• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the evidence of TTS being canon is just the voice lines, then that isn't particularly valid evidence. Redubbing something to make it fit better with the source material doesn't make something like DBZ Kai secondary canon.

Personally speaking I'm fine with TTS being used as supporting evidence. My only real issue with MG ratings are the Class M and Hypersonic railgun scaling.

The miniaturized one's justification for 100 km/s is rather weak/nonsensical

He said that wasn't the case, and I corrected him. Besides, the debate's been had already, both sides' points have been laid out over and over and over.

I had an epiphany last night in regards to Twin Snakes, it probably doesn't change much, but at least in regards to Mantis, a lot of the shit Mantis does in Twin Snakes was adopted and put in MGSV, because some of that shit he did in V came from Twin Snakes, not the original.
(If I recall like his phasing and fire based illusions).

I mean, there's not even a need to go with that, here's a pic from a convention given after the release of AC!D 2 with Kojima, where this map equates MGS1 to Twin Snakes canonically speaking (note that the non-canon games are in the left-hand corner), this also invalidates every counter argument that boils down to "he doesn't mention it", because right here you see that it's canonically treated as a parallel to MGS1, so when Kojima mentions MG1, it implicitely includes TTS. Also, here's a pic from the MGS5 official guidebook, where Liquid is presented with his TTS appearance; in this interview, Kojima underlines how much he personally approved of the direction of the game, goig so far as to say that he trusts the fight choreographer so much that he would let him do whatever he wanted and give him a thumbs up.

Last edited:
If it showing up in MGS4 is a direct statement that it's canon, then it not showing up in GZ is a direct statement that it isn't.

And ******' fine we can do it on any threat you want, I don't care, make it right now, or if you prefer I will.
Ports Ops doesnt either. And Kojima has gone on record saying that's canon and integral, and is even referenced in Peace Walker.
You're confusing Kojima directed with canon. Rising isnt Kojima directed and in GZ either, but Kojima has said it's canon for now too.

We dropped it? Gotcha.

Last edited:
Again; what exactly is the debate here regarding the non Class M stuff?

Well three major reasons
  • Something being a miniaturized version of another is not evidence that it shoots projectiles at the same speed
  • The linked quote used for evidence gives the exact power of the gun. 10 megajoules. Plugging that into a KE calculator means that in order for the projectile to both move at 100 km/s and hit with 10 megajoules of force it would need to weigh 0.02 grams. Which isn't possible.
  • It's only listed as ultrasonic in the game. Though I guess that may just be bad knowledge on Kojima's part
Its needs a speed recalc. If we find projectile mass it's actually really easy to find speed.

Again; what exactly is the debate here regarding the non Class M stuff?
A lot of things. We were almost done too, only a few more things needed some debate, but at least two has already been resolved, likely three so there's only a few minor things. But then sudden derailment and it's far to late to go back now.

The linked quote used for evidence gives the exact power of the gun. 10 megajoules. Plugging that into a KE calculator means that in order for the projectile to both

That's for the PW railgun, about 40-50 years prior to the railgun Snake dodged. Snake's dodge comes from a railgun like, two upgrades above that at least.

Last edited:
That's uh, still not the MGS4 Railgun, that's the MGS2 Railgun. (Also odd, there's two results from that, that's some conflicting info).

I'll just kinda list the LS stuff we found, there are still some things to add and hone, but here it is

-Big Boss halts and overpowers Cocoon
-Big Boss halts and overpowers ZEKE's foot
-The Man on Fire tosses multiple fire-trucks several hundred feet in the air (likely not Class M, but almost surely around Class K, and performed casually)
-Gray Fox halts REX' foot, Snake scales for very obvious reasons
- I don't actually have footage of this (I've been looking for days but I can't find a video) but according to the MGS Wiki, Snake can apparently halt Peace Walker's attempt to crush him, among the "custom" voiceclips, you can see that there's: "It can't be! (when crush the player and it's stopped)"
-Kid Psycho Mantis casually lifts and drags Sahelanthropus for several hours straight, Snake scales due to this

That's uh, still not the MGS4 Railgun, that's the MGS2 Railgun
Yeah I confused who Fortuna was. Still the railgun used for the calcs isn't 100 km/s. The bullet block also has issues considering Raiden can't keep it up even against one shooter.

The bullet block also has issues considering Raiden can't keep it up even against one shooter.

What? Raiden actually does dodge a shot from her too? I don't know what you're talking about.

What? Raiden actually does dodge a shot from her too? I don't know what you're talking about.
I think he's refering to the bullet calc, the High Hypersonic one, but I don't know what he's talking about, Raiden can cut as many bullets as you want non-stop

That's true, he can cut and slice as many bullets as he wants.
He's only hit if he isnt facing them, which is like, yeah?

I thought the ability had a time limit to it. Am I remembering that wrong? If so then my mistake.

I thought the ability had a time limit to it. Am I remembering that wrong? If so then my mistake.
No. Just hold the button and as long as he's not facing the wrong way, he'll deflect. (That or the time limit is super long as **** to the point it doesnt even matter).

It would be nice to actually hear from the opposition again, since some of their most prominent arguments (all of the feats coming from PW, those being the only feats of that magnitude in the verse) aren't even valid anymore

Last edited:
I'm gonna be busy till like 5/6, just checking in on a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back