• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a very easy way to fix this scaling gap would be to make a key for the Hulk from Avengers Age of Ultron.

For what it's worth, 2017 Hulk was stated to be even angrier than before

Anyway, I will say I'm okay with scaling Avenger Hulk above Iron Man's 6-C+ Unibeam since Banner and Stark worked together to design Veronica and the Hulkbuster to combat Hulk rather than blast him with a Unibeam

Last edited:
So Thor fought evenly with a Hulk who was angrier than in AoU, and anger = strength, that also invalidates Whedon's statement that nobody is capable of fighting Hulk besides the Hulkbuster
Anyway, I'm okay with scaling Avenger Hulk above Iron Man's 6-C+ Unibeam since Banner and Stark worked together to design Veronica and the Hulkbuster to combat Hulk rather than one-shot him with a Unibeam
I guess "At least 7-A, possibly/likely 6-C+" could work based on that

Anyway, I will say I'm okay with scaling Avenger Hulk above Iron Man's 6-C+ Unibeam since Banner and Stark worked together to design Veronica and the Hulkbuster to combat Hulk rather than blast him with a Unibeam
I think that’s already in his profile

that’s something I guess

So Thor fought evenly with a Hulk who was angrier than in AoU, and anger = strength, that also invalidates Whedon's statement that nobody is capable of fighting Hulk besides the Hulkbuster

I guess "At least 7-A, possibly/likely 6-C+" could work based on that
not really, hulk was apperantly holding back

9081209-img_0031.jpeg

(I think this is from Thor ragnarok offical movie special book)
Which lines up with the film considering hulk seemed to be quite murder crazy in the arena. Also I think there’s a statement about hulk barley getting stronger in ragnarok

not really, hulk was apperantly holding back

9081209-img_0031.jpeg

(I think this is from Thor ragnarok offical movie special book)
It’s from the Marvel Studios Visual Dictionary. I can say that Thor doesn't want to kill Hulk either, he just wants to get Banner out of him
Also I think there’s a statement about hulk barley getting stronger in ragnarok
It's an image from a Tweet that I can't find anymore

It’s from the Marvel Studios Visual Dictionary. I can say that Thor doesn't want to kill Hulk either, he just wants to get Banner out of him

It's an image from a Tweet that I can't find anymore
Oh thanks, dosen’t really matter. Point is neither we’re actually going at it at full power

Ya I think I can find it, give me a min

The There's a deleted scene and an artbook statement about Smart Hulk appearing in Infinity War, but that's about it. As it stands right now, Cull Obsidian scales to Hulk, but it's only one-way scaling
What artbook? Actually couldn’t we just use that scan in the first tweet about the avengers fearing Hulks power

What artbook?
Avengers: Endgame - The Art of the Movie. It talks about the IW deleted scene where Smart Hulk bursts out of the Hulkbuster
Actually couldn’t we just use that scan in the first tweet about the avengers fearing Hulks power
Maybe? At this point, I don't really care what route we go with, but I'm not 100% opposed to merging his Avenger and Gladiator keys back into one

At the very least, Avenger Hulk can get a 6-C+ rating

Avengers: Endgame - The Art of the Movie. It talks about the IW deleted scene where Smart Hulk bursts out of the Hulkbuster

Maybe? At this point, I don't really care what route we go with, but I'm not 100% opposed to merging his Avenger and Gladiator keys back into one

Ok

I wouldn’t be opposed to that either.

Well if the scan is legit then I don’t think scaling to Thor would be a problem tbh

Just gonna put it out there that Odin was still recovering from nearly dying to dark energy even after Heimdall used the Tesseract to restore the Bifrost, which happens after the events of The Avengers (2012), but that aside:

Option A (Make Avenger Hulk great again):
Country level (Fought on par with Pre-Awakening Thor. Cracked the Bifrost Bridge by simply taking steps on it and then unintentionally blew out a chunk of it alongside Fenris. Tony Stark and Bruce Banner designed the Hulkbuster and Veronica as measures to fight the Hulk, suggesting that he is more powerful than Iron Man's Unibeam. Chipped Eternal Flame Surtur's crown. Able to break through the armor of a Leviathan when even Iron Man's lasers could not. Caused earthquake-like tremors while punching Stark's containment shield. His Pre-Sakaar self is not overwhelmingly be weaker), higher with Rage (His strength grows as his rage increases)

Option B (Make Avenger Hulk slightly better than before):
At least Mountain level, likely Island level+ (Tony Stark and Bruce Banner designed the Hulkbuster and Veronica as measures to fight the Hulk, suggesting that he is more powerful than Iron Man's Unibeam. Traded blows with a weakened Thor. Able to break through the armor of a Leviathan when even Iron Man's lasers could not. Caused earthquake-like tremors while punching Stark's containment shield), higher with Rage (His strength grows as his rage increases)

As I said I'm fine with option B, although if option A is chosen instead I want to say that Hulk from Avengers is still comparable to a weakened Thor, so his 6-B key should cover Age of Ultron onwards imo, plus most of the statements are from that phase

As I said I'm fine with option B, although if option A is chosen instead I want to say that Hulk from Avengers is still comparable to a weakened Thor, so his 6-B key should cover Age of Ultron onwards imo, plus most of the statements are from that phase
The statement covers avengers and AoU so I don’t think that would necessarily

You don't think I just opened this thread and made a decision without reading the OP, do you?
Nah I just find it odd how there’s no evidence for Thor still being weakened in his first encounter with hulk but there’s evidence on the contrary. But whatever

Last edited:
Late response but I'm more inclined to agree with option B. Option A has some backing, but I'm not totally convinced given some of it is up to interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back