• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meliodas may need an update on his page due to the recent chapter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoilers for Nanatsu no Taizai 172

I believe Meliodas received some potentially good feats that will solidify his AP/Durability and speed while in demon form.

First, we'd need someone who can do a size scaling of the landscape via previous chapters... but these scans might help start finding the size if anyways wants to measure it: http://www.***********.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/155/4 , http://www.***********.net/nanatsu-no-taizai/155/6

For his Durability and Attack Potency

He tanked a blast from the first fairy king that did this: http://readms.com/r/the_seven_deadly_sins/172/3376/7 , http://readms.com/r/the_seven_deadly_sins/172/3376/8

For his travel speed

He traveled the distance from which he was after the explosion to the first fairy king's location in between 2 or 3 seconds: http://readms.com/r/the_seven_deadly_sins/172/3376/11

Via scaling to Critical Over Galan, those two commandments should also be High 7-A (or even higher if the explosion via fairy carries over a few gigatons of force). Meliodas defeated one of them with a single punch: http://readms.com/r/the_seven_deadly_sins/172/3376/14

Meliodas in Demon form should be listed as "At least 6-C" for the time being either way.

It doesn't scale to base Galan. It scales to CO Galan.

The maze was only a couple miles long so crossing it in a few seconds isn't an amazing feat. Something like mach 10-20.

As for the explosion, it may come out nice but nothing at Island level. It would be a decent bit feat I think.

You should probably make a content revision thread if you want to start the NNT process. Raven and I will probably support it, unless someone shows something is wrong that we didn't notice with the EQ calc.

I think that if their AP is increased to Island, their durability should stay Mountain+~Small Island due to Meliodas being fully capable of dominating them with single blows.

Briefly, but the fairy king is capable of Regenerationn. He brought Dolor back to full health, but both were still immediately defeated by Meliodas.

Still, Meliodas casually sliced apart an injured Dolar's arms off (two at a time each with one slash) and then proceeded to destroy him after being healed.

Ehh, he was clearly very injured. Consider Galan for example. Meliodas messed him up pretty bad but he couldn't deal injuries to Galan like he did to Dolor in such a short timespan.

@Alakabamm Well, if you accept Dooyo's linked calculation, then I have no problem with it. However, should we go by the high or low end off the feat?

It also might be best of some other calculation group members took a look st it as well.

Yea, that's why I thought a content revision thread was sort of necessary.

The higher end would be used because it is more canon. The two scalings are because the author apparently messed up when he assigned distances on a canon map and for a manga statement about distance between two cities.

Okay then. I think that we can probably use this as a content revision thread though.

@Alakabam - it was base Meliodas that did that to Galan. He did it within the course of 10 seconds as well. Galan's face remained damaged for a long while.

So, will somebody ask some of the other calculation group members if they accept this?

Well, I am pretty sure Raven and I are fine with it since we were both involved somewhat. As for calc group members, I posted on DTs wall and I will post on Illuminati's wall for now.

You can check with the two new members as well.

CO Galan, Dolor, Gloxinia, Estarossa, Zeldris, Meliodas (his durability) and Escanor (durability and "at least") for now.

Yep, but this island level feat comes from a weakened Dolor and was taken by Meliodas easy, plus the calc itself is only a measurement of the effects so it is an "at least" situation. Same level, but it is now an implication of "this is the minimum"

Hmm, I don't know our policy on that, because he was only shown wrecking lower tier characters so far. We might want to wait until his sub-arc pops up.

So about the calc posted in the first comment:

The results seems to be fine. It matches what I get using a calculator for the earthquake strength distance relation.

I am unsure about taking the "Total "Seismic Moment Energy"" Value of teh calculator though. As it mentions it is the total released energy of such an earthquake. The thing is that a lot of that energy is lost not as earthquakes, but for fracturing the earth and producing great heat. (as the calculator mentions)

Since this earthquakes aren't produced through moving continental plates I would believe the energy loss here is lower than that of a natural earthquake.

So taking the "Seismic Energy in Waves Radiated from Earthquake Source" energy for those is probably the better idea (it is also what we used for the whitebeard feat we use here).

23.5 GT finnaly get accepted in NF, and Mel's durability and AP should be island level, no mountain since he tanked that feat without problem.

All the pages from the 10C ( critical over Galan, no base Galan ) + Escanor should be upgraded already, at that level.

Well, this is a feat from an explosion technically and I think explosions do actually cause earthquakes.

http://www2.usgs.gov/faq/node/3339

It may be possible that the energy for fracture of the plates can be counted if that is considered.

However, if Whitebeard's feat only uses that energy on here, then I am not sure...

Explosions do cause earthquakes, but what we talk about is basically how much energy is wasted because its not converted into shaking. I would imagine that it is bigger for continental plates moving, then for an explosion.

That said from the manga panel, wasn't it caused by the stones crushing down?

In that case there is an easy and good approximating method.

This calculator (you can also read the paper on how it works) estimates meteor impacts. When you input values one thing it calculates are the seismic effects of the impact. Basically just play around with the values and find the minimum value for which at the distance you have (input as distance from inpact) you get the effects you want (IV on the Mercalli scale) and use the energy of the meteor you have input values for.

That calculator is also an easy method to relate felt earthquakes and richter scale magnitude like that, just that if its not by meteor impact (or similar) you have to convert richter scale to energy instead (for which I would only use practical wave energy as said).

I'm a little hesistant to use that as well, just because the equation it uses to calculate that is this:

M = 0.67log10E - 5.87, where E is joules

Which means we are effectively not considering distance from epicenter at all and just going off assumptions of magnitude.

That is the formula through which they relate the energy of the meteor to the energy that the earthquake has in the end.

Formula 41 a-c are used for the relation with distance and they actually have distance in them (as r_km)

Given that the whole thing is made by people from imperial collegue london and some other people from different universitys (one involved is for example Dr. Gareth Collins, who belongs to the Department of Earth Science & Engineering and seemingly got his PHD with the subject "Numerical Modelling of Large Impact Crater Collapse" another on is Melosh) I would believe that the formulas and research that are described there is very well researched and thought through, likely better than anything one can achieve just through researching through the internet oneself.

Hmm, yes, I wasn't disputing the scientific merit but rather the usage of the formula itself if there wasn't a distance involved.

But there does appear to be a measure of distance involves, which I missed.

It appears that the calculation that is linked actually went ahead and found a different magnitude for each scaling...the 4.5 magnitude appears to have been just used to find amplitude of the wave, as in GM's calc. I am unsure of your opinion on this method.

If we use scaling two:

M(eff) = 7.268 - 0.0048(167.336) - 1.1644 = 5.3003872

E = 10^(3(5.300+5.87)/2) = 5.696 x 10^16 Joules = City level

Hmm, so it would just be a bit feat then.

Well, I believe the method used there works best for that kind of feat, even though I get a bit of a different result:

I formed to:

10^((4+5.87+0.0048*84.6+1.1644)/0.67)

assuming mercalli scale magnitude IV low end of richter scale magnitude 4 and get 1.19e17 J from that.

Ahhh... I think I know why, you insterted the magnitude from the calc directly and than did something. I just used the distance from the calc (84.6 km) and magnitude 4 Meff approximates to per mercalli scale. I think that is how the formulas should be used?

Using 167.3 km I get 4.65e17 than.

Hmm, its because I think M(eff) from equations 41 a-c are actually the same as M from equation 39, given that their definition is about the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back