• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Thor and Hulk Upgrade (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has awakened, there is no proof that he hasn't. Thor didn't knock him out or harm him, and he also staggered Surtur and fought Fenrir. Plus, it's not upscaling the entire MCU, it's only Hulk (Post-AoU).

I do not agree.

Thor and Hulk were able to each equally withstand each other's blows, and Thor was also armed with a weapon while striking the Hulk.

Thor only temporarily attempted to calm the Hulk down.

If Thor had grown more powerful than Odin, he would have defeated Hela, not still have admitted outright that his awakened lightning did nothing to her, and been outclassed during their final battle even with Valkyrie helping out.

The Hulk also managed to stagger Surtur, who awakened Thor admitted was far out of his own league.

You could make a case for Thor being superior due to combat skill and versatility, but not due to raw power.

Mind you, I like Thor considerably better than the Hulk, but Matthew's reasoning is not what I perceived actually happened in the movie.

Or to clarify, I think that Hulk and Thor alone should scale from Thor's lightning feat, that Hela alone should scale from the hammer crushing feat, and that Surtur alone should scale from destroying Asgard.

I agree with Ant that there is not enough undeniable evidence which directly proves Thor to be stronger than Hulk. Awakened Thor did manage to blow away Hulk but Hulk didn't lose the battle, still stood up to fight more. Who would've won? Can't say.

I felt like they didn't want to show who's stronger between them because they interrupted the fight and then made a joke with "strongest avenger". Tbh that felt like the real cliff-hanger to me.

Thor was very clearly overwhelming Hulk and would have won without the PIS chip in his neck.

Ill point out how messed up the power scaling becomes if Hulk is scaled to awakened Thor when I get home.

@Spin R u seriously suggesting not scaling Thor to his own feat?

Imo, the narrative did suggest that Thor would've won, as it was all about his power-up. But can't say for sure.

I can agree to Thor being stronger, but not by much, because if it were really that much power gap his blow would've stomped Hulk.

Awakened Thor shouldn't scale to Mjolnir breaking, he should only be Mountain level+ for the storm feat. And I agree with AKM sama

Hulk scaling to Awakened Thor will not be messy at all, only Post-AoU is upgraded. Hulkbuster, Vision and others don't scale.

But the Storm feat wasn't calculated at Mountain+, it was calculated at Small Island as a lowball, probably will be Island level once we get a solid timeframe.

Hulk doesn't scale to Awakened Thor. He didn't get stronger at all and there was no contest once Thor fired lightning at hulk.

@Matthew Schroeder If there was no contest Hulk would die or at least be incapacitated/knocked out. Thor's only slightly stronger. And Antvasima has already explained about your other points.

RadicalMrR said:
Ill point out how messed up the power scaling becomes if Hulk is scaled to awakened Thor when I get home.
I made a thread, about this. Ironically.

Also, shouldn't loki scale to valkyrie and visa versa?

I mean if Thor was that much stronger than Hulk, logically his blow should have one-shotted him.

I know one could argue that Thor wouldn't want to one-shot Hulk so he held back. And that's a pretty possible assumption to make, but at the same time, why wouldn't he want to one-shot Hulk and knock him out? Hulk was beating him to the point he almost went unconcious. It seems more likely that at that moment of desperation Thor would'nt hold back and knock Hulk out instantly.

IIRC Thor hit hulk again, for the second time but Hulk stood up again. I think Thor was stronger but not by that margin.

Yes, different tiers seem too exaggerated when the Hulk was able to get right back up after being struck by awakened Thor, disposed of Garm (or was it Fenrir?), and staggered Surtur.

Not forgetting Hulk stayed Hulk for 2+ years. Who knows how much he trained during that time.

Yes, this movie seems to portray him as more powerful than previously. We could simply give him an extra "After Sakaar Training" statistics key.

Two things to point out.

My first storm calc was calced at High 7-A it was never Mountain level+, and Dark was able to up it to higher levels of High 7-A.

Second is that I've seen the movie and I would agree with Ant that Hulk would scale to Thor.

If HELA has reacted to Mjolnir being thrown (which is stated to be Massively Hypersonic) then why is she rated as Subsonic? And I thought that it was agreed upon that Thor's combat and reaction speed were equal to his flight and throwing speed, but not only hasn't the agreed changes been implemented but his Flight and Throwing speeds aren't listed on the new page. Why isn't that?

Was Thor's storm calculated to that tier? If so, I think that the Hulk could get a new statistics key after his 2 years of training on Sakaar, given that Thor struck him full force with his lightning, and the Hulk got up right afterwards.

RinkakuKagune said:
If HELA has reacted to Mjolnir being thrown (which is stated to be Massively Hypersonic) then why is she rated as Subsonic? And I thought that it was agreed upon that Thor's combat and reaction speed were equal to his flight and throwing speed, but not only hasn't the agreed changes been implemented but his Flight and Throwing speeds aren't listed on the new page. Why isn't that?
TBF I am fine with upgrading Thor to Massively Hypersonic but I always thought it was controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back