• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: Renji and Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months ago I made this thread:

In it I contested this calc for now admittingly bad points. Towards the end of the crt I was fine with the calc remaining though it was axed due to a change in light speed standards. As of this month, the most important change has been reverted, and "beam of light" was agreed to mean "made of light". As such I am here to petition to the return of the Renji calc.

Why is this lightspeed?

The beam is called light
Refracting in a reflective material (Zanpakutô already demonstrated to be reflective)
Travel straight
Does not explode, simply burns / vaporizes what comes in contact

The Calc itself is already accepted, it just needs to be reapplied.

Last edited:
Well you got it being made of light and reflecting which are 2 valid points. It moving in a straight line and not exploding is helpful as well. The only concern would be the speed of the attack since one of our requirements are having something state or support it's speed being that fast.

I'm fine with it being accepted but I'd like to know if any slow characters have reacted to it and by "slow", I mean characters who cap out around Massively Hypersonic at their best when going all out. If there aren't then I don't really have an issue and agree with it being added.

renji reacted to it after his soul palace training. He was notably above most of the lower tier characters. he has no anti feats against it at this point.
If he did training and got faster than before I'm ok with him reacting to it since it's he doesn't have any anti-feats.

Well you got it being made of light and reflecting which are 2 valid points. It moving in a straight line and not exploding is helpful as well. The only concern would be the speed of the attack since one of our requirements are having something state or support it's speed being that fast.

I'm fine with it being accepted but I'd like to know if any slow characters have reacted to it and by "slow", I mean characters who cap out around Massively Hypersonic at their best when going all out. If there aren't then I don't really have an issue and agree with it being added.

Only renji who's miles above captain level fighters like kensie and rose.

If he did training and got faster than before I'm ok with him reacting to it since it's he doesn't have any anti-feats.
Yup Mask mercs some captains with it, then Renji comes down like the giga chad he is, after training in the Royal Palace, intercepts the beam, then kicks Mask's ass.

We were previously fine with using the feat, but then LS standards changed, but now they changed again back to what they were when we accepted Mask/Renji's feat.

I was curious why this was removed a while back given that I was one of the people who argued for it to be accepted originally and it met several of the requirements, so of course, I agree and feel it shouldn't have been removed in the first place to be honest.

fb7_1.jpg

There was another reason for why it was rejected beyond just only having a couple of things in support of it. I'll go through the thread for the exact post.

IIRC it was that the energy Mask used was shown to not behave like light in other panels.

You mean the attack that is fired differently, has properties Star Flash doesn’t and has a different name? Yeah, Star Flash Super Nova is irrelevant.

Here is the original post where the issue was brought up.

I haven't seen anything new be presented in the OP that would change my stance on this, so I still thing that the calculation should be rejected.

Reishi = Ray of Light = Light (Arrow of Light) = Reishi Light > Kishi Light

main-qimg-734ed5acf847db68938cad23e2a41017
DFEU6CV.png

Renji dodged a single ray of light

7003717-30173300-903f-479f-af3b-0a12dd345830.jpeg

Light novel > Quincy arrow are called a single streak of light.
D-_7ZoJUcAAInqA.jpg

Arrow of Light > reishi rays of light from the reishi sun

cfc55f94d020068c6fd6fd18caea0e3f.jpg
bc064e1301c933a908ccad0cf7d40296.jpg
f241107c9dac15230897ea8b75c7500a.jpg

The original world was made of reishi. Ichibei and the others are souls made of reishi and Soul King turn Menos into sands of reishi aka he reduced him to spiritual particles. Ichibei was present when this happened. Kishi World was split from the Reishi World.
G2jsIWR.jpeg
npAWbyz.jpeg
8UsOfaGC97RCm5DserPY1606337251.jpg

Every point of evidence from the author points at reishi light been the progenitor of normal light. What evidence is offer that says reishi light is inferior to its offspring?

Last edited:
Mask De Masculine reishi attack is called a beam of light.

iCaGmAt.jpg

Lille Barro's reishi is called light.

0653-013.png
0653-015.png
0652-002.png
0652-003.png
0651-004.png
0650-006.png
0650-009.png

Yhwach's Reishi Auswhalen is called light.

0125-005.png
0b26f605704ed98310afaabd33bc54f6.jpg
f956db2b3d14b0cc2c7bba13d6bc2156.jpg
24b998f52e9e0b8d1becaf01177c86ac.jpg
8449f2e02161e904ef51b4c81e2966ee.jpg
2130eb640e0a272898a51da41363542d.jpg

No, Jugram did not said that Aushwalen was not reishi.

Hikifune's statement was about reishi attacking the tree and how it uses it to self-regenerate.
2. Yhwach wasn't attacking the tree with Auswhalen, so it didn't needed to absorbed the spiritual particles in Auswhalen to regenerate.
3. Jugram is talking about the "Power" Aushwalen is carrying back up there, in case her tree can play offensive and try to absorb it to prevent the power up. Jugram is not talking about the physical particles of the Auswhalen.

dd7142633736bd84287881aa50bacc04.jpg
774890b4268711b2704b75f0547a1ce8.jpg

Cero are called spiritual light (light of spiritual particles):

MAiCOd0.jpg

Negacion is called a Beam of Light:

main-qimg-bea47bba69735d7dac6dfc7d23df84d0
R8cxEuD.png
4982511-006.jpg

If I had enough time I could make a volume for each time the author told us that reishi is light.

That isn’t what Damage’s issue is. He is bringing up how Mask leaves behind a reishi trail to fire Star Flash Supernova and thus it doesn’t act like light.

On the SFSN, that isn’t Star Flash, they are two separate attacks and it has different feats/properties compared to SF. The only things that connect the two attacks is having Star Flash in the name and the beam being star shaped. The latter is completely irrelevant as everything Mask does involves star shapes which only leaves the former, different names = different attacks. This is further compounded by
  • Mask needing to create a star to fire Supernova while he doesn’t for SF
  • SF never involves bending while Supernova does
  • SF burns what it hits while Supernova explodes
  • SF gets used twice and the same thing happens both times
  • Supernova gets used once and does something different compared to the consistent showings of SF.

Last edited:
Why are Star Flash and Star Flash Super Nova being considered basically identical? They function almost entirely different?
  • Is it because they're named similarly? That's an association fallacy
  • Is it because they're made of Reishi? Great, so is literally almost every attack ever in Bleach, we're not going to start applying antifeats of a Cero to Mask's Star Flash for example nor are we going to say Cero's are lightspeed if this gets accepted.
  • Is it because they're both comprised of blue glowy energy? Great, so are almost all Quincy attacks, we're not going to start applying those antifeats to Star Flash either nor are we going to make all Quincy attacks lightspeed.
Just seems like a really weird way of rejecting something that clearly meets two of the requirements and multiple of the supporting requirements.

I didn't partake in that thread and only just scanned through it moments ago, so some of this might have been discussed already.

Apple can we keep it focused on Mask here.

Remember being light =/= being the speed of light on this wiki.

It would mean that something being called "... of light" is not indicative that it has properties of lightspeed. As Nodt's spears certainly don't have evidence of lightspeed, nor does the Cero which was able to be blocked by beginning of series Ichigo.

If things can be made "spiritual light" and not be lightspeed, then that puts serious doubts in place for the validity of the feat.

That isn’t what Damage’s issue is. He is bringing up how Mask leaves behind a reishi trail to fire Star Flash Supernova and thus it doesn’t act like light.

On the SFSN, that isn’t Star Flash, they are two separate attacks and it has different feats/properties compared to SF.
What reishi trail of fire?

d4c8d6bf14c6a091a47aa789352085ee.jpg
e70df98a4e10d8ab0258bd2513e46507.jpg

Does Damage mean the blue flames of reishi that Quincy can use?

48c036d041f79ff33000ae51feaba477.jpg
fd7a2c9c29fd3962afc288c0d0e1aad4.jpg
82048f6b375e2dd6f503cf4334c0d259.jpg
862d35783c66ae251f1f3dbc9eaddd7d.jpg

Damaga is this shinigami confusing reishi light with blue reishi flames.
83f0e5b0ed01b824894c5cfed80385e9.jpg
4368a62c43ef247389e4fbceb672da63.jpg
a1c1c34f2d042043b7b6798a85500ce4.jpg

If things can be made "spiritual light" and not be lightspeed, then that puts serious doubts in place for the validity of the feat.
No it doesn't though, there's a reason why being called light alone isn't enough, the other attacks haven't shown what Mask's Star Flash has, thus they're not argued to be lightspeed.

You can't just apply the antifeats of other Quincy abilities to Star Flash, especially when Star Flash itself hasn't demonstrated any of these antifeats, the various Quincy abilities behave entirely different from each other, which is why this thread isn't trying to argue that they're all lightspeed, rather just the attack that has the most evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back