• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Match #2 The World's Strongest Beast v Dante (Black Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LIFE_OF_KING stop using his battle with magna it just mean he is not good at hand to hand combat 🗿
Screenshot_20220507-224136.png

Yeah sure 🗿

Kaidou can negate his regen, and Dante's regen is very limited, plus it's ass. Mid low is nothing. People can fight Marco... like what
Marco's regen is great but it's set up so he has a few things that can stop him from regenerating in some situations.

Do you think the battle will still be the same if he can use his arsenals? 🗿
But he used it in the battle against Magma
Just look at yami and asta 🗿
In the battle against Asta he knew that Anti-Magic attacks could negate his regeneration, so he was careful (And he only stood a chance because Asta and Yami were weaker than him). But in the match against Kaido's physical attacks, this is not going to happen in any case. Dante will probably simply not defend himself and will allow Kaido to attack his body at will because he doesn't recognize his own power. Besides the fact that Kaido can see into the future via Haki and know anything Dante is going to do, which makes things even worse

Marco's regen is great but it's set up so he has a few things that can stop him from regenerating in some situations.
Losing stamina, just like Dante
" off guard " lol.. she was clearly using haki against them in that battle, you can see the lightning effects in some of the hits like when Kidd hit her with a railgun
Not all lightning is haki, and she wasn't using haki the entire time. You know Haki runs out, and they aren't gonna waste it when they don't know someone's gonna attack em or not

Dude, sure Kaido can heat up, but 1: Luffy was shown to seemingly be able to bypass this by, and this is by his own words: " Gramps taught me how to attack without making contact!! "
So if Dante can somehow harm him without touching him then the magma level heat should be useless.
2: Dante can still regenerate, though I don't know if Dante can survive a beheading, since I don't watch his series like I do with One Piece.
3: He has resistance to heat manipulation on his profile.
I was really not going to comment on this thread, at all.
But golly, did this particular comment catch my attention. Not because it was eloquently written, mind you. But simply due to the sheer absurdity, and lack of comprehension showcased within just a few lines of a reply.

I am pretty sure someone has replied to these ludicrous claims, but I feel like I need to double down on this just to bring to light just how completely nonsensical what you just said is.

First things first, about Luffy. Your understanding of this claim is apparently faulty, defective I dare say. You seem to assume that, because Luffy can interact with said heat through the agency of his ability to not directly touch his opponents, any other enemy capable of accomplishing a similar feat will also avoid the heat completely.
But that's couldn't be more erroneous, the fact Luffy interacts with the heat through his particular ability simply means his rubber body in particular is capable of withstanding the sheer amount of passive heat emanating from Kaido's firey body, but not direct touch. That, my friend, is a resistance, and a quirk exclusive to Luffy, and those with comparable resistances to him on his, or other forms of media.
That's not necessarily the case for Dante, no. Your premise holds some truth though, as yes, if Dante had the means to avoid direct physical contact, he would effectively avoid being vaporized instantly by the insane heat emanating from Kaido's body. The problem is that, this premise does not counter, nor does it address the passive heat whatsoever, in which case, if it is enough to vaporize Dante, no amount of no-contact damage will save him from it, and ultimately, will result on his inevitable defeat.

Second. About the regeneration. Honestly, this point bugged me to a lesser extent, because it's quite literally just ignorance on how regeneration functions, or rather, ignorance on the consequences of being near Kaido. Yes, Dante may have survived being beheaded, but that level of regeneration is not anywhere near enough to come back from being turned into ashes, or vapor.
Which, in case you did not know, would be the consequences for withstanding that much heat without proper resistance. You might have touched on this regeneration topic because you imagined Dante being fried, instead of outright vaporizing, which, fair, your point would be correct.

Third. Having resistance to X, doesn't mean you resist any intensity of X, just the one you've shown.

Dante’s only shown to use GS at 70% and higher if I’m remembering right.

also why are we still arguing I feel like most people agree Kaido takes this.

You guys are missing the important part of the battle against Magma. Dante is not able to control his power proportionally against an opponent equal to him. That is the point, not that his arsenal has lost or not. What I am saying is that he is not skilled enough to fight strong characters, only weak ones. That's the point of Dante's whole character, to be a shit human. He would definitely beat Magma if he had the gravitational singularity, but that would not change the fact that he is not yet adapted to fair battles

he literally said his connection with luci was cut off but okay keep using the battle where he is badly restricted and can't use his broken spells

I was really not going to comment on this thread, at all.
But golly, did this particular comment catch my attention. Not because it was eloquently written, mind you. But simply due to the sheer absurdity, and lack of comprehension showcased within just a few lines of a reply.

I am pretty sure someone has replied to these ludicrous claims, but I feel like I need to double down on this just to bring to light just how completely nonsensical what you just said is.

First things first, about Luffy. Your understanding of this claim is apparently faulty, defective I dare say. You seem to assume that, because Luffy can interact with said heat through the agency of his ability to not directly touch his opponents, any other enemy capable of accomplishing a similar feat will also avoid the heat completely.
But that's couldn't be more erroneous, the fact Luffy interacts with the heat through his particular ability simply means his rubber body in particular is capable of withstanding the sheer amount of passive heat emanating from Kaido's firey body, but not direct touch. That, my friend, is a resistance, and a quirk exclusive to Luffy, and those with comparable resistances to him on his, or other forms of media.
That's not necessarily the case for Dante, no. Your premise holds some truth though, as yes, if Dante had the means to avoid direct physical contact, he would effectively avoid being vaporized instantly by the insane heat emanating from Kaido's body. The problem is that, this premise does not counter, nor does it address the passive heat whatsoever, in which case, if it is enough to vaporize Dante, no amount of no-contact damage will save him from it, and ultimately, will result on his inevitable defeat.

Second. About the regeneration. Honestly, this point bugged me to a lesser extent, because it's quite literally just ignorance on how regeneration functions, or rather, ignorance on the consequences of being near Kaido. Yes, Dante may have survived being beheaded, but that level of regeneration is not anywhere near enough to come back from being turned into ashes, or vapor.
Which, in case you did not know, would be the consequences for withstanding that much heat without proper resistance. You might have touched on this regeneration topic because you imagined Dante being fried, instead of outright vaporizing, which, fair, your point would be correct.

Third. Having resistance to X, doesn't mean you resist any intensity of X, just the one you've shown.
1: Again I don't watch Dante's series, so I wouldn't know too much about him.
2: I assumed that things like the Magic on his page would be useful against Kaido since he has to somehow harm Kaido without touching him, though obviously I don't know the extent of his Magic.
3: " IF Dante can harm him without touching him " the keyword being IF, this is a hypothetical case, that wasn't a fleshed out, 100% sure statement.
4: I assumed that resistance to heat manip means he can't really get burned or can stop it somehow. Again, my bad, I'm not too knowledgable about the series Dante is from, so these are just guesses based off his page, for the most part.

he literally said his connection with luci was cut off but okay keep using the battle where he is badly restricted and can't use his broken spells
AGAIN, I am not saying that he would lose the battle if he had the full arsenal in the battle against Magma. What I am saying is that he is not yet adapted to fair battles, independent of the arsenal

We can't work with "it"s.

And heat resistance is just saying you resist it to a certain level.

Kaidou has rock vaporizing feats and scales above steel vaporizers, and threatened to vaporize someone who resisted steel vaporizing heat. He's burning Dante to a crisp

Why are we still debating here?

The Winner is Kaido as I haven't seen any adequate argument to change my mind on the call for Kaido

3: " IF Dante can harm him without touching him " the keyword being IF, this is a hypothetical case, that wasn't a fleshed out, 100% sure statement.
The answer to this hypothetical case would be pointless, as Dante is getting hit by the heat in either scenario.

By the way, if the heat argument is true for Kaido, I shall also vote for him, although it's likely not necessary.
What do you mean if it's true? BTW, here's proof, for anyone that doesn't know about Kaido being able to heat up, right on this page https://****************.com/chapters/2264/one-piece-chapter-1048?2022-05-08T00?2022-05-08T01
( yes, the translations of what they're saying aren't the official ones, but they're close to the official ones and they get the point across just fine, plus you still have the images as proof of what's happening )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back