• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mew and Mewtwo AP revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some questions regarding the Shadow Mewtwo stuff.

What is that pulsating, cone thing in the background? Also, why is the stage diameter like 20 meters overall? Wouldn't that prove this dimension isn't that big and that whatever we see in the background is actually like an illusion akin to like some fancy fluorescent lights?

That is the diameter of the stage where you play, not the background of the stage. It's just like Dracula creating a dimension with a super-massive black hole sucking stars but him and Richter still fight in the ground.

I'm pretty sure the stage is the area.

The area is called "Dark Colosseum", stated to be a subspace rift as opposed to a full realm, and is described as "cold and inorganic".

I strongly doubt this leads to "Mewtwo also created a ton of stars and stuff". 20m is what you fight on, but I'm pretty sure that it's saying Mewtwo's area is this colosseum.

@Austrian-Man-Meat

They represent what measures the space surrounded by a barrier that is where fighters can move through, not the total size of the area itself.

The blue and orange arrows symbolize the fighters.

Ferrum

Sleep.png

Just watched the actual fight in the story.

I'm having an extremely hard time seeing this as anything but cool light effects, many of which are very prevalent above the battlefield. Especially since when Mewtwo flies straight up, he flies out of the rift and back into the regular world before he nukes you from space, which would call into question the rift being such massive size.

Frankly, we should focus more on Mew's feat in the shoujo manga anyway. That one's at least High 4-C. The context of it is that the heroine enters a hidden pocket realm home to Mew and Mewtwo, explicitly stated to be Mew's. (Got that from a summary. I can't read Japanese)

@Azzy. Unfortunately, no. Only raw scans. What I got from the summary is that it was thought o be some place on earth, but the heroine Amber finds out that Mew's place is a pocket dimension.

You kinda only have my word. I know it's not much to go by, but...

Also, would this upgrade their range to multi-universal?

Furthermore, Mew is a wish granter in that. Since Mewtwo is Mew's clone, Mewtwo's low level reality warping should be changed to no longer low level.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Honestly, I don't see a thing in all of those images apart from this one. And even then you can just argue it to be the result of some emanating light from those floating crystal things around it.
The other two images are to show nothing literally. It's to show he did create those stars and that they weren't there already.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Just watched the actual fight in the story.

I'm having an extremely hard time seeing this as anything but cool light effects, many of which are very prevalent above the battlefield. Especially since when Mewtwo flies straight up, he flies out of the rift and back into the regular world before he nukes you from space, which would call into question the rift being such massive size.
We need to note the ultimate move where Mewtwo nukes earth is a game mechanic scene. As in the move isn't meant for that one fight. In normal 1 v 1s you can use that Mewtwo and use that move.

The particles you see on :37 during the close up are not the same thing as the stars in the previous seconds. Those you can clearly see being created as the dimension is created.

@Matt If you look to the upper left you'll see that some of them are disappearing after floating for a bit around 2:34 to 2:37 . Real stars would be standing still and wouldn't be disappearing after floating up. And Mewtwo still hadn't made the world disappear at that point.

You know, being picky about "the stars dont look neccesarily like stars" is kinda weird. What do you need, a close up of the corona or something?

You can see the same thing happening if you keep looking at 1:20.

They keep floating up mid-battle in the background.

EDIT: From 1:13 forwards, actually.

The fact we can't clearly see the stars(which don't even look like stars like fate also punted out they are Morley Likely to be just floating orbs than actual stars.)

The simplest and most likely scenario is that these are just orbs of light or some type of luminescent shard (idk what it is but it's a orb of light none the less.)

It would be such forceful stretch to go out and still say it's stars.

Pause the video at the 1:13/1:14 mark. There are a bunch of "light globes/stars" in the back ground.

1globes
1:13 ~ 1:14

They'll keep floating up and disappearing mid battle until 1:30, where the same place they originally were looks like this:

2globes
1:30 Nothing.

So yeah, pretty sure they're light globes or something.

@Ryanswagger that looks nothing like A nebula in fact it looks exactly like the orbs fate has shown.

Again unless we see a perfectly clear star. We can't go by such a complex and stretched scenario verus the more simple and accurate of the two.

Forget screenshots, as Fate pointed out if you want to prove anything take them as gifs instead. Because I'm certain that they'll do things uncharacteristic of stars if you observe them close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back