• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Love & Thunder Spoiler Thread

Just curious but has anyone calced the moon feat while accounting for its earth like gravity?
0d8.gif

I thought he was the wisest and most powerful not the oldest
I mean, if he's mentionned as the oldest god alive, it's pretty notable, that means he's older than even Odin, Bor and the Ennead were and has survived for all those milenias and is not looking that old honesly. There's also a weird statement on his MCU wiki page where he's stated to be the first god by Thor but I can't remember anything like that

I mean, if he's mentionned as the oldest god alive, it's pretty notable, that means he's older than even Odin, Bor and the Ennead were and has survived for all those milenias and is not looking that old honesly. There's also a weird statement on his MCU wiki page where he's stated to be the first god by Thor but I can't remember anything like that
If that’s the case then wouldn’t he predate the Big Bang?

From what we've seen, Celestials and gods like Zeus, Thor, Odin, Bast, Khonshu and so on aren't the same, it's probably just that Celestials are considered gods due to their power
I mean none of the gods are the same tbh. Sone are more human like, like Thor and Zeus. Then you have more animal based ones like ra and ammit and to a degree khonshu(litterly a floating skull for a head). Then there are giants like titans from Greek mythology or bordline abominations like the hecatoncaris and typoon and etc. the celestials being straight up gods like thor and all the others isn’t really out of the question tbh.

I mean none of the gods are the same tbh. Sone are more human like, like Thor and Zeus. Then you have more animal based ones like ra and ammit and to a degree khonshu(litterly a floating skull for a head). Then there are giants like titans from Greek mythology or bordline abominations like the hecatoncaris and typoon and etc. the celestials being straight up gods like thor and all the others isn’t really out of the question tbh.
It actually is, the Celestials have their own very specific characteristics, from their appearence to their function, origin, the way they're born, etc. I don't recall Thor being born causing the destruction of a whole planet. The Celestials are very, very unique and definitely not the same as the gods.
For the record, the Titans aren't gods, they're their own species, same for the Hecatonkhires and certainly the same for Typhon (especially notable in his case since he was specifically created by Gaia to slaughter the gods)

It actually is, the Celestials have their own very specific characteristics, from their appearence to their function, origin, the way they're born, etc. I don't recall Thor being born causing the destruction of a whole planet. The Celestials are very, very unique and definitely not the same as the gods.
For the record, the Titans aren't gods, they're their own species, same for the Hecatonkhires and certainly the same for Typhon (especially notable in his case since he was specifically created by Gaia to slaughter the gods)
i don’t see how that changes any thing, some gods are are born from golden eggs or stone, some are created litterly or others just randomly spawn in a void of nothingness. Destroying a planet from birth dosen’t really make them special.
They are, they were worshipped by humans in what was called the “golden age”. And there not a different species either the only reason they look different from the primordials or Olympians is probably cuz of inbreeding

i don’t see how that changes any thing, some gods are are born from golden eggs or stone, some are created litterly or others just randomly spawn in a void of nothingness. Destroying a planet from birth dosen’t really make them special.
It makes them special in the sense no other species has been indicated to be born this way. They've their own very unique and very special characteristics that are not shared by any other being in the universe, the gods are clearly widely different but none of them has anything approaching the Celestials's physical form, function, nature of power or method of being born, they're special in every possible sense of the word
They are, they were worshipped by humans in what was called the “golden age”. And there not a different species either the only reason they look different from the primordials or Olympians is probably cuz of inbreeding
Being worshipped by humans doesn't mean being gods. Typhon himself was worshipped by some people, yet he's the farthest thing from a god than you can get. Heck, Khaos is sometimes described as a Primordial where in fact it really is just the original void of existence, the only reason some peopel count it as a deity is because it gave birth to Primordials.
So yeah, Titans and Gods are almost identical but they're still named under different kinds of species

Last edited:
For the record, since we are on the Celestials subject, can we talk about how no one since Eternals has talked about the massive landmass that suddenly emerged from the planet itself in the Pacific Ocean and that is gigantic enough that we can Earth's round outlines when we look at it from afar? Cause that's starting to get really stupid when no other installment in the MCU acknowledge the literal corpse of a continental-size god appearing out of nowhere. Not to mention even if the Eternals stopped the Emergence, it would have still caused nightmarish earthquakes and tsunamis

For the record, since we are on the Celestials subject, can we talk about how no one since Eternals has talked about the massive landmass that suddenly emerged from the planet itself in the Pacific Ocean and that is gigantic enough that we can Earth's round outlines when we look at it from afar? Cause that's starting to get really stupid when no other installment in the MCU acknowledge the literal corpse of a continental-size god appearing out of nowhere. Not to mention even if the Eternals stopped the Emergence, it would have still caused nightmarish earthquakes and tsunamis
The Marvel Cinematic Universe phase 4

It makes them special in the sense no other species has been indicated to be born this way. They've their own very unique and very special characteristics that are not shared by any other being in the universe, the gods are clearly widely different but none of them has anything approaching the Celestials's physical form, function, nature of power or method of being born, they're special in every possible sense of the word

Being worshipped by humans doesn't mean being gods. Typhon himself was worshipped by some people, yet he's the farthest thing from a god than you can get. Heck, Khaos is sometimes described as a Primordial where in fact it really is just the original void of existence, the only reason some peopel count it as a deity is because it gave birth to Primordials.
So yeah, Titans and Gods are almost identical but they're still named under different kinds of species
Agian not really, many different pantheons of gods are born and created in there own way. Like some Hindu gods are spawned from nothing and there job is to recreate and destroy the universe in a infinite cycle(or however it works). Other gods watch over and mangage souls, life and death. Some control the stars of the sky etc. I could honestly go on, there are many different gods with births and functions just as impressive and just as important as celestials if not more so.

that’s true to a degree but I don’t see how being born from the loins of divine beings wouldn’t make them gods. How is he the farthest thing from being a god? I don’t really see how that changes anything, being referred to as a primordial is essentially the same thing as a god(atleast in Greek mythology). Agian there not different species there different groups separated by a generation and appearances there the exact same species and the main “gods” of Greek mythology would most likely just be called the Olympians

Agian not really, many different pantheons of gods are born and created in there own way. Like some Hindu gods are spawned from nothing and there job is to recreate and destroy the universe in a infinite cycle(or however it works). Other gods watch over and mangage souls, life and death. Some control the stars of the sky etc. I could honestly go on, there are many different gods with births and functions just as impressive and just as important as celestials if not more so.
But that's the catch, like you said gods are all very different in forms, origins and powers yet still belong to the same category. Celestials are all identical (with the exception of Ego but he seems to be a very particular case), with a very specific list of characteristics ranging from their appearence to the process from which they're born to their function and job in the universe (Eternals makes it clear only Celestials deal with the whole creating life so the universe won't reverse back to darkness stuff)
that’s true to a degree but I don’t see how being born from the loins of divine beings wouldn’t make them gods. How is he the farthest thing from being a god? I don’t really see how that changes anything, being referred to as a primordial is essentially the same thing as a god(atleast in Greek mythology). Agian there not different species there different groups separated by a generation and appearances there the exact same species and the main “gods” of Greek mythology would most likely just be called the Olympians
Primordials are basically cosmic forces given a personnality. Gods like the Olympians are human-like beings who happen to have gained power over certain areas but aren't part of it. That's a HUGE difference. And Typhon is specifically described as a monster, as in its own species, and he's responsible (with his wife Echidna) for creating almost all monsters in Greek Mythology as they're almost all his descendants
Also, the term "Olympians" specifically referred to the most important Gods living on Olympus (so Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Ares, Apollo, Demeter, Aphrodite, Hestia, Athena, Hermes, Ares, Dionysus, Artemis, Hephaistos). The others were simply called gods

But that's the catch, like you said gods are all very different in forms, origins and powers yet still belong to the same category. Celestials are all identical (with the exception of Ego but he seems to be a very particular case), with a very specific list of characteristics ranging from their appearence to the process from which they're born to their function and job in the universe (Eternals makes it clear only Celestials deal with the whole creating life so the universe won't reverse back to darkness stuff)

Primordials are basically cosmic forces given a personnality. Gods like the Olympians are human-like beings who happen to have gained power over certain areas but aren't part of it. That's a HUGE difference. And Typhon is specifically described as a monster, as in its own species, and he's responsible (with his wife Echidna) for creating almost all monsters in Greek Mythology as they're almost all his descendants
Also, the term "Olympians" specifically referred to the most important Gods living on Olympus (so Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Ares, Apollo, Demeter, Aphrodite, Hestia, Athena, Hermes, Ares, Dionysus, Artemis, Hephaistos). The others were simply called gods
True when comparing from other mythology’s. So are others groups of gods such as titans, Olympians,aesir,vanir,primordials and etc(for now, the mcu is an ever growing thing I wouldn’t be surprised if they started mixing in other pantheon events into the greater universe)

and there still gods. And there both considered gods.I don’t see how being described as a monster would change the fact that he is a god, he comes from Gaia just like everyone else(or by extension) in Greek mythology including the Olympians. weren’t all the gods after the titans(minus gigantes) conisdered Olympians?

True when comparing from other mythology’s. So are others groups of gods such as titans, Olympians,aesir,vanir,primordials and etc(for now, the mcu is an ever growing thing I wouldn’t be surprised if they started mixing in other pantheon events into the greater universe)
MCU will probably mix some stuff but for now, the Celestials remain unique even compared to gods
and there still gods. And there both considered gods.I don’t see how being described as a monster would change the fact that he is a god, he comes from Gaia just like everyone else(or by extension) in Greek mythology including the Olympians.
Except he's never described as a god in any source, he's an entirely different type of being. Monsters in Greek mythos isn't a term to describe weird creatures, it's its own classification for a species, entirely different from the gods. Same thing as the Giants or the Hecatonkhires
weren’t all the gods after the titans(minus gigantes) conisdered Olympians?
Nah, the term Olympians specifically refers to the Twelve Gods mentionned above (Hades doesn't count in spite of being one of the most important deities in Greek mythology because he's a cthonic god who stays in the Underworld almost all the time) who are living on Olympus

MCU will probably mix some stuff but for now, the Celestials remain unique even compared to gods

Except he's never described as a god in any source, he's an entirely different type of being. Monsters in Greek mythos isn't a term to describe weird creatures, it's its own classification for a species, entirely different from the gods. Same thing as the Giants or the Hecatonkhires

Nah, the term Olympians specifically refers to the Twelve Gods mentionned above (Hades doesn't count in spite of being one of the most important deities in Greek mythology because he's a cthonic god who stays in the Underworld almost all the time) who are living on Olympus
Fair enough

Not really his still a god seeing as he comes from Gaia. That would depend on it’s origin. The cyclops Hecatonkhires are litterly the uncles of the Olympians.

hmmm, ok

Not really his still a god seeing as he comes from Gaia. That would depend on it’s origin. The cyclops Hecatonkhires are litterly the uncles of the Olympians.
Being born from the same being doesn't mean belonging to the same species. Giants and Gods are all descendants of Ymir in Norse mythology, yet they're two entirely different species.
Same thing here. The Titans, the Gods, the Giants, the Hecatonkhires and Monsters are all their own species in Greek mythos.

Being born from the same being doesn't mean belonging to the same species. Giants and Gods are all descendants of Ymir in Norse mythology, yet they're two entirely different species.
Same thing here. The Titans, the Gods, the Giants, the Hecatonkhires and Monsters are all their own species in Greek mythos.
I don’t see how it wouldn’t consider you have the exact same dna. Aren’t only the frost giants and the aesir Related?

I don’t see how it wouldn’t consider you have the exact same dna. Aren’t only the frost giants and the aesir Related?
Nah, Ymir is the progenitor of almost all living beings in Norse mythology, the only exception being a cow born from the same primeval drops. The Giants were born from his body and the first God Buri, the ancestor of all Gods, was born from the ice Ymir created and the cow licked

In general, a single primordial being giving birth to different species is common. The Gods, the Giants, the Titans and so on might all be born from Gaia (and Ouranos) but they're all different types of beings. And remember we're talking about mythological creatures, they don't follow human concepts like DNA and the laws of genetics

I'm mad but also relieved. We could have gotten that epic design as Gorr, which makes me mad that they essentially just made Gorr Asgardian Psycho. However, I'm relieve that after multiple reviews and even some of you here confirmed how crap the film was, they didn't waste a solid character design on a film that would do a disservice to the character to begin with.

Nah, Ymir is the progenitor of almost all living beings in Norse mythology, the only exception being a cow born from the same primeval drops. The Giants were born from his body and the first God Buri, the ancestor of all Gods, was born from the ice Ymir created and the cow licked

In general, a single primordial being giving birth to different species is common. The Gods, the Giants, the Titans and so on might all be born from Gaia (and Ouranos) but they're all different types of beings. And remember we're talking about mythological creatures, they don't follow human concepts like DNA and the laws of genetics
Alright this isn’t going anywhere, let’s just agree to disagree

Back