• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mask de Masculine attacks lightspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
PaChi2 said:
As far as I know, if the laser was reflected, the reflecting surface shouldnt have absorbed any of the laser's energy (meaning no heating up or burning).
Im neutral, tho. Fiction doesnt abide 100% by physics so its not particularly a big deal.
Mask states he diverted it, it's just an after effect since it generates heat.

Damage3245 said:
@Sigurd, the only way that could be the minimum distance is if Mask couldn't see beyond the border of the panel. Which is a pretty ridiculous thing to argue for.
Ahh,don't know how to explain this better

Yes obviously mask can see behind the border yet he didn't ses renji,but what does that prove?it proves that the distance renji crossed is bigger..how much?unquanfitable

We go with the border cause it's what was drown and it's the minimum distance renji had to cross cause he wasn't in it

That's why it's the minimum lowball

Out of curiosity, could you explain the difference? Im interested. As I see its only an angling matter?

Anyway, if this is accepted as LS what would change for Bleach?

PaChi2 said:
As far as I know, if the laser was reflected, the reflecting surface shouldnt have absorbed any of the laser's energy (meaning no heating up or burning).

Im neutral, tho. Fiction doesnt abide 100% by physics so its not particularly a big deal.
Exactly this

PaChi2 said:
You watch too much anime, car is made of metal which is a reflective material and will reflect light, making it look shiny. Try parking a car in the open in the middle of the day and see if they will heat up or not.

As for the smoke, his beam will always leave smoke on everything that makes contact with it, so his beam leaving a smoke on renji sword is just a visual representation to show that his beam produces heat.

I agree with the above part about how it's probably just a way for Kubo to express intense heat.

Also, even if you really want to use this as your argument against it being Light, it doesn't even work, at best you could argue that's not how Heat works in the real world but it has nothing to do with the Light.

Purgy said:
@The real cal howard

As I said, we have zero indication Renji did that, he's just shown holding his sword there so I'm not really sure why you're trying to conjure up factors in order to disregard the feat.
Conjure up factors? What? The only thing I said was that it bounced off the sword. Which is exactly what's shown. It's an elastic collision and it's basic physics. I'm not making a single assumption.

The real cal howard said:
Conjure up factors? What? The only thing I said was that it bounced off the sword. Which is exactly what's shown. It's an elastic collision and it's basic physics. I'm not making a single assumption.
sword is metal > sword is reflective > light reflects off of sword.

That's all there is to it, no idea where you're going with this.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
That's okay if you disagree, not sure what your argument is though.
Dude this makes the reflection questionable. That's the argument. This also makes u wonder instead did it get deflected

Don't you think if the beam have considerable force behind it, it will send rose fly instead of pierced him when he hit him? or both?

Which matters if there's factors going for it being light. And the only thing is that it's stated that it's a beam of light, and VSBW 101 is that saying such isn't enough.

AstralKing7 said:
Dude this makes the reflection questionable. That's the argument. This also makes u wonder instead did it get deflected
It doesn't at all lol, your argument relies on the sword not being made of a reflective material. Which is already proven in the OP.

Character also states Renji reflected it away, I don't know why you're repeating a debunked argument when smoke literally has nothing to do with light speed or not.

Please go re-read the standards.

Which matters if there's factors going for it being light. And the only thing is that it's stated that it's a beam of light, and VSBW 101 is that saying such isn't enough.
It's also reflective as proven multiple times, please Cal at least read the OP.

4babcdcc0741afa1e8478baf8f5952d0

On the other hand, you have no proof that the beam have considerable force behind it and will bounces off its target via force. If the beam act like a punch and have force behind it, it will send rose fly when it hit him. It didn't do that, not even moving in the slightest.

I've read the OP. And as I've said in every post in this thread, it being reflected like it's a mirror can easily be explained with a very basic physics concept. If they outright used a mirror or even brought up the fact that the sword being reflective is the reason it was blocked, then you'd have a much better case.

Also show the scan that says it's deflected. Whether it says that or reflected is important. No matter what, my point stands, but if it's the former, that's even more damning evidence because deflection isn't the same.

Amasnesotdrol said:
On the other hand, you have no proof that the beam have considerable force behind it and will bounces off its target via force. If the beam act like a punch and have force behind it, it will send rose fly when it hit him. It didn't do that, not even moving in the slightest.
I don't have to prove basic physics, dude. Rose didn't fly because he had enough force to not move. Simple as that. Same reason Goku doesn't move when he gets punched or blasted by someone weaker than him or something.

I've read the OP. And as I've said in every post in this thread, it being reflected like it's a mirror can easily be explained with a very basic physics concept. If they outright used a mirror or even brought up the fact that the sword being reflective is the reason it was blocked, then you'd have a much better case.
Also show the scan that says it's deflected. Whether it says that or reflected is important. No matter what, my point stands, but if it's the former, that's even more damning evidence because deflection isn't the same.
You're being ridiculous, you legit have no proof of what you're saying. why in the world would they randomly state this? it's like a character randomly saying water is wet after getting hit by a water ball.

"brought up the fact that the sword being reflective is the reason it was blocked, then you'd have a much better case."

Cal it's not some magic sword with the power to reflect things for no reason, it's just a sword. This isn't Nanao.
Image067556

100% lol, it's ridiculous.

@Sigurd. I respect you as both a debater and a person and want to be friends but having your argument contested and calling said opposers ridiculous isn't the most adult thing.

@Purgy. I've been arguing the same thing from the beginning.

> Same reason Goku doesn't move when he gets punched or blasted by someone weaker than him or something

Ughh this dont work because at this point mask >>>>>>>Rose

He stomping kensei in his bankai mode like a ragdoll and Kensei>>Rose

You missed the point of his post

"Cal it's not some magic sword with the power to reflect things for no reason, it's just a sword. This isn't Nanao."

Amasnesotdrol said:
> Same reason Goku doesn't move when he gets punched or blasted by someone weaker than him or something

Ughh this dont work because at this point mask >>>>>>>Rose

He stomping kensei in his bankai mode like a ragdoll and Kensei>>Rose
Then why is he even here if he's just gonna get shitstomped?

@Cal

It's not the same scan, you're arguing it was reflective via other reasons outside of metal just being naturally reflective.

The scan is to show you, that what you're saying isn't possible. Nanao sword reflects because of special trait. Renji's sword can't possibly do that.

Purgy said:
You missed the point of his post

"Cal it's not some magic sword with the power to reflect things for no reason, it's just a sword. This isn't Nanao."
It's clearly not a normal sword or else it would've been vaporized by this mountain level, superhuman killing attack.

But that's semantics and I'm digressing.

It doesn't need to be a normal sword... The reflecting aspect of it is the same as normal swords, which is all that matters.

Tbh Cal I think you're trolling now dude...

I'm arguing semantics. It's a problem I've been chastised for irl. Which is bad, sure, but hell if I'm trolling. If I were trolling I'd say something like "You're right! In fact, why stop there? The beam was clearly moving at infinite speeds and it's supported with Bandai boosts! I can't believe our site downplays Bleach so much."

Purgy said:
@The real cal howard

Have you even read Bleach? Genuine question not trying to insult.
No. I'm on episode 5 in the anime and like, 15 in the abridged series.
Even though you're joking, for a second there I thought you were telling the truth.

I don't understand why'd you make a bad argument willingly in a serious discussion as an administrator.

But to answer your question Mask is literally fodder to Renji. He got taken out like trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back