move.

To go further this is a thing in fiction a person with a sword will use the sword to block this logic applies to a lot of weapons.

The Deoxys that isn't even given a tier 3 node for some dumb reason?
Cringe.

I'm talking about the way to fight.

You're putting words in my mouth at this point, but OK.

As I said, I'm open to the idea that he's amping the spoon, but whether that was with the raw power or the spoon, he still got bodied. So no, I'm not suggesting a weapon node. I never did.
Open to an headcanon which you made up from your own and that was NEVER stated in the verse.

You're the one who made the claim that Mewtwo is boosting the spoon, so the burden is on you since you made such claim. I don't need to prove otherwise since it's just not a thing.
Where did you find the Manga download?

I did try to find how regular Necrozma fared against 50% Zygarde for reference but couldn't. So if Mega Mewtwo did actually do better than base Necrozma then, fair enough.

Looking through it, some of the scaling justifications are sort of unclear (namely Ultra Beasts scaling above Dawn Wings, or how Mewtwo scales to Dawn Wings, etc.)

Anyway, if no one has concerns anymore, tomorrow I'll apply the changes to the scaling.

M2X/Y should at least be remotely downscaled from Zy50%. That's the only thing I'm going to say (even with 3-C's 900x range taken into account). Amp for megas (multiplier) also needs to be defined with a concrete number.

Looking through it, some of the scaling justifications are sort of unclear (namely Ultra Beasts scaling above Dawn Wings, or how Mewtwo scales to Dawn Wings, etc.)
Ultra Beasts are all on Nihilego's level, who could overpower Dusk Mane.

Mewtwo, well, it's at least on Dusk Mane levels due if its feat being way better than anything base Necro can do.

Amp for megas (multiplier) also needs to be defined with a concrete number.
1st part literally means nothing so I'll be ignoring it as I don't recall saying something about x900. About the second, Mega boost changes between Legendaries and Non-Legendaries, Mega Aggron for example isn't getting an extraggerated multipler from 7-A. Origin Red's Charizard is another example since it's, well, a special one. Ergo it changes in context and in base on who.

All that really happens with Merged Lusamine/Nihilego is that she throws a beast ball at Dawn Wings, I wouldn't call that overpowering it. Especially when Dawn Wings beats all of Merged Lusamine's Pokemon later.

Base Necrozma also doesn't really have any showings against 50% Zygarde to draw a good comparison to Mewtwo, who did pretty not-great against Zygarde to begin with. And then Ultra Necrozma blew Complete Zygarde to bits with one Photon Geyser, so 50% Zygarde's scaling is also kinda confusing to find out what extent it is.

I'm also not sure if the Ultra Beasts being a threat necessarily makes them equal with 50% Zygarde. Being a threat can just mean that while you are weaker, you still have the potential to cause great damage.

Last edited:
All that really happens with Merged Lusamine/Nihilego is that she throws a beast ball at Dawn Wings, I wouldn't call that overpowering it. Especially when Dawn Wings beats all of Merged Lusamine's Pokemon later.
Reading that better, they fight pretty much on par, so UBs = Dawn Wings then.

Base Necrozma also doesn't really have any showings against 50% Zygarde to draw a good comparison to Mewtwo, who did pretty not-great against Zygarde to begin with. And then Ultra Necrozma blew Complete Zygarde to bits with one Photon Geyser, so 50% Zygarde's scaling is also kinda confusing to find out what extent it is.
I mean

50% Zygarde wasn't completely fodderizzed against Ultra Necrozma and manages to send it flying.

Mega Mewtwo wasn't completely one shotted against 50% Zygarde.

That is at very least a better thing than Base Necrozma could accomplish, given that not even the 2nd power up of Necrozma (who massively upscales from Base and Dusk Mane) could completely fodderizze despite being stronger.

I don't recall saying something about x900.

You didn't, but someone did:

3-C and 3-B both have a great distance between baseline and the next tier. Basically, it's not just one number.

The difference between baseline 3-C and baseline 3-B is over 900x alone (if i remember correctly) so you can have lower AP and stay 3-C and no, it doesn't need low 3-C or high 3-C.

I also never said it was an amp before you ask @StrymULTRA - I'm simply saying that the multiplier from base 3-C to base 3-B would have to be lower for M2X/Y than it would for Zygarde 50%

I'm also not sure if the Ultra Beasts being a threat necessarily makes them equal with 50% Zygarde. Being a threat can just mean that while you are weaker, you still have the potential to cause great damage.
About this, well, someone can even argue the opposite, so for a safe end we assume simply that they're around the same power level.

VS wiki categorisations treat this as encapsulation. Does that count as said scaling?

Zygarde's performance seems inconsistent against Necrozma, given that Ultra could one-shot Complete with a single attack but then 50% can keep up despite being far weaker.

I guess as an example of the threat thing, Darth Maul was a threat to Sidious due to Maul's empire potentially ruining Sidious' plans for the galaxy. But Maul was still demonstrably far weaker than Sidious. I know this is case-by-case but the threat thing I'm still not sure fully allows for scaling the UBs to Zygarde. I don't really have further proof though, so I'll accept the scaling.

As it turns out Mewtwo did take one blow from Zygarde before blocking the Crunch, so I guess it did take two direct hits to Mewtwo before Mewtwo was knocked out. With that said Mewtwo still was kinda stomped and unable to do much to Zygarde.

That, and if UBs are indeed equal to Dawn Wings, and 50% Zygarde is equal to UBs, and 50% Zygarde stomps Mega Mewtwo, then I don't see why Mega Mewtwo would be=Dawn Wings. Maybe it would be above Base Necrozma, but there's no correlation between the two, and base Necrozma's feat doesn't really have a timeframe I believe.

Zygarde's performance seems inconsistent against Necrozma, given that Ultra could one-shot Complete with a single attack but then 50% can keep up despite being far weaker.
Complete one defeated Ultra tho

That, and if UBs are indeed equal to Dawn Wings, and 50% Zygarde is equal to UBs, and 50% Zygarde stomps Mega Mewtwo, then I don't see why Mega Mewtwo would be=Dawn Wings. Maybe it would be above Base Necrozma, but there's no correlation between the two, and base Necrozma's feat doesn't really have a timeframe I believe.
I completely forgot about this detail, but yeah, Mega Mewtwo would be between Dawn Wings Necrozma and Base Necrozma now.

Complete only won after Necrozma was unable to move, it had its stamina whittled away over the course of the fight, and after teaming up with the other Light Trio members, so I'm not sure how much of the scaling rests with Complete.

I'm also not sure how Mega Mewtwo would be above Base Necrozma, although there probably is something to confirm it.

Rest of the scaling I'm fine with though just in terms of the raw scaling chain portions, other than maybe emphasizing the gap between Mega Mewtwo and 50% Zygarde.

Does the absorbing all light thing have a timeframe.

Last edited:
Complete only won after Necrozma was unable to move, it had its stamina whittled away over the course of the fight, and after teaming up with the other Light Trio members, so I'm not sure how much of the scaling rests with Complete.
I remember that part, but would still be above tho, their help was pretty minor, given that Ultra could still fight pretty decently at the end.
I'm also not sure how Mega Mewtwo would be above Base Necrozma, although there probably is something to confirm it.
Tbh, I definitely can't see Base Necro being able to even fight against 50% Zygarde given who it fought, unlike Mewtwo who still managed to so such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back