• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Thor and Hulk Upgrade (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheFinalOrder said:
Uh...Hulk got Wrekt by base Thor.
That was just by him being the superior fighter. Once, Hulk got the upper hand, Thor couldn't get out of his beatings until he awakened his true power for like a minute.

I'd like to add in that Thor stated Asgard was a planet a few times in the film- would that be considered an exaggeration on Thor's part since we have Asgard/it's destruction calc'd at Country level?

We go by what we see most of the time and what we see is certainly not the size of a planet. Hell, it's even smaller than Ego's moon-sized planet form.

That was just by him being the superior fighter. Once, Hulk got the upper hand, Thor couldn't get out of his beatings until he awakened his true power for like a minute.

I dont think thats the case, Thor have a lot of years of experience, Hulk just have 2

Hulk shouldnt scale, at least not yet. Im fairly sure if we get to see World Breaker Hulk, he will probably scale.

just awakened Thor was winning against Hulk, Thor tried talk before but when tried Fight Hulk still was a little superior

I think Hulk should bumped up to 7-A for staggering Surtur, With a Possibly 6-C rating as he did get back up after being punched/blasted bt awakened Thor without much physical damage.

So it'll be like:

Hulk: At Least Mountain Level+ (Staggered Surtur), Possibly Large Island Level (Took a Punch From Awakened Thor and Got Back up without much damage)

Matthew Schroeder said:
So, can I apply the new stuff?
Well, the problem is that the calculations for Surtur, Hela, and Thor (the storm that RinkakuKagune calculated) should preferably be evaluated first.

You can message some calc group members about it, if you wish.

As I said in the blog, I'm okay with the Thor storm feat (which Radical evaluated). The only issue is it's probably lowballed due to a lack of definable timeframe.

Okay. Then I think that the results can be used.

Can you check up the Hela feat as well?

@Darkanine

I think that Matthew created a blog for Hela crushing Thor's hammer.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Even something with a body surface area of 0.1 m┬▓ would have a wield of 3.1693448456964E+20 Joules/s.

So Hela is definitely High 6-C for crushing Mjolnir.
Not sure if it matters to much, but I only calculated the area of Mjolnir at 0.04 m^2, which lowers the result to 36 Gigatons.

Perhaps you could evaluate Matthew's blog post, so we can use the results?

Can someone link me to the storm feat calc?

also, again, The Asgardian Weapon Scaling? It would higher Hela's AP with her swords as she easily could cut through Asgardian steel shields meant to block the same swords that pierced her.

@Matthew

Okay. Sorry. Although in order to use the calculation as a reference, you will have to place it in a blog.

The Thor storm calculation seems to have been accepted.

I think so, yes, but it might be best if Matthew handles it.

Regarding Mjornir, is there any chance of him being 6-C as Base because he draws upom energy from Mjolnir which is explicitly stated to be forged in a dying star and would yield such results when adjusting for surface area.

And on a side note if these calcs all go through then Thor and Hulk will be on the same level as Wonder Woman and Superman.

@RinkakuKagune, I disagree. Base Thor never showed feats that matched his hammer. It would be like saying Jane Foster (Thor) from the comics is galaxy level because of the storm sealed inside Mjolnir, however, she never showed galaxy level feats. @Matt said Thor's attack speed should now match his flight speed, I can agree with that upgrade.

What do you mean showed any feats? Just because a character doesn't destroy an area equivalent to their energy output doesn't mean that they aren't as powerful. In Jane case it just stupidity from a bad writer. That origin clearly contradicts the years of consistent portrayal of Mjolnir origin. In that story the writer states that Uru is a metal that is scarcely available when every other goddamn Thor story states that Uru is what practically all of Asgard is made of. Not to mention the fact that Odin turns into some megalomaniac that doesn't wish for Thor to have the Hammer (which just goes against Thor's ENTIRE ORIGIN) and also the fact that Jane was capable of fighting against Odin in the first place. Complete bullshit. You can't compare that to this, Thor draws upon the power of said Hammer which was forged in the core of a dying star.

Let's try not to derail this discussion please.

Yes sorry, I was just bringing this up only to point out how many things that don't make sense in that comic to debunk what he said.

Well, for what it is worth, I agree with you that Marvel does not make any sense. That and the political propaganda has partially alienated me from the franchise, despite that I used to really like much of it when I was younger.

Yeah well I would definitely agree with that, I think Marvel needs to become more apolitical like it was before.

But going back on topic (sorry, I know it was me who went off topic in the first place) should Thor have a 6-C because of Mjolnir or do we stick to the High 7-A rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back