• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU tiers scaling around Thanos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I think the space stone can be calculated as well. The power stone stripped the moon, but the space stone threw the entire surface of the moon. I'll look into it.

Thanos could not escape any of Strange's magic without using the power stone
None of Strange's magical attacks on Thanos were really AP based. Most of them were hax or only scales to lifting strength.

Shields are a basic ability that all sorcerers know. Strange's magical offense have better feats than his defense, not to say it is weak, but just has stronger feats.
If you can show that they can break each other's shields sure. Scaling would make sense then.

Then wouldn't all the other stones have the same range as well?
No, because only some stones show the ability to effect things on that scale. The time stone having universal range is also questionable for the reasons I mentioned.

Also I think the space stone can be calculated as well. The power stone stripped the moon, but the space stone threw the entire surface of the moon. I'll look into it.
The calc is based entirely off of the space stone throwing chunks of the moon at Titan

But since we're on the topic of Thanos scaling, why us Hulk stated as equal to Thanos in AP? Yet he's listed as High 7-A. This is even weirder considering Iron Man did more damage to Thanos than Hulk did, yet Iron Man himself isn't 6-C. I'd say the WoG that States Hulk = Thanos is strength should be removed as it's pretty contradictory to what we see in the film
Also bumping this part

Regardless of anything we know the surge from the complete infinity gauntlet and snap is 5Gigatons
But then Thor is able to harm Hulk...
Oof you're right and then more people will scale to that too and it becomes a mess

They should just stay where they are, they're all clearly weaker than Thanos and there's only so long Iron Man could withstand Thanos' blows before getting torn apart and hulk got pretty much bodied by a casual Thanos.

They should just stay where they are, they're all clearly weaker than Thanos and there's only so long Iron Man could withstand Thanos' blows before getting torn apart and hulk got pretty much bodied by a casual Thanos.
Yeah and also realized even with the gauntlet unlike thanos hulk kinda got immediately clapped by it and was knocked out with heavy damage literally the same as when thanos has knocked out the other 7-A's so yeah I supposed he wouldn't scale

Hulk's justifications both have issues

Last edited:
Tho I feel like Giant Man should be placed in 6-C or be given At least High 7-A but let's not get into that

But since we're on the topic of Thanos scaling, why us Hulk stated as equal to Thanos in AP? Yet he's listed as High 7-A. This is even weirder considering Iron Man did more damage to Thanos than Hulk did, yet Iron Man himself isn't 6-C. I'd say the WoG that States Hulk = Thanos is strength should be removed as it's pretty contradictory to what we see in the film
It's all going back to this really, Iron-Man Dura scales better and hulk needs justifications removed

So back to High 7-C?
Basically
I know Hulk was mentioned to have trained for two years; presumably growing stronger and the Atom bomb statement surely implies 7-B so we could have Ragnarok Hulk as a separate key still (but tbh we can probably just merge the keys)

It also helps remove outliers since we could just have Cull at High 7-C, which should smoothen things out with Giant Man (since he wouldn't scale to the top tiers anymore)

The only thing with cull is that he's fought bleeding edge iron man even if Iron-Man was more causal there

I know Hulk was mentioned to have trained for two years; presumably growing stronger and the Atom bomb statement surely implies 7-B so we could have Ragnarok Hulk as a separate key still (but tbh we can probably just merge the keys)
Isn't an Atom Bomb 7-C?

It also helps remove outliers since we could just have Cull at High 7-C, which should smoothen things out with Giant Man (since he wouldn't scale to the top tiers anymore)
Cull is High 7-A for being to overpower Iron Man twice, I'm not sure what contradicts it. Albeit the second time Iron Man was distracted

Basically

Giant man also one shots cull whose fought iron man so there's no reason not to scale, the simplest things would be a justification change for Hulk

Isn't an Atom Bomb 7-C?
Shit in that case it probably would need to be merged
A moment of silence for Hulk's credibility
Cull is High 7-A for being to overpower Iron Man twice, I'm not sure what contradicts it. Albeit the second time Iron Man was distracted
Huh I forgot we upgraded him back up to Top Tier
Giant man also one shots cull whose fought iron man so there's no reason not to scale, the simplest things would be a justification change for Hulk
Wait isn't Giant-Man already High 7-A in Endgame?
This just solidifies the scaling

Last edited:
Hellbeast please explain your stance on Cull because I'm confused you said we should have him at 7-C and that that would fix Giant man, we explained why Cull's scaling is fine and why giant man scales to him and that was that so I guess elaborate on why you think that would fix things having 7-C cull I'm just confused about that is all

Hellbeast please explain your stance on Cull because I'm confused you said we should have him at 7-C and that that would fix Giant man, we explained why Cull's scaling is fine and why giant man scales to him and that was that so I guess elaborate on why you think that would fix things having 7-C cull I'm just confused about that is all
I didn't realize Cull was put back to High 7-A lol, so I thought this would mean he goes back to 7-C for the upgraded Hulkbuster (brainfart)
Misreading of this; which was replying to my statement about Cull (I'm tired)

The only one that's supposedly getting downgraded is Hulk, as he has no reason to scale to High 7-A

I didn't realize Cull was put back to High 7-A lol, so I thought this would mean he goes back to 7-C for the upgraded Hulkbuster (brainfart)

Misreading of this; which was replying to my statement about Cull (I'm tired)
Ooh okay and it's fine that's perfectly understandable
The only one that's supposedly getting downgraded is Hulk, as he has no reason to scale to High 7-A
Yeah I'm okay with this but are we still set for the Dr. strange shield upgrades and Iron man dura upgrades

Tony tanked hits from power stone amped Thanos(which is higher than his regular ap) and from Thor's hammer in endgame (again the armour was completely unharmed Tony was only knocked out because of lighting) so he does have 6-C dura feats
I believe this was the arguement for Iron man there are a few feats here so what about these did u disagree with

Iron Man didn't tank Thanos punching him with the power ston, it actually blew off a chucnk of his armor. Thor's hammer was strong enough to temporarily get incapacitate. And other than that, he's shown to get clapped by Thanos pretty easily, with Thanos being able to casually tear off his helmet, blow bits of his armor. And even overpower the Mark 85 casually in Endgame

Iron Man didn't tank Thanos punching him with the power ston, it actually blew off a chucnk of his armor. Thor's hammer was strong enough to temporarily get incapacitate. And other than that, he's shown to get clapped by Thanos pretty easily, with Thanos being able to casually tear off his helmet, blow bits of his armor. And even overpower the Mark 85 casually in Endgame
I will say In terms of the infinity war fight the armor didn't really start failing until later as it was losing more bits as the fight progressed but it did hold up for a good while tanking hits and a direct beam from the power stone that's before it started falling apart after the amped powerstone punch

I will say In terms of the infinity war fight the armor didn't really start failing until later as it was losing more bits as the fight progressed but it did hold up for a good while tanking hits and a direct beam from the power stone that's before it started falling apart after the amped powerstone punch
Power Stone's power varies so that's not a great point. Plus he needed to deploy a huge shield in order to tank it

Thor's hammer was strong enough to temporarily get incapacitate
Yeah that wasn't because of any damage it was because of the lightning and Tony tanked various hits from Thanos befor the power stone amped punch and even after the punch Tony stood up and started attacking again Thanos was only capable of breaking Tony's armour after the power amped punch before that Tony took way worse hits from Thanos and was relatively fine

Which is made up of same material as his armour
If he could tank it on his own why bother deploying the shield? Plus the blast clearly isn't 6-C even if we assume the shield is as strong as Iron Man himself. Because Thanos is able to casually damage the suits armor.

Power Stone's power varies so that's not a great point. Plus he needed to deploy a huge shield in order to tank it
True though I don't see any reason to assume it would do any less than what Thanos is normally capable of, that's just my piece on the matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back