• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In avengers 1 Thor was weakened by some dark magic when he traveled to midgard but there’s no indication of how long this actually affected. If it went away instantly or gradually. By the time he fights the hulk it’d be safe to assume that the Thunder god was operating at his usual levels due to the following:

Director joss whedon considered hulk to strong to fight(despite Thor being present in the film)and needed the hulkbuster

(55:00)

This is further reinforced in Thor ragnarok when tony deemed hulk the “strongest avengers” in the Quinn jet database

(3:11)

So pre ragnarok hulk should scale to pre awakened Thor’s full power

edit 1:

His been stated to be the strongest avenger in Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron: Friends and Foes

9080357-img_0029.jpeg

Edit 2: the avengers have been said to fear hulk’s strength

9081344-img_0064.jpeg

Last edited:
Joss Whedon's statement is a blatant contradiction of both of Thor's fights against Hulk and it was already rejected in the previous thread, so I 100% disagree with that

Honestly, that scene just seems like a gag joke meant to screw with Thor. Tony also only fought Thor when Thor wasn't at 100%

Last edited:
Joss Whedon's statement is a blatant contradiction of both of Thor's fights against Hulk and it was already rejected in the previous thread, so I 100% disagree with that

Honestly, that scene just seems like a gag joke meant to screw with Thor. Tony also only fought Thor when Thor wasn't at 100%
If Thor was far more powerful then hulk then the hulkbuster wouldn’t even be necessary considering current scaling. While I’ll admit the statement is a bit much it makes more since then Thor being able to slap around banner

tony has literally seen thor in action post avengers. Even banner thought the hulkbuster was necessary who should clearly have a better idea of how strong hulk is

If Thor was far more powerful then hulk then the hulkbuster wouldn’t even be necessary considering current scaling.
Thor doesn't live on Earth and in-universe has left the planet multiple times for two-six years each. If they're relying only on Thor they're relying on someone who literally might not be there at the time. The Hulkbuster in general also allows Tony to punch notably above his usually weight class, so it would be worth it on that reason alone.

To add, the Hulkbuster was Iron Man's backup choice and he only summoned it (seemingly) because he had no other option
Iron Man: Natasha, I could really use a lullaby.

Hawkeye: That's not gonna happen. Not for a while. The whole team is down. You got no backup here.

Iron Man: I'm calling in Veronica.

Thor was mind controlled by Scarlet Witch at that moment
Last time I checked tony and banner don’t have precog
I can say the exact same thing for Mark 8-45 Iron Man's Unibeam being able to literally one-shot Avenger Hulk. And Thor isn't always available to do shit for the Avengers

Nothing that is indicative of what Thor is capable of with his full power
Pretty sure his like town lvl at the point so not really. Thor is the protector of the nine realms, I’m pretty sure they can get him in speed dial

says who?

Pretty sure his like town lvl at the point so not really.
No
Island level+ with Unibeam (Its energy is increased by a thousand, which equates to 53.5 Gigatons)
Thor is the protector of the nine realms, I’m pretty sure they can get him in speed dial
Not always. They can't rely on someone who is often off-world and likely busy dealing with other kinds threats, as established with the Vanaheim battle, to return when the Hulk is suddenly on a rampage

Thor doesn't live on Earth and in-universe has left the planet multiple times for two-six years each. If they're relying only on Thor they're relying on someone who literally might not be there at the time. The Hulkbuster in general also allows Tony to punch notably above his usually weight class, so it would be worth it on that reason alone.

To add, the Hulkbuster was Iron Man's backup choice and he only summoned it (seemingly) because he had no other option
Wasn’t that due to him shattering the bifrost? After dark world wasn’t he around for quite awhile?true

true but considering Black widow had the whole lullaby thing it makes since that it’s just a back up plan

They pretty explicitly go out of their way to show us Hulk is far stronger than Thor in Avengers 1, like we are explicitly shown Hulk can draw blood from Thor with a punch
But Thor with Mjolnir can't
Joss Whedon's statement is that no one can fight Hulk other than the Hulkbuster. Thor clearly still held his own against Hulk to a considerable degree and didn't get reduced to paste with any of Hulk's attacks

No

Not always. They can't rely on someone who is often off-world and likely busy dealing with other kinds threats, as established with the Vanaheim battle, to return when the Hulk is suddenly on a rampage
That’s very odd that he just has that and hulk doesn’t scale but whatever

wasn’t he around a lot after wards?
The Bifrost was repaired and restored after Thor brought the Tesseract back to Asgard. Thor focused on other threats to the Nine Realms and didn't even return to Earth after they were all dealt with
True but earth wasn’t in any big danger so if Thor is capable of multitasking like 8 other dimensions then I’m pretty sure he can fit midgard in

Joss Whedon's statement is that no one can fight Hulk other than the Hulkbuster. Thor clearly still held his own against Hulk to a considerable degree and didn't get reduced to paste with any of Hulk's attacks
And my point is that hulk should scale. Even thought the statement is a bit much is still contradicts the notion that Thor was weakned throughout the film along with the ragnarok statement

wasn’t he around a lot after wards?
Only after the final battle with Malekith because he gave up his claim to the throne of Asgard. And after AoU, he left Earth again and only returned briefly to search for Odin, not even for the Avengers Civil War
says who?
Because even Black Widow can take out the fodder HYDRA soldiers that the Avengers fight after reassembling
And my point is that hulk should scale
Not by a statement that is blatantly contradictory bullshit nonsense

Only after the final battle with Malekith because he gave up his claim to the throne of Asgard. And after AoU, he left Earth again and only returned briefly to search for Odin, not even for the Avengers Civil War

Because even Black Widow can take out the fodder HYDRA soldiers that the Avengers fight after reassembling

Not by a statement that is blatantly contradictory bullshit nonsense
Wasn’t that during ragnarok?

who said that was his only mission with the avengers? And even then I’m sure his collected info other then just witnessing it on the battlefield

whedons statement isn’t the only one I posted.

Also what’s are filling on toy statements? Because I’m pretty sure there’s something along the lines of “hulk is the strongest avenger”
The Space Stone/Tesseract once used toy statements for its range and they were removed in a CRT. They aren't official Marvel material. They're toys
That doesn’t negate any footage or info his heard
None of which is equivalent to Thor's Jotunheim feat
And I already responded to your reasoning
And I already responded to yours

The Space Stone/Tesseract once used toy statements for its range and they were removed in a CRT. They aren't official Marvel material. They're toys

None of which is equivalent to Thor's Jotunheim feat

And I already responded to yours
Well the only thing I can find that think isn’t toy related is this

9080274-img_0029.jpeg

says whom? If tony knows Thor is powerful enough to crack vibranuim and destroy a city despite never showing that lvl of power in there previous encounters means he knows his shit or atleast has a pretty good idea

And I just responded to yours

Well the only thing I can find that think isn’t toy related is this
I can bring up my own sourceless images too
8620157-1676500269-unkno.png

If tony knows Thor is powerful enough to crack vibranuim and destroy a city despite never showing that lvl of power in there previous encounters means he knows his shit or atleast has a pretty good idea
He didn't know until the Battle of Sokovia when FRIDAY told him that shit

Hulk isn’t a warrior soooo….
Point is that the image doesn't work without a proper source. It could be from an unreliable children's book or sth

Also, Thanos is a warrior and he was around since 2012
He literally suggested Thor to hit the spire
Yeah, and FRIDAY was literally the one who said that Thor would crack the spire and it not being enough to stop a devastating impact. Tony didn't know about it and tried to figure out a solution around that issue.

Also, Thor can crack Vibranium, which can take hits from Thanos, and Hulk only dented a Vibranium alloy

Last edited:
Point is that the image doesn't work without a proper source. It could be from an unreliable children's book or sth

Also, Thanos is a warrior

Yeah, and FRIDAY was literally the one who said that Thor would crack the spire and it not being enough to stop a devastating impact. Tony didn't know about it and tried to figure out a solution around that issue.

Also, Thor can crack Vibranium, which can take hits from Thanos, and Hulk only dented a Vibranium alloy
I know that’s why I said it’s the only one “think” isn’t from a toy. I have no idea we’re it’s from

so is Odin,

my point is that tony has a pretty good idea of what he can do even though he hasn’t show such power before

oh ya and alloys are stronger then the pure metals that composed them. Great feat for hulk

oh ya and alloys are stronger then the pure metals that composed them. Great feat for hulk
Actually now that think about it wouldn’t that be enough to warrant scaling considering hulk dented a tier 6 material
Vibranium CRT literally concluded that only pure Vibranium scales. Also it comes from Agents of SHIELD, which has dubious canonity
so is Odin,
Yeah, and Thor is Asgard's mightiest warrior

Alloy metals are literally made specifically to be stronger and are you referring to the one dale and I worked on? Cuz I don’t remember coming to that conclusion
That was basically what the thread concluded with, and Qawsed even brought up that the Vibranium alloy is likely not as strong. Doesn't really matter much at the end of the day since it's from AoS, which has dubious canonity or is outright not canon

That was basically what the thread concluded with, and Qawsed even brought up that the Vibranium alloy is likely not as strong. Doesn't really matter much at the end of the day since it's from AoS, which has dubious canonity or is outright not canon
I’m pretty sure the main conclusions were for vision and black panther.In terms of Qaw there’s nothing really backing up vibranuim being weaker as an alloy.I thought it was cannon? Then why is it on hulk’s profile?

I’m pretty sure the main conclusions were for vision and black panther.In terms of Qaw there’s nothing really backing up vibranuim being weaker as an alloy.
Point is that the thread concluded with only pure Vibranium scaling to Cap's shield
I thought it was cannon?
It's very dubious or just not. It's why Cap's AP and LS needed to be revised sometime back
Then why is it on hulk’s profile?
Idk, nobody bothered to remove it. There's a couple of AoS feats/statements out there that probably need to be removed

Point is that the thread concluded with only pure Vibranium scaling to Cap's shield

It's very dubious or just not. It's why Cap's AP and LS needed to be revised sometime back

Idk, nobody bothered to remove it. There's a couple of AoS feats/statements out there that probably need to be removed
I don’t think so but whatever, it doesn’t really matter if AoS is non cannon.

Though I’m pretty sure there’s some WoG about the hulkbuster being equal to mk50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back