• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Thor and Hulk Upgrade (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it, yeah, I do agree with Tier 6.

• They survived easily going through a Neutron Star.
  • Hulk Staggered Surtur
  • Thor Took some hits and immobilized Hela
  • Also, there was some truth to the Crushing Mjolnir video, there was an explosion like was stated there should be.

TheFinalOrder said:
That video randomly assumes the magic keeping mjolnirs molecules together got destroyed too. Explosion could be of any size since that assumpion is likely wrong.

PancakeExterminator said:
TheFinalOrder said:
That video randomly assumes the magic keeping mjolnirs molecules together got destroyed too. Explosion could be of any size since that assumpion is likely wrong.
For starters, your reply would imply Mjolnir couldn't be broken because of the magic Keeping it together. This is obviously false as Hela crushed the hammer and it broke to pieces, meaning, yes, the Magic keeping it together was a non-factor and got destroyed.

And, he didn't assume an explosion size.

Dividing this character by character:

Thor:

• Thor is portrayed as way more agile and possessing a far greater control of lightning than in previous movies.
  • Mjolnir is not just a weapon Thor throws, but instead an object that obeys his command. He is shown halting it in mid-air, shifting it's trajectory mid-throw, and even making it spin around him.
  • You can definitely make a case for Thor's Flight Speed scaling to Combat now.
  • After Odin dies, Thor gets angry and creates a large horizon-covering storm.
  • Mjolnir is merely a tool to channel Thor's own Thunder God powers.
  • Thor is unambiguously portrayed as stronger than Hulk in this movie. They have their fight, and even though Thor no longer has his Mjolnir, he manages to hold his own against Hulk and even knock him out a few times.
  • Thor only loses because he spends most of the fight trying to calm Hulk down. And once he starts channeling his Thunder powers without Mjolnir, there is really no context anymore.
  • Late in the movie, Thor loses one eye and starts having visions of Odin who tells Thor the stuff about Mjolnir and his true, hidden power. Odin straight up tells that Thor's full potential is much stronger than he ever was.
  • During his final battle against Hela and her forces, Thor uses lightning a lot in conjunction with his own attacks, and Hela reacts to it. If we could find footage of this scene and calc it, it is possible that we can get Massively Hypersonic feats
  • Thor hits Hela with "The biggest lightning in the history of lightning", although that is hard to quantify.
Hulk:

• Hulk fights Fenris in a life-threatening battle but ultimately beats him.
  • Hulk manages to stagger Surtur with the Eternal Flame briefly, but doesn't do much ultimately.
  • There is a joke where the Quinjet's voice recognition refers to Hulk as the "Strongest Avenger", which pisses off Thor. But as I pointed out above, this doesn't reflect on the actual feats.
  • Bruce Banner states that he has 7 PHDs, which is crazy.
Loki:

• According to Thor, Loki once transformed into a snake while they were children
  • And apparently he also once transformed Thor into a frog but that is from a less direct source
  • Loki can read memories and influence minds without the Mind Stone
  • Loki can create duplicates of himself, and also has some degree of illusions and astral projection feats
Valkyrie:

• The Valkyries were Asgard's elite fighting force back when they were alive.
  • The surviving Valkyrie doesn't do much. She is unambiguously stronger than Loki, though.
Dr. Strange:

• He is only in the movie for about 5 minutes but is pretty clearly far more powerful than Thor and Loki.
  • He BFRs Loki through an interdimensional portal and causes him to keep falling for 30 minutes.
  • He is capable of teleporting people around effortlessly, as well as teleporting himself without the need for portals.
  • He has matter manipulation. He creates a giant glass of beer for Thor and after he drinks it he refills the glass.
  • He also transforms Mjolnir into an umbrella.
Surtur:

• Surtur's power sources are his Crown and the Eternal Flame. With the two of them he is basically unstoppable.
  • Odin fought Surtur many millennia ago, defeated him and took the Eternal Flame away while also confining him to Muspellheim, so great feat for Odin
  • When Surtur only has his Crown, he's on the level of base Thor (The two fight early on)
  • Late in the movie, with the Eternal Flame, Surtur grows to the size of a small mountain and destroys Asgard, which Darkanine calculated to be Country level
Hela:

• The big one, let's cover her.
  • She casually destroys Mjolnir, catching it from Thor when he throws it at her. This is in the Tier-6 range or so.
  • She can traverse across the Nine Realms without the Bifrost, as she emerges from where she was sealed onto Earth.
  • She has limited Matter Manipulation, materializing weapons and blades and shooting them at her enemies. She can also materialize her helmet.
  • She has some level of Earth Manipulation, growing a giant spiked structure beneath her.
  • With the Eternal Flame, she resurrects Asgard's acient armies and also revives Fenris
  • Even when Thor is awakened to his true power, Hela is still the superior foe, although Thor does harm her.
  • She causes significant damage to Surtur with the Eternal Flame, impaling him with giant spikes, but dies when he destroys Asgard (Surtur dies too)

^Hela also has Regenerationn. She was stabbed through the back and spine by a Asgardian and stabbed through the Stomach by Thor Wielding Gungnir. So, Mid-Low Regen or High-Low?

@Matthew

There is a bootleg copy of the Film out, it's good quality. I can link you to it if you want to go over feats. It's primarily in English, some parts slip into official Spanish Dub but goes back to english.

Vergil Lucifer said:
Well looks like Surtur durablity is on par with Hela and Thor, but his AP is far higher than them both
Not necessarily. Nothing in the Movie could withstand Hela's Blades. And Surtur while weakened could tank hard hits from Mjolnir.

@Matthew

I think that your post makes sense.

I suppose that Odin scales to Surtur's calculated feat, whereas Hela and maybe awakened Thor get "Possibly" ratings?

Minimum Strength Needed to Destroy Mjolnir:

So, Mjolnir was forged in the heart of a dying star, meaning that its metal can endure such levels of energy without being harmed.

So we can use this calculator to figure it out:

http://www.endmemo.com/physics/radenergy.php

The core of the sun has a temperature of 15.7 Million Kelvin. Minimum Emissity for such temperatures is 0.92

Now all we need to figure out is the surface area of Mjolnir.

But just for demonstration, humans have a surface area of 1.73 m┬▓. Putting those numbers in the calculator and we get a final wield of 5.4829665830548E+21 Joules/s, which is Large Island level

Even something with a body surface area of 0.1 m┬▓ would have a wield of 3.1693448456964E+20 Joules/s.

So Hela is definitely High 6-C for crushing Mjolnir.

@Matthew

Shouldn't this be higher as a Dying Star is Either White Dwarf or Neutron Star and she exerted more pressure than the gravity of said stars to break it.

Okay, so "At least High 6-C, possibly 6-B" ratings for her and awakened Thor, and "6-B" ratings for Odin and Surtur?

Or what were the results for Surtur destroying Asgard?

That could just mean that his durability is lower than his AP but sill in the same tier. We do the same for Godzilla from Godzilla in Hell.

I am fine with High 6-C for both Hela, awakened Thor, Odin, and Surtur, if that is what you prefer.

Probably would be this:

Hela: At least Large Island level (Casually shattered Mjolnir with one hand, and was growing stronger the more she remained alive)

Thor: At least Large Island level (Fought and harmed Hela, was stated by Odin to have a power far greater than his own)

Odin: At least Large Island level, likely higher (Fought and banished Hela to Midgard. Fought Surtur, limiting him to Muspellheim and stealing the eternal flame from him)

Surtur: Country level (Destroyed Asgard)

Asgardian Weaponry should be 6-C at least. A standard Asgardian Blade Impaled Hela and so did Gungnir. Either thst ir her Durability is lower.

Why is Odin Large Island and up when he fought off Surtur? Also, Surtur has lower durability than his AP, yes?

@Matthew

That should likely be fine, but you should preferably explain the reason for High 6-C via a linked blog.

I would just chalk Hela being impaled to PIS.

@Gemmy

Yeah. Surtur died by his own 6-B attack. It's similar to Godzilla in Hell.

I haven't watched the movie yet so I have to ask, did he get hit by his own aoe or something? Or was it a suicide move? Also, how hurt was Surtur prior to dunking on Asgard? I read about him being stabbed by Hela's blades above.

Hela should have a likely higher tag. Thor might have momentarily stalled her with his lightning blast, but otherwise couldn't hurt her. And I don't think it's PIS to say the Asgardian weaponry pierced Hela. Loki stabbing Thor when he is far weaker is a testament to that.

Surtur was impaled many times by Hela, yes. He was hurt.

He stabbed his Twillight Sword on the ground beneath him and then caused the explosion of Asgard. So he was at the epicenter of his own explosion.

There's no implication whatsoever of Hela's swords having an effect akin to her title, yes? If that's the case, I'm fine with Surtur having Country level AP, but Large Island durability. Oh, and Odin too being Large Island.

Also, Thor should have Similar Regen or a step lower than Hela. He was impaled multiple times and was shown without injury not too long after.

It was said that Odin defeated Surtur while using the flames in ancient times, this should be scaling Odin to 6-B.

We also do not know if Surtur or Hela are dead we can not presume that Surtur died with his own attack.

^I kept saying this. Hela and Surtur are not confirmed dead.

And I also think Odin should scsle to 6-B, if only "Possibly 6-B".

Seriously guys, we need to discuss Asgardian weaponry:

• Hela was stabbed by an Asgardian Sword and Gungnir, both by weaker characters.
  • Loki was able to Stab Thor with daggers.
In both cases, we see Asgardian weaponry harming vastly Stronger characters.

Hela is calced at Large Island Level, I arguing Asgardian weaponry being Tier 6-C based on Harming her. Some might call it PIS, but it's backed up by Loki having stabbed Thor with his Daggers, when the former is vastly weaker than Thor. Basically, Asgardian weaponry has shown multiple times throughout the MCU to allow a character to punch above their weight so to speak.

Didn't he do the High 7-A storm when he was mad at Loki after Odin died?

So that's base Thor. Hulk rekt base Thor. Hulk should be bumped up to at least High 7-A, possibly High 6-C (staggered surtur)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back