• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meliodas vs Acnologia

Can Acnologia eat Mel's demon form? i mean to all the "black" that around him when he use that mod

I vote for Acno due to bigger experience and magic absorbtion. Even though Meliodas does use his sword, his best attack should be the dark matter attack that he used against kingdom dafanor, and Acno can eat it. Plus Acno can likely be higher than 6-C, since he is "at least 6-C".

Captain Torch said:
I vote for Acno due to bigger experience and magic absorbtion. Even though Meliodas does use his sword, his best attack should be the dark matter attack that he used against kingdom dafanor, and Acno can eat it. Plus Acno can likely be higher than 6-C, since he is "at least 6-C".

No. Experience wise Mel outclasses Acno. And they are both the same tier. So Acno doesn't have an ap or durability advantage. I'm voting for Mel via Full Counter, Revenge Counter, experience and clones. I also have doubts about him eating Mels Black Matter

How does Mel's experience outlclass Acno's experience? Acno has been around for at least 400 years.

And about AP or durability advantage, yea you're right. I never said that Acno has an advantage there. I said it's possible for him to be stronger in that form because of the "at least" but it won't affect the match either way.

And why wouldn't he be able to eat Mel's Dark Matter? I understand that Acno eating everything is a NLF, but eating direct attacks is something he has shown to do, and should be capable of.

Meliodas has been fighting for 3000+ years, he should have the experience advantage.

Meliodas' current base form is as strong as Estarossa who is at least 6-C, Demon Mark would make him even stronger.

Meliodas has been around for 3000 years or so. And he has more experience fighting against characters on his level or characters that give him sufficient amount of trouble. Acnologia mostly goes around bullying other mages easily due to the large discrepancy in strength. So, Meliodas has the advantage here.

Acnologia seems to be baseline Island level. I've heard that the NNT guys at Island level are comfortably in that tier. So Meliodas might actually have the advantage in AP and durability. Also, isn't Current Meliodas much stronger than his previous state?

Experience mean nothing,seriously this is a terrible way to compare characters,Mel lost to Guila(16) hendrickson(39) and Escanor who 40 year old and stronger or at least comparable to Mel. Acnologia lost to 16 year old teenager and same thing about Zeref.

The only thing that metter is feats and power,not experience

@Burning I was under the impression that Acnologia was higher than baseline, but ok.

Current Meliodas has a power level of 60K in base, same as Estarossa. His Demon Mark of course boosts him higher.

I didn't see any calculation in his profile. Hold on, let me check Irene's. He's superior to Irene who's baseline Island level.

Oh, I thought he lived 3000 years and lost his memories or something. Gotta check NNT out.

I still think that Acno can absorb that "Black Matter" though. Nothing indicates that he can't.

Also, realistically Acno in human form should be at least as strong as base Zeref. Granted, there was nothing said about that so I guess he can't really scale to that.

Currently he scales to August, who is also "at least 6-C". So Acno should be above baseline island level.

Meliodas is 43 gigatons or so. That's like, 10 times higher than baseline Island level, I think. August is Island level because he should be comparable to Irene who's baseline Island level for being superior to her base form. Current Base Meliodas is superior to his state that has that feat, and his demon mark amplifies his power further. I'd say Meliodas holds a comfortable advantage in terms of AP and durability, and he has Regenerationn + the ability to reattach limbs.

Meliodas shouls win due to fullcounter hax. Even if acno deals damage revenge counter can come into play.

Counting votes now

Meliodas: 2 (Aizen, Knight)

Acnologia: 1 (Captain Torch)

Inconclusive: 0

Let me know if I missed anyone

@Lorenzo Can you least give some reasoning? I need that to count your vote properly.

Also rip @Delta

Meliodas: 3 (Aizen, Knight, Delta)

well, meliodas experience>>>> acnologias, so anything that isn't attack power related (if acnologia tries any tricks, or traps, or fakes, meliodas won be caught in them), he wont have a chance, but that's good for him, since that is acnologia's expertise. now, we don't have full, all out attacks form either, yet, so I cant say who wins in a durability/power match (how they will attack each other, then how they will tank it, or basically, what they will do against said attack). their brute strength in kinda equal, but acnologia's current forms are just mismatches, imo, strength-wise. they both can fly, and sure, acnologia's flight speed is easily higher than meliodas', but meliodas beats in the other speed categories (how fast they dodge, attack, react, etc). pretty even match, but if they were to fight 100 times, meliodas beats him 50+. get it?

Adding Burning because apparently, I'm a dumbass rip. I'm also voting for Meliodas for the reasons highlighted by myself and others above.

Meliodas: 5 (Aizen, Knight, Delta, Burning, Galaxian)

Really full counter and revenge counter giving the win to Meliodas against a person that absorbs magic? Also Acnologia is 2-3 times faster.

Also since full counter and vanish counter are more powerful than the original attack it automatically emans that is no longer Acnologia's magic.

So, Acnologia can use every type of magic he absorbed then...

Also, Acnologia said he mastered dragon slayer magic and in fact is the only dragon slayer able to eat anyone's magic and I don't see why his own shouldn't be included as he already surpassed the other dragon slayers in abilty to absorb other magic rather than magic of other slayers.

Also full counter and revenge counter make the attack more powerful than the original so that is automatically no longer Acnologia's own magic, but an addition of Meliodas's magic as well.

^It also means acnologia cant absorb it because NLF.

Also speed is equalised. And FullCounter is not a magic attack. Its a technique. Acnologia can only absorb your generic magic blast and stuff.

@Aizen so the attacks is twice as powerful out of nowhere? It's obviously a technique used via magic same like revenge counter cause remmeber that Meliodas convertes all the damage he gets into his revenge counter which included 50 punches from Derier as she did most of the damage so again it's magic, Meliodas's own magic.

Uh I don't really care about this fight but the point that was made that the reflection of Acnologia's attacks would damage him is kinda wrong. Natsu and Silver both take their own Magic to the face (Natsu takes it at double the power) but remain unhurt Silver even addresses the apparent weakness of their magic and notes that whilst they can't eat their own Magic they are still resistant

Theres a difference between a technique that uses/used magic and a attack that uses magic. The former means that no magic is neccessary or present after the technique while the latter is still a mass of magical energy.

Its like saying Acnologia can eat/absorb erzas swords, she summoned them using magic so why not right?

And even so it's NLF to say he could do so even assuming he could. Which he can't.

@Aizen I don't understand your first reasoning because it anyway means that ones the attack is redirect with twice of strength someone else magic was added in it cause it doesn't become more powerful out of nowhere also as David said Slayers are highly resistant on their own magic attacks with even likes of Natsu and Silver being absolutely not affected by their attacks being redirected at them where Natsu even literally hit himself with a punch.

And how is it the same with Erza's swords she doesn't generate any magic because those swords were simply summoned, but they are real life swords not magical while his technique still requires him to have magic to make a magical attack twice of strength.

Also, if his magic is redirected and we say he can't absorb it why would he keep using magic.

Again reasoning that Meliodas wins trough attack reflection is funny cause it's obvious Acnologia won't use his magical attack if they don't work.

P.S just to give a legit reason as no one seems to have done it so far.

Magic in this battle is irrelavant as Acnologia won't use magical attack the moment he sees Meliodas can reflect them so this is a phisiclal brawl where Meliodas's regen and two hands gives him the victory as Acnologia has only one hand and Meliodas can regenarate from almost anything Acnologia does to him in phisical brawl.

What's this, another person got missed rip.

Meliodas: 6 (Aizen, Knight, Delta, Burning, Galaxian, Lorenzo)

@William Am I correct in assuming that you are voting for Acnologia or not yet?

^Read my post I voted for Meliodas as its an obvious win for him i simply argued full counter and revenge counter argument as its ridiculous to say Acnologia would spam magical attacks even thou Meliodas will just keep reflecting them and revenge counter won't work cause Acnologia absorbs it.

Back