• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Love & Thunder Spoiler Thread

The “variable power” aspect of Mjolnir seems kinda like speculation considering Kurse swatted away Mjolnir casually while Thanos struggled to fend off against it at first when Cap was using it. As for Jane, Thor did accidentally enchant the hammer to protect her no matter what, while Cap just happened to be worthy without any prior enchant. So, Kurse might be stronger than Thanos if that is true I guess

1. Thor
  2. Thor: Ragnarok
  3. Thor: The Dark World
  4. The Thor Film Which Shall Not Be Named
That's how I rate the films as of now. I saw Thor 1 the other day and I think it's underrated. I'll need to watch Thor: The Dark World. People say it's bad, but I want to see for myself.

1. Thor: Ragnarok
2. Thor: Love and Thunder
3. Thor / Thor: The Dark World

I enjoyed L&T, but it's not quite on Ragnarok's level imo. I personally can't decide which is better between Thor 1 or Thor 2, maybe because I haven't watched them in a while

So, I just rewatched Thor: The Dark World in its entirety. My conclusion?

Both of Branagh's Thor films get too much hate.

Sure, it may not have been the most action-packed movie, or the most humorous, nor was the main villain super memorable, but it was effective in showing the responsibility Thor has accepted, and the lengths he's willing to go to fulfill them. One of the final interactions of the film is with Thor and Odin (actually Loki, but still), where Thor denies the opportunity to be king, saying he'd rather be a good man than a great king, and that he can't protect the 9 realms from the throne of Asgard. The first film showed Thor becoming worthy again, this film showed Thor proving he's worthy.

Speaking of Thor and actually Loki, the interactions and exchanges between the two were amazing, and it really helped to compare and contrast them, as well as further their own character arcs.

Also, I liked how it showcased the strategic mind and tactical expertise of not only Loki, but also Thor, all while committing treason lol. A big contrast to L&T Thor, who I've heard be described as a moron.

Anyways, if you couldn't already tell, I think the Branagh Thor films are great. They may not be everyone's cup of tea, especially given how different they are to MCU films now after everything's kind of become homogenized, for lack of a better word, but I think they're both great films.

While I'm here, I think I want to run through all of the Thor movies (with the exception of Love and Thunder, since I believe I've already voiced my thoughts on that film both in this thread and outside it).

Thor
was a great film. It was a story that was one of many iterations of Thor learning what it means to be worthy of his hammer. The growth and progression of Thor throughout the film was great, showing him going from a thrill-seeking brawler with no sense of responsibility to someone who gives up spending time with the woman he fell in love with to prevent Loki from wiping out Jotunheim. I liked the show of moral ambiguity in Loki, really showcasing his lust for power. It felt, 100% in essence, like a true Thor storyline. The only major mistake I think was made with the movie was making Hemsworth's eyebrows blonde.

Thor: Ragnarok was a fun film all around. Some people found Thor being more comedic in this film to be questionable, but I honestly thought it made sense, seeing it as either his time on Earth and around people like Tony Stark rubbing off on him, or more likely, him using comedy to hide his grief like we see him do in Avengers: Infinity War. Heck, it could've been both. Also, it wasn't really as concerning, as Thor still knew when to take things seriously and still had epic and genuine moments. Loki's character arc was perfectly completed, setting the stage for his sendoff in Avengers: Infinity War (you know, before he got his own Disney+ show). Korg was funny, imho. He worked best in that side character role for a few scenes. And Billy Butcher Skurge the Executioner was an epic side character, though I wish they used him for Amora the Enchantress rather than Hela. Speaking of Hela, she was a phenomenal villain. Cate Blanchett did an amazing job with the character, making her feel menacing, but with a vibe about her in her personality that you see in Loki and Thor that communicates that they're related. Odin's sendoff hits different after watching the first two films, and I applaud Taika Watiti for actually taking this scene seriously.

Speaking of seriously, it did feel like two movies mashed into one, a problem that would get worse with Thor: Love and Thunder, in my honest opinion. The majority of the humor was before and after the stuff with Hela, or when the film focused on Skaar. The tone change wasn't necessarily jarring, like going from Christian Bale acting his butt off as Gorr to make him creepy and menacing only to cut to Thor not taking anything seriously and screaming goats, but you could still tell there were very distinct tonal shifts, though Hela and Skurge did have an air of humor about them in some of their scenes.

So, my new film rating is probably, believe it or not, the order the films came out.
  1. Thor
  2. Thor: The Dark World
  3. Thor: Ragnarok
  4. Taika: Love and Thunder
It's 1:58 in the morning where I live, so I'm gonna go to bed now. Good night.

My ranking would be:

1. Thor: Ragnarok
2. Thor: Love and Thunder
3. Thor
4. Thor: The Dark World

The earlier movies seemed reluctant to fully embrace the concepts of actual gods and magic, plus Thor and Jane's chemistry felt rather lacking. I thought Waititi did a good job translating many outlandish visuals from the comics to the big screen. Plus, while his movies are largely humorous throughout, I find that his serious moments hit like a truck when they do come.

The “variable power” aspect of Mjolnir seems kinda like speculation considering Kurse swatted away Mjolnir casually while Thanos struggled to fend off against it at first when Cap was using it.

You mean this?
Varies depending on the user, up to At least High 6-C
It should specify the version of Thor instead of user.

As for Jane, Thor did accidentally enchant the hammer to protect her no matter what, while Cap just happened to be worthy without any prior enchant.
The Mjolnir that Jane used should still have been under Odin's enchantment, same with the Mjolnir that Cap used.

The Mjolnir that Jane used would have given her L&T Thor's power, while the Mjolnir Cap used would have given him EG Thor's power.

So, Kurse might be stronger than Thanos if that is true I guess
Only if Mjolnir doesn't scale to the Thor that currently uses it or connected to it.

I need to give TLAT a rewatch because I feel like ragnarok tried to crack more jokes yet people say TLAT cracked too many. Maybe I missed some or something lol

You mean this?

It should specify the version of Thor instead of user.
Based on what?
The Mjolnir that Jane used should still have been under Odin's enchantment, same with the Mjolnir that Cap used.

The Mjolnir that Jane used would have given her L&T Thor's power, while the Mjolnir Cap used would have given him EG Thor's power.
If we go by this logic, then since Odin enchanted the hammer to those only worthy, then that would have made Thor as powerful as Odin
Only if Mjolnir doesn't scale to the Thor that currently uses it or connected to it.
Then Thor would be older man Odin tier since he did use the hammer at first and then enchanted it to those only worthy besides him

Based on what?
That Thor is the source of the power? Worthy? Possess the Power of Thor? Unless you think that Mjolnir's power is only up to Pre-Awakened Thor's level.
If we go by this logic, then since Odin enchanted the hammer to those only worthy, then that would have made Thor as powerful as Odin
What's the relation between Odin putting an enchantment on Mjolnir, and that making Thor as powerful as Odin?
Then Thor would be older man Odin tier since he did use the hammer at first and then enchanted it to those only worthy besides him
I don't even understand what your trying to say here.

Thor Odin enchants Mjolnir so that only the worthy are able to wield it and possess the power of Thor after he depowers Thor
Thor Ragnarok Odin explains that Mjolnir was never the source of Thor's power and that it was only a tool to help channel it

That Thor is the source of the power? Worthy? Possess the Power of Thor? Unless you think that Mjolnir's power is only up to Pre-Awakened Thor's level.
How does that suggest that it has variable power?
What's the relation between Odin putting an enchantment on Mjolnir, and that making Thor as powerful as Odin?

I don't even understand what your trying to say here.

Thor Odin enchants Mjolnir so that only the worthy are able to wield it and possess the power of Thor after he depowers Thor
Thor Ragnarok Odin explains that Mjolnir was never the source of Thor's power and that it was only a tool to help channel it
Odin was literally using Mjolnir before Thor was so that makes him how powerful Odin was at the time, which is probably a lot weaker than his prime

How does that suggest that it has variable power?
With how Mjolnir is explained in the MCU, its power and the power it grants the people that are worthy is dependent on the version of Thor using it.
Odin was literally using Mjolnir before Thor was so that makes him how powerful Odin was at the time, which is probably a lot weaker than his prime
Odin never used Mjolnir though, Hela was its previous wielder, and how does being Worthy mean that you are as powerful as Odin?

Odin's enhancement makes those that are worthy possess the same level of power as Thor, which never said it was limited to Pre-Awakening Thor.

Odin never used Mjolnir though, Hela was its previous wielder, and how does being Worthy mean that you are as powerful as Odin?

Odin's enhancement makes those that are worthy possess the same level of power as Thor, which never said it was limited to Pre-Awakening Thor.
I meant to say Hela, but since she had the powers of Thor, and was stronger than that power of Thor, it might be weird that Thor would be Hela tier since she was a lot more powerful especially when weakened. As for Kurse, he should still get an at least rating due to how badly he stomped Thor and how easily he swatted Mjölnir away

I meant to say Hela, but since she had the powers of Thor, and was stronger than that power of Thor, it might be weird that Thor would be Hela tier since she was a lot more powerful especially when weakened.
Why would Hela have the powers of Thor when Thor wasn't born yet or was still a baby, and the enchantment was only applied in Thor 1, hundreds or thousands of years after Hela was sealed away by Odin.

My ranking is......

1. Thor Ragnarok
2. Thor
3. Thor the Dark World

I haven't seen L&T and based off everybody's reviews I have no reason to see the film and I know I would hate it. I would likely put it at number four

Last edited:
298341159_7803694496367651_6835849919668105997_n.jpg

Back