• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU tiers scaling around Thanos

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case, then I don't think Hela has reason to be 6-C for that
She was also strong enough that Odin couldn't kill her but had to seal her he also states she has "limitless power". She also drew blood from full power Surtur. Also the gauntlet was made of uru which survived 5 gigatons and hela casually broke the mjonir which is made of the same material

Time stone's range needs an upgrade because of this
From time stop page:
Unless users are shown or stated to have limits in terms of range, or that their ranges extend to areas beyond the universe, then they are assumed to be universal or higher by the virtue of affecting the very flow of time itself, thus all of time in the universe.

Thor's Level of Power?

I.E. If Thor's Tier X, the Hammer becomes Tier X as well.
That was the justification as to why we had Mjolnir Cap above pre-Awakened Thor.

Also the enchantment is "Whoever is worthy shall possess the power of Thor", which seems to back the idea that it would get stronger as Thor gets stronger.

As for Hela she's canonically worthy but probably didn't need a power amp to crush a weapon used by someone a tier under here.

Finally if we're giving the stoned a Tier 2 rating just make the IG up to 3-A since that wouldn't be an outlier statement anymore. But really it's not 2-C imo. Just that when Dormammu started to absorb the material word, as Strange himself said, time was linked to the Dark Dimension. I wouldn't call that the stone but rather universe merging shenanigans.

Last edited:
Does strange ever harm Thanos? All I remember is him restraining him which I guess is Class To for strange but I dunno if it counts as AP

Strange’s offensive spells come from the same energy as his defensive ones, no? They should be comparable to one another.

Also iron man actually gave Thanos a decent beat down during a brief second or two he also took hits from Thanos and one of those attack was powerd by power stone

Also iron man actually gave Thanos a decent beat down during a brief second or two

Iron man's armor changes parts of it to attack better, this probably shouldn't scale to his normal strength and toughness
The only hits that really "hurt" him from iroman was the energy propelled kick, the attack that made him recoil required that Iroman hit the ground and the blow that made him bleed also had energy (the missiles did nothing to him)
Thanos and one of those attack was powerd by power stone

Thanos' blows can literally destroy armor, thanos could even break Iroman's helmet just by grabbing it
there is a moment when he starts hitting him and the hits make Iroman bleed, which means that thanos can break through the armor's defenses

Last edited:
Everyone is fine where they currently are Strange needs upgrades where they're due but other than that no one has really any notable reasons to be upgraded a tier or downgraded a tier. The stones should get their upgrades along with strange.

Of course he can destroy it and the helmet part is lifting strength so is breaking the armour's sword like weapon and in the last part of the video you sent iron man literally tanks multiple of his hits which includes a power stone amped attack just because it made him bleed doesn't disregard the fact iron man tanked it

Last edited:
Iron man's armor changes parts of it to attack better, this probably shouldn't scale to his normal strength and toughness
The only hits that really "hurt" him from iroman was the energy propelled kick, the attack that made him recoil required that Iroman hit the ground and the blow that made him bleed also had energy (the missiles did nothing to him)
And why will these not scale with his ap they are not done via hax and one of the hits even made Thanos bleed

Tanks Thanos's punch at 0:32
Power stone amped beam at 0:39
Tanks Thanos's beatdown and power stone amped punch at 0:55
Block Thanos's punch at 1:16 (The punch doesnt look that serious so it can be ignored)

Iron man also tanked Thanos's meteor so his dura and ap are consistent in the movie. Also these feats can't and mustn't be dismissed as outliners at all because this is the first time bleeding edge armour makes it's appearance in the MCU and it's feats are consistent after it's appearance

in the last part of the video you sent iron man literally tanks multiple of his hits which includes a power stone amped attack just because it made him bleed doesn't disregard the fact iron man tanked it
Survived but thanos broke the armor little by little, you can see the cracks, plus I'm sure I sent a clean hit that his armor can't stand (in the "literally")
And why will these not scale with his ap they are not done via hax and one of the hits even made Thanos bleed
I'm not saying don't scale to your Ap, but don't scale to your normal Ap (something like 7-A B or C higher with weapon creation)
Tanks Thanos's punch at 0:32
Power stone amped beam at 0:39
Tanks Thanos's beatdown and power stone amped punch at 0:55
Block Thanos's punch at 1:16 (The punch doesnt look that serious so it can be ignored)

-He blocked it with his arms and still pushed him to the ground long enough to remove the blockage in his glove.
-If the shield had the same resistance as the armor itself then the shield would not be necessary.
-False, when he uses the gem it lights up, looking at the scene well it did not do it when I hit it and the "beatdown" I don't think it shows anything
Iron man also tanked Thanos's meteor so his dura and ap are consistent in the movie. Also these feats can't and mustn't be dismissed as outliners at all because this is the first time bleeding edge armour makes it's appearance in the MCU and it's feats are consistent after it's appearance
Thanos' meteors are calculated as Low 7-B or 7-B, support both that Iroman is 6-c and that it is high7-A or 7-A or 7-B or Low 7-B

and his feats are consistent for Ironman being weaker than Thanos (I think even 7-B or Low 7-B, but that's a theme for another time),
just in case keep in mind that a stronger Iroman makes these characters stronger by sheer escaping with the a:
Cull Obsidian
Bruce Banner's Hulkbuster
Giant-man
Rescue Armor

Extra: his normal shots don't do anything to him and A header sends Iron man flying

Note: In the place where I live I already have to sleep(it's 1:54 in the morning), so don't expect an immediate response

Iron man's armour truly started breaking after this hit and even then he tanked it was able to fight even after iron man's durability and ap should be 6-C

This hit comes right after Thanos's beatdown too so Tony doesn't even have time to recover and if the ap gap between Thanos and Tony was more than 7 times any hit from Thanos would have one shotted Tony

Also Tony tanked Thanos's punches and mjonir (this did knock him out but the armour wasn't damaged at all so that was from lighting) even in endgame so

This hit comes right after Thanos's beatdown too so Tony doesn't even have time to recover and if the ap gap between Thanos and Tony was more than 7 times any hit from Thanos would have one shotted Tony
The difference between 3.75 and 5 gigatons is not 7 times.

And the shield is made from same material as Tony's armour so no need to argue that

The difference between 3.75 and 5 gigatons is not 7 times.
Tony tanked hits from power stone amped Thanos(which is higher than his regular ap) and from Thor's hammer in endgame (again the armour was completely unharmed Tony was only knocked out because of lighting) so he does have 6-C dura feats

Tony tanked hits from power stone amped Thanos(which is higher than his regular ap) and from Thor's hammer in endgame (again the armour was completely unharmed Tony was only knocked out because of lighting) so he does have 6-C dura feats
There was only one instance where tony has blasted by the power stone and that was an energy blast, so Thanos himself was not even directly attacking him

They're spells, no ki blasts. You would need solid evidence that Strange's offensive spells can match his defensive shields.
Thanos could not escape any of Strange's magic without using the power stone. Shields are a basic ability that all sorcerers know. Strange's magical offense have better feats than his defense, not to say it is weak, but just has stronger feats.
Finally if we're giving the stoned a Tier 2 rating just make the IG up to 3-A since that wouldn't be an outlier statement anymore. But really it's not 2-C imo. Just that when Dormammu started to absorb the material word, as Strange himself said, time was linked to the Dark Dimension. I wouldn't call that the stone but rather universe merging shenanigans.
Then wouldn't all the other stones have the same range as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back