• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU tiers scaling around Thanos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanos is barely baseline? Why would Iron Man scale to his level, when there's not a single instance Iron Man fully tanks a hit from Thanos. And I still don't see why Iron Man should scale to an attack that blew off most of him.
Thanos no I am talking about iron man's dura(since you keep insisting Tony shouldn't scale to Thanos ap completely) and none of Thanos strikes before the power stone amped punch broke Tony's armour seriously

Anyway I don't care enough about MCU enough to waste my time arguing here but Tony has clearly tanked multiple 6-C hits from Thanos and also from Thor's hammer and something will only weaken the more you hit it especially since the power stone amped hit is probably way above 6-C easily

It does not have much to do with the last thing that was spoken here but they are derivatives of the thanos scale, so ...

1. Where does “Should not be much behind Hulkbuster Mark I” come from in War Machine's mark 7, on what do we base ourselves to even say that it is possible? (I haven't seen endgame in a long time, so maybe I just forgot)
2. Why does Ebony Maw have a solid AP with telekinesis if in the same justification gives reasons to question that it is a legitimate feat?

It does not have much to do with the last thing that was spoken here but they are derivatives of the thanos scale, so ...

1. Where does “Should not be much behind Hulkbuster Mark I” come from in War Machine's mark 7, on what do we base ourselves to even say that it is possible? (I haven't seen endgame in a long time, so maybe I just forgot)
2. Why does Ebony Maw have a solid AP with telekinesis if in the same justification gives reasons to question that it is a legitimate feat?
I agree with the first part totally. I dunno about the second

I agree with the first part totally. I dunno about the second
About the second:
this is his tier:
9-B physically. High 7-A with Telekinesis
this is his attack power:
Wall level physically (Should be comparable to Doctor Strange). Large Mountain Level + with Telekinesis (Casually restrained Thor, although by this point Thor was already badly beaten by Thanos.)

The problem I have with the Ap is for "although by this point Thor was already badly beaten by Thanos."
I think it should at least go to "possibly" or "likely".

Warmachine Mark 7 is his latest and much more recent suit than the hulkbuster MK1 and these suits scale up over time so that's why his profile is listed like that, it's the same with Spider-Man's Iron Spider suit since it's more a prominent, advanced, and much later suit than the initial building level one's that are produced

Yeah I think it should be LS and he gets put at Unknown
Also maw does have ap that's not just throwing things around with telekinesis, he should keep his Wall level physical AP but lifting strength should be updated and he should lose mountain level ap

Maw is also able to casually cleave a car in half with his abilities at 1:20

He's also only grazed by his own attack which can splinter a car and is still alive seconds after when he launches concrete spikes at strange

Last edited:
The amor can tank the combined energy of several of it's missiles redirected at it by Thanos and got back relatively quickly, so bleeding edge should have it's durability at least above its attack potency.

This is further semented by the arguments brought before, yeah Thanos destroys the suit but that is after it took such long amount of punishment through out the battle of titan.

Have any constructive conclusions been made here, or should we keep the statistics as they are?

All island level characters remain as such

Dr Strange will have upgraded 6-C shields for being able to take hits from Thanos (punches and such)

Hulk will be downgraded to 7-C

Ebony Maw should lose mountain level ap and his feat for restraining thor with telekinesis should move to LS however since Maw's able to cleave cars in half and shred through them with his attacks so his ap shouldn't be unknown and should scale to those feats

Other than that the only contention would be iron man's dura scaling and everything is ago though it seems the more people disagree with 6-C Iron Man dura

Last edited:
The only real evidence I can find that could support support Hulk keeping his High 7-A tier is the fact that Banner, while in the Hulkbuster 2.0, spent most of his fight with Cull Obsidian trying to become the Hulk and acting like that would be his best chance of winning, which wouldn't make much sense if Hulk was significantly weaker than Cull or the Hulkbuster 2.0. Otherwise, Post-Sakaar Hulk really doesn't have any impressive direct showings against High 7-A/6-C characters, considering Awakened Thor, Surtur and Thanos were all capable of overpowering him without much issue. So a downgrade would line up with his more consistent showings.

Maybe we could use "At least High 7-C, possibly High 7-A" for the Hulk then, as a safety precaution?

Last edited:
Well, from what I recall, the writers also stated that the Hulk was comparable to Thanos in raw power, but had far less skill, as the latter is a space Attila, or somesuch.

Also, the Hulk was supposedly the one best suited for enduring using the Infinity Gauntlet, due to having the strongest physique.

Well, from what I recall, the writers also stated that the Hulk was comparable to Thanos in raw power, but had far less skill, as the latter is a space Attila, or somesuch.
We talked about that earlier, and that is kinda contradicted in the actual film itself

Also, the Hulk was supposedly the one best suited for enduring using the Infinity Gauntlet, due to having the strongest physique.
I though it was because of his resistance to radiation.

As far as I have understood, the more raw physical power somebody has, the more they can endure using the Gauntlet.

Also, I don't see how the Hulk surviving Thanos' full force blows and staggering the latter before that contradicts what the writers clarified.

Also, I don't see how the Hulk surviving Thanos' full force blows and staggering the latter before that contradicts what the writers clarified.
Thanos is implied to have gone easy on Hulk and was toying with him the entire time, and seeing how Thanos pretty much didn't take any damage from Hulk's blows, staggering him was the best he could do.

Ebony Maw even said to Cull: "Let him have his fun" implying Hulk isn't a threat to Thanos in anyway.

As far as I have understood, the more raw physical power somebody has, the more they can endure using the Gauntlet.
This is true, what Emrip is saying is that they made it a point to say Hulk specifically would be able resist it more of the gauntlet due to the fact that it emits gamma radiation which he can handle better than anyone.

Hmm. I am uncertain. I still think that the combination of everything that we know warrant an "At least High 7-C, possibly/at most High 7-A" tier.

what contradicts the = in power but not as skilled argument?
Hulk literally never harms Thanos other than staggering but Thanos easily overpowers hulk in a couple of seconds.

Hulk is also much weaker than awakened Thor, who is weaker than Thanos. It wouldn't make sense if Thanos and Hulk were equal an dthen Thor is > Hulk.

So "At least High 7-C, at most High 7-A" then? That shows that the Hulk is most likely somewhere in-between those tiers.

I'd say at most and use the fact that he staggered thanos and downscales from awakened thor as his justifications, you could also add that banner thought that Hulk would be enough to take out Cull Obsidian

All island level characters remain as such

Dr Strange will have upgraded 6-C shields for being able to take hits from Thanos (punches and such)
Thanos destroyed his shield with a single kick, (and his sword was grabbed Thanos aswell from the edge too).

It should not be 6-C by any means.

Thanos destroyed his shield with a single kick, (and his sword was grabbed Thanos aswell from the edge too).

It should not be 6-C by any means.
No one's scaling his attacks and strange hasn't been damaged by Thanos's physical attacks with his shields even if it last through one shot they've still been able to protect him from punches and kicks consistently. We've went over the scenes and that was our conclusions.

Protecting him from his attack doesnt change the fact that his shield got broken with a single attack.

I was not part of the convo and your conclusions are flawed.

Last edited:
Newendigo makes sense to me.

Anyway, is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here?

The only thing changing here afaik that has been agreed upon is Hulk should be downgraded to "At least High 7-C, At most High 7-A".

No further input has happened on Iron Man's durability. I think we were gonna give the time stone 2-C range for affecting Dormammu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back