• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

Samus basically has the Omega Suit now; it's SA-X merged with fusion suit and basically a composite version of Legendary Power Suit and Fusion Suit.

She'd pretty much be able to copy any type of technically or biology if she had all those powers of an X. What if it ends with her copying all the powers of the EMMI outright?

So question, why do we have godly regen on dark samus when it seems that she noped out of dark aether before she got erased as seen here

Yes, but those are the same particles we see her disperse into after she got beat, aka if she got erased along with dark aether not even those particles should of existed

@SomebodyData might no more details. But also, she can regenerate despite being almost completely destroyed by the Annihilator Beam or Sonic Boom; which the former is basically capable of deleting all matter.

I'm like 99% certain Dark Samus didn't escape, the dimension collapses literal seconds after she gets beat by Samus, and the only known exit she would of had time to escape through, is the exit Samus took, ie, would have literally seen her escape the collapse as well given we see the portal from exit till like, the planet itself blows up (As it shows a bunch of Ing trying to escape but failing).

So there's absolutely no way she wasn't still there when it collapsed, hell there may even be a line saying "after surviving the destruction of Dark Aether" somewhere but don't quote me on that 🤷‍♂️

ATTENTION FOR GAMESTOP BUYERS

If you didn't get the chance to buy the special edition / amiibo for Dread, you can still web-in-store purchase the special edition if you hurry. Just go to your GameStop and ask about the webinstore quantity. I got my preorders in my first try here in AZ, but it may vary for some.

Last edited:
That kinda reminds me. I've wanted to split the Samus profile up for a long time. Now that we have an entire other set of suits, shouldn't that be done?

Also kinda missed y'all's a discussion about Dark Samus. Dark Samus can create portals to escape but it's done through her arm cannon which she didn't have as particles.

Yeah, profiles for Zero Mission, Post Zero Mission, and Fusion Suit sound legit. The Non-Canon version also needs to be split especially.

Considering Aeion now regenerates over time instead requiring farming it from enemies, shouldn't that be changed on Samus' profile? I know Dread doesn't come out until October but I don't think that will change and is an important retcon, especially since Aeion is supposed to be exclusive to SR388.

Regeneration of Aeion will be on the list of abilities to add when the game comes out.

@Tarta Probably, I mean they gave that port treatment to most games that got a sequel with a previous game in the last generation or two. Like Bayonetta 1+2 for example.

@Accursed Yeah, what DDM said is correct. Plus we don't know the complete mechanics either- for all we know it could be Samus' Metroid DNA sucking life force around her to replenish it - or something new like that.

Does anyone know of a video/thread like this:

This video is wonky with research and overall ranking is vague. Says that Varia Suit Samus will be used but takes abilities from all over, as well as gear Samus gets after Gravity Suit like Plasma Beam. Treats the Prime 2 manga as valid research but treats Samus & Joey as non-canon (ugh). Believes that Samus' maximum range with the Plasma Beam is 3 - 10 meters and uses that to say her range overall is low. Has rankings in multiple categories and uses a 0-5 star system, but places Samus in country/continent level at the end. Granted, that's noticeably better than Death Battle despite the research used. Also, he put both Link and Mario in City Level for whatever reason.

Off topic, I made a gif that gets a good look at Samus' running animation in Dread:

Glad to know it's better than DB, but it's a shape she's still downplayed.

I'll begin crafting the draft for the Metroid Revisions prior to the release of Dread.

The first thing to discuss: how are we splitting the Samus profile?

I'm thinking about splitting it like this:

Samus Aran (Zero Mission): Post-Chozo Blood Infusion (Basically teenage Samus) | Zero Suit Samus | Power Suit | Varia Suit

Samus Aran (Legendary Suit): Legendary Power Suit | Legendary Varia Suit | Gravity Suit | Phazon Suit | Dark Suit | Light Suit | PED Suit

Samus Aran (Fusion Suit): Power Suit | Varia Suit | Gravity Suit | Unnamed Suit (We could also call it the Omega Suit as most fans do)

Samus Aran (Dread Suit): Power Suit | Varia Suit (More to be added once Dread releases).

I'm also thinking of splitting Ridley's profile since it's technically three Ridleys in one.

Ridley

Ridley (Other M)

Neo-Ridley

There's also going to be significantly more abilities/content added after the reorganization of the profiles.

Those look like nice suggestions; though the Other M Ridley iirc's name was "Little Birdy" or something.

I don't think it would go down well if we called the other m ridley page little birdy lol, though I guess we could put it to a vote.

The Massive Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Chrono Trigger downgrades + Massive Dragon Ball upgrades went well though.

Been a while since I’ve talked metroid. But shouldn’t the metroid resist the effects of Phazon since they don’t suffer the side effects of the radiation?

The Massive Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Chrono Trigger downgrades + Massive Dragon Ball upgrades went well though.
Pokemon and Kirby were both given massive upgrades and as the person responsible for the Chrono Trigger downgrades, they were literally just fixes of things that were years outdated, so idk what you're talking about

Well then.

Looks like NoA had messed up Fusion pretty badly when it came to its original translation, making certain plot elements entirely missing or inaccurate.

Such as the Bottleship being under the direct control of the GF, and not a state within a state. (Likely made out of the Pirate spies mentioned in the manga / Other M conspiracy I would assume).

So it seems outlaw Post-Fusion Samus is quite literally only an English idea.

For Other M Samus referred to the group in charge of the Bottle Ship as "The Ringleaders", and Adam explained that he received a report from GF HQ for a potential Metroid weapons program. Adam stated in the report why it shouldn't be done and that HQ listened, but a small group within the Federation co-opted Adam's report for their own purposes. That group could also be involved with the BSL somehow.

Besides, I always figured that Samus blowing up the BSL station and SR388 shouldn't be a reason to make Samus an outlaw since she destroyed a Metroid breeding program and the X, which are potentially worse than the Metroids. Samus could also just call in one of her tens of favors the Federation likely owes her since she's saved the universe several times. I know it's from the English translation, but during the end of Fusion after destroying the Omega Metroid Adam tells Samus "Do not worry. One of them will understand. One of them must." There should be a few people in the Federation that would side with Samus like Keaton and Admiral Dane.

@SomebodyData At some point after Metroid Dread comes out and we've beaten the game there ought to be some sort of "VS Battle Wiki Round Table" were we discuss the game. I know I'm going to want to talk to somebody about this, emphasis on talk assuming there isn't already some sort of Discord server about this.

emphasis on talk assuming there isn't already some sort of Discord server about this.
Maybe. Not too sure if one exist. I know about a Dragon Ball focused VSBW discord server and Sonic Scholars-focused Discord server but other discord servers (from my perspective) seems to grouped up a lot of different verses, which does benefit the less-active supported franchises.

One-Punch Man supporters use the general discussion thread very actively.

So Samus is a full on Metroid now instead of simply having some Metroid DNA, she has their absorbing powers and all that jazz

Back