• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mew and Mewtwo AP revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so we have Mew being revealed to be the guy who's making constellations in the sky. But, what game does he do this in? There are questions here regarding it being canonically dubious and that may put the feat in jeopardy.

"I do remember there being a point of contention with the Naruto translations, with some implying that Kaguya created the dimensions while others simply implied that she teleported them to pocket dimensions."

Why can't we assume Mew/two did the same? It seems a lot simpler than assuming they're suddenly displaying feats billions of times stronger than all their previous ones combined out of nowhere.

Because there's no statement or implication that they simply teleported, Josh. The reason for that in the Naruto manga was due to the translation, meanwhile all three feats here are explicitly creation feats.

@Matt

With that logic, wouldn't any canon character appearing outside its traditional source make the other source canon?

I didn't say that, UMR, what I am saying is that Pokémon Snap isn't as neglect-able as it is being implied here. Furthermore, the current discussion involves Composite keys for Mewtwo and Mew.

Going to point out that the Pokemon Snap feat isn't even a feat. Professor Oak states that the constellations are natural and can be seen over the island, and then says that Mew must have created the signs (which are the things you photograph in the courses, not the constellations) as a hint to its location.

So Pokemon Snap is out. What about Pokken and whatever the manga one is. Honestly, neutral overall, but we might as well analyze everything.

"Professor Oak states that the constellations are natural and can be seen over the island"

Oh right, I completely forgot about this too.

"I've noticed that the Signs are just like the six constellations that can be seen from Pokémon Island!"

I mistook this quote for Mew creating the six constellations when in actuality he's just responsible for making the signs which happen to resemble them.

Im neutral for now but I'm leaning more to agree with this.

And guys, for those claiming outlier due to the Pokemon that scale to Mewtwo, to be fair some of the mon have dimension creation feats of their own in other material, as well as others.

Zekrom and Reshiram seemingly have created dimensions in Pokepark 2 (and they are the only legendaries other than Darkrai, Victini, Tornados, Thundurus and Landorus that even exist in the game, so once again no Arceus n Creation Trio to take the credit).

Darkrai I dont even need to explain.

Cresselia goes with Darkrai

Deoxys created a dimension of its own in the anime.

Heck, remember when even 4-A Gardevoir, Gothitelle and Beheeyem used to be considered or a thing before? Even non-legendaries have gotten some of this cakes icing before.

ANND some should remember my post on Mewtwo stomping hundreds of Unown with a flick of its wrist...

So Mew/Mewtwo being given the same treatment isnt fatfetched.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Those are in Japanese, idk how anyone can infer any context from scans which are in a language they don't understand.
We should wait of Cal to explain. He's on vacation and so he's kinda lacking any permanent wifi and thus he only has a chance of getting on for like a few minute...if he gets a chance at that.

@Matthew

Agreed.

Matter of fact I believe I recall even a single Unown merging itself with the mind of a Larvatar, being able to warp and control everything inside.

Also to be perfectly honest, wouldn't all Darkrai in general have a sort of pocket world creating feat?

Dark Void slips the target into "a world of complete darkness", only possible through Dark Void and no other pokemon can use it but Darkrai. If taken more than a grain of salt can we do anything with this here too?

Hence why we have to analyze them, but it does show that Pokémon creating their own dimensions isn't uncommon so Mew and Mewtwo creating theirs isn't absurd.

What others?

Also, would even non legends like Gothitelle and Beheeyem having 4-A pocket realities sort of support this despite what was said before?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
What others?
Zekrom and Reshiram seemingly have created dimensions in Pokepark 2 (and they are the only legendaries other than Darkrai, Victini, Tornados, Thundurus and Landorus that even exist in the game, so once again no Arceus n Creation Trio to take the credit).

Darkrai I dont even need to explain.

Cresselia goes with Darkrai

Deoxys created a dimension of its own in the anime.

As far as Deoxys goes hes the only one who even has access to his dimension and iirc he created it the instant he left the meteroite he was born in.

And for Zekrom and Reshiram, theres no Arceus and Creation trio in Pokepark, theres only a limited number of legendaries and those 2 are refered to be the greatest of the bunch. Their dimensions are even of the elements they govern, fire and lightning. Im highly certain they are the only ones capable of creating it.

What others?
Also, would even non legends like Gothitelle and Beheeyem having 4-A pocket realities sort of support this despite what was said before?
Outliers as i completely disagree by having all third stages Pokémon at 4-A.

Oh no I'm not saying to make THEM 4-A. Most of us agree those 3 were outliers

I'm asking if their outlier feats would somewhat support the idea of Mew and Mewtwo being the same tier since, outlier or not, the idea of pokemon making pocket realities isnt farfetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back