• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mew and Mewtwo AP revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unite My Rice said:
>Zooms in a million times

>I think I see a nebula

God the reach......
Darkcolosseum2.jpg

Judging from stage data, the diameter of the entire stage Mewtwo created is 20 meters.

And how is it that literally only half of the sky is filled with space-like effects, and the rest is just dark? How does a nebula prove the "stars" are legit? For all we know they could be giant light bulbs like in the tournament of power..

Aight, enough. Don't pervert my revision thread. (Fate's good though because he's my brother from another mother)

I'm not. That's why I didn't say anything in regards to the Mew point. But the one in regards to "Mewtwo created a bunch of stars in that stage" is 100% false.

Edit: 'k, so it wasn't me, nevermind.

Speaking of the Mew stuff we need some translations and like actual scans of the event, as opposed to like a full volume of Japanese raws.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Speaking of the Mew stuff we need some translations and like actual scans of the event, as opposed to like a full volume of Japanese raws.
I'm pretty sure it's untranslated. I tried getting Executor here a while ago. I could try again.

Lmao. States a fictional opinion and I'm already attacked and strawmanned.

A) @FateAlbane you showed a scene where Gengar Spammed a move for 20 seconds that made it unseable so to for all we know those stars blended in with the blue aura in the back ground. Not to mention there were slight camera angle changes within those 20 seconds of footage which could be hiding behind the constructs Mewtwo made. Those scans presented are to vague to take objectively.

B) @fllflourine quote me where I said galaxy.

C) @Unite My Rice the nebula doesn't objectify the claim but does support it. Showcasing that a Mewtwo created spacial objects which hints at the idea of stars.

...lemme revise what I'm saying.

Unlike how the argument that separate media could be argued to either be a different universe in the multiverse or just out of the continuity together, this story has been shown to either be another universe, or side by side with the anime, but just in a different place, and strange to Ash and Misty.

Also, not entirely. For example, just because Pre Crisis in DC is an alternate universe doesn't make it non-canon.

Ryandswagger said:
A) @FateAlbane you showed a seven where Gengar Spammed a move for 20 seconds that made it unseable so to for all we know those stars blended in with the blue aura
Wow.

I'll give you a hint: Have you tried looking at the left? Actually, these assumptions are some godlike level of not looking at the video objectively. Take that headcanon away. You can see the globes going up and disappearing throughout the entire thing. Stars don't even blend with nebulae, the sky or whatever you want to asssume that is, like what?

"Unlike how the argument that separate media could be argued to either be a different universe in the multiverse or just out of the continuity together, this story has been shown to either be another universe, or side by side with the anime, but just in a different place, and strange to Ash and Misty."

Seeing as we don't really know the contents of the manga (since it's in Japanese) is what you're saying here based on assumption or fact?

"Also, not entirely. For example, just because Pre Crisis in DC is an alternate universe doesn't make it non-canon."

Okay, but you wouldn't use feats from let's say Flashpoint or any other alt-universe incarnation and just apply it to some other variant right?

A) Once again people don't know how to chill or take opinions. How sad.

You mean where there's a huge block of objects that Mewtwo made that could've covered the stars? Yea I've checked.

Once again another strawman. In that screenshot *you* sent I never claimed that to be a nebula. Whatever that "blue" aura was was also rising which would be covering the stars.

@Ryan That "people don't know how to chill" is quite the strawman/ad hominem. So by all means, drop that.

You checked how? Or do you think stars actually float up and then disappear over the course of a few seconds?

Also read the edits before claiming people are strawmanning.

It's pretty acceptable to scale from alternate timelines where it is literally the same characters but with diverging events being what separate them.

@AMM. That part was translated. The first two volumes I have read. Also, they don't have composite profiles.

This Mewtwo feat as a whole reminds me of when people thought Chakravartin was multi-galaxy, just because he was surrounded by mini galaxies.

@FateAlbane

A strawman is if I misrepresent your point and tackle the misrepresentation. Me saying that you need to chill is not a strawman. Neither is it a ad hominem for me to say that. As in order for it to be an ad hominem it would have to be me using what I said as proof of what you said was wrong. However that was never the case. You want proof? Check the vs battle wiki fallacy #1.

By idk looking at the screenshots you sent. The supposed "proof". Of course not. But that'd be assuming the stars moved at all. The very screenshots you sent showed the blue aura moving up and covering up the stars.

http://m.imgur.com/a/EaqD2

Maybe don't edit the comments. Lose liability if you claim it not to be a strawman.

@Ryan It is when you use it as a means to try and reduce the credibility of the point I made. Plus, nothing I said even slightly points to me being irritated, so yeah. Pretty sure I wasn't making that up.

And I've seen that page, thanks.

Yet again, look at the video. I've linked the particular points and said the marks you should be watching. You're basically making up some headcanon to pretend that the globes were covered up, which is not what happens. We see them going up and disappearing.

Once again, drop this headcanon.

I'll actually link that again, for the sake of (same) proof. There you go.

At the exact part. Look at the left. You can clearly see them going up and disappearing.

Also look at how many "stars" there at 1:13 ~ 1:14.

Look at how many are left at 1:30. None.

Globes of light. Stars don't float up and then disappear after a few seconds.

@Fate when did I reduce credibility? All I said is to chill. How does that equate to lowering credibility. If you chose to perceive it that way that's one but that's on you.

I mean you didn't know what ad hominem meant or misinterpreted what I said...

The part you linked showed Gengar using what I assume shadow punch for which just so happened to cover the exact spot where the star were making it impossible to track. If you want I can send screenshots but it's blatantly obvious that's all that happened within that time frame.

What headcannon am I presenting? I'm simply stating what's been shown. The evidence you've provided is not sufficient enough to prove wether or not they are stars.

@Ryan >> "You didn't know what ad hominem meant"

So this is what your arguments are devolving to.

"The part you linked showed Gengar using what I assume shadow punch for which just so happened to cover the exact spot where the star were making it impossible to track."

You can track the globes in the left throughout the entire thing. Look at the left side of the screen. Gengar doesn't cover anything there. Again, look at the left.

And your headcanon is that some unknown thing covered stars out of nowhere within a timeframe of less than 20 seconds. Which you have literally no means to prove in face of the evidence that they were moving up and disappearing by themselves. Stars don't work like that.

@Fate I mean that's only a fragment of my sentence. And that's me telling you what could've hapoened on why you thought I made a ad hominem which I didn't.

Yea but there's no notable difference. The only slight movements we see is Gengar using his attack which alters the camera angle a little bit. Enough to make it *seem* that the stars moved.

That's not head canon. I've already provided an imgur link showing the blue aura covering the exact location the stars were. Also, I never said the stars disappeared. Only that they got covered up by the aura which was already proven by the imgur link.

Yes I've heard of it but you're not applying it correctly to this scenario. I've already provided evidence for it being a star. None of the evidence has been correctly shot down. Until it is those are stars.

@Ryan No...?

The stars clearly changed position there then disappeared. That's why I'm saying your argument is basically headcanon at this point because we can see it and those things are definitely not stars as far as all the evidence provided goes.

If they were anything close to real stars they would be exactly where they were at first after those secs.

That even contradicts the stats of the character, which makes it worse and another point against those things being anywhere close to stars. Saying they are against all evidence is a gigantic stretching.

Your "evidence" for it being stars does not exist. It's a misinterpretation that you're making up by assuming a lot of unlikely things in Mewtwo's favor and against the obvious implications: For the last time, Stars do not behave like that. Stars do not "float" in the sky, and we see the globes floating, going up. Clearly.

Nor do stars disappear from the sky out of nowhere in a matter of seconds.

And if the video and all the evidence combined didn't convince you otherwise and you're still claiming they are stars based on a false logic, the two of us will be going in circles here. Therefore I'll wait for the input of others in regards to this.

Finally, you post still images and try to use that as an argument when we can clearly see the behavior not typical of stars when we are actually watching how things play out in the video playing.

In this case, your still scans are misinformation rather than proof.

For the last time: This is a moot point.

@Matt People, if I was upset, trust me and take Cal and Dragon's word on this: You would know. And it would be horrible for my image. And I would feel horrible later.

Jokes aside, sure thing.

Also my apologies if I somehow sounded condescending or anything of the sort in any of my above replies, as that was by no means my intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back