• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mask de Masculine attacks lightspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this specific ability being light seriously not been debated before?

Regardless, it fits the requirements as far as I can tell

There are a few issues with this:

• The beam is the shape of a heart, so I'm not sure that counts as it being a straight beam.
  • The beam doesnt refract or reflect, it just hits Renjis sword and sizzles out.
  • A few chapters later he uses the same move but on a larger scale and destroys a bunch of buildings.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
There are a few issues with this:
  • The beam is the shape of a heart, so I'm not sure that counts as it being a straight beam.
  • The beam doesnt refract or reflect, it just hits Renjis sword and sizzles out.
  • A few chapters later he uses the same move but on a larger scale and destroys a bunch of buildings.
  • The shape of the beam does not interfere at all, if you take a flashlight and cover the lamp in the shape of a triangle, it will look like this, your argument does not make sense.
  • No, I can even draw that the beam has refracted, as its ends have stretched and become larger than Renji's sword, in addition, Mask himself confirms that Renji has changed the direction of the attack.
  • It is not the same movement, they only have similar names, in addition, the way they are shot are totally different.

@Itachi

1.Are you aware it came out of star shaped thing? That has nothing to do with wether it's straight or not lol. The beam itself is straight.

2. He does if you read the scan, he literally says "turning aside my star flash" which means...

"to cause to move, especially at an angle". Which makes sense since the swords are metallic.

3. And you're literally wrong here, he used a move called Star Flash Supernova. Which was completely different in how he used it.

Here I am wondering what's wrong with star flash supernova, It travel straight and doesn't explode on contact but it vapor anything it touches. This isn't an explosio, it make no sense since it doesn't damage the buildings near the explosion, it merely show the beam still firing at the ground since in the next chapter you can see the star shape thing on the beam, Kubo only does a bad job when drawing beam when mask fired it the first time, but he fixes it later.

Only two qualifiers for being lightspeed doesn't look good enough to me.

I'm also not 100% convinced that it does simply reflect off of Renji's sword, since Renji's sword is sizzling & smoking where it was hit.

Damage3245 said:
Only two qualifiers for being lightspeed doesn't look good enough to me.
I recall this argument before, there is nothing that says it need 3,4 or all of them.

Especially not when there is 0 negatives against it, based off the negatives/positives for light acceptance.

Purgy said:
Didn't Mask say he reflected it though?
He said Renji turned it aside, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense because we don't see the beam itself go in a different direction or hit anything else.

We see it kinda shoot off in multiple directions once it hits his blade which looks like it could be reflecting to me

Also, I'm new here so I don't know, but is author intent something that doesn't get considered here?

E2926a81a28d30a8c6c2617b980c53d6

Damage3245 said:
He said Renji turned it aside, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense because we don't see the beam itself go in a different direction or hit anything else.
Thread just started and you're already using argument from disbelief fallacy.

He literally said Renji diverted it whilst looking at Renji the entire time and you're implying he's an idiot.

Whilst i'm neutral on this topic, "turning aside" doesn't necessarily mean that it reflected off of Renji's blade

It could've simply mean that Renji's sword was pushed by Renji with enough force to overpower the force of the attack and move it in another direction

Yes but there's really no indication Renji used any amount of force to perform that, from looking at it it's pretty obvious he's just holding his sword there. Also, I'm not sure if we're reading different translations, but he doesn't say he turned it aside.

^

Like he's seriously just holding his sword there, it's not as if we see him swing towards the attack and overpower it.

That's true

But i do have a question, Wouldn't the fact that the collision of the Sword and beam of light making a "Klang!" noise prove that it's tangible? Besides that i don't see anything wrong with the feat

Also USK

"Refracting in a reflective material" is a wrong statement here, it reflected didn't refract, refraction is a change in angle due to the material that the light is travelling through, reflection is when Light bounces off an object and moves direction

TataHakai said:
But i do have a question, Wouldn't the fact that the collision of the Sword and beam of light making a "Klang!" noise prove that it's tangible? Besides that i don't see anything wrong with the feat
I don't really care whether this thread is accepted or not, but this isn't a counter point when Delta's tangible beams that make sound effects on contact were accepted as light speed recently.

I also don't understand the "klang" argument.

But let's say it's true, it wouldn't even matter because.

"It is tangible and can be interacted with physically by normal humans"

These aren't normal humans and they all have NPI.

Is he referring to the untranslated parts inside panels used as emphasis for an attack or action?

How does he know it even means "Klang"? It's not uncommon for attacks in fiction to have weird sound effects.

That's fair enough

But i do want to say that

"The shape of the beam does not interfere at all, if you take a flashlight and cover the lamp in the shape of a triangle, it will look like this, your argument does not make sense."

Is wrong, the light itself wouldn't change shape, what you're thinking of is the shadow created by the triangle because Light is being blocked by it, that example really doesn't apply here i don't think

Though i think it can just be assumed that the shape of the attack is contained into a star shape by Mask, the travel straight thing should still be ok with this assumption

Purgy said:
Is he referring to the untranslated parts inside panels used as emphasis for an attack or action?
How does he know it even means "Klang"? It's not uncommon for attacks in fiction to have weird sound effects.
Klang

Oh my bad, I never knew those pieces were translated. From the page I'm reading it's left as Japanese and I don't remember ever seeing them being translated.

@TataHakai; that's a good point. I wouldn't expect a beam of light to make a "KLANG" sound upon hitting metal.

Is it really surprising that a Shinigami could interact with something that isn't suppose to be tangible though?

Also, even though Zanpakuto are reflective, all they are is just a manifestation of the users spirit, it's not real metal, so trying to say "A metal sword could interact with it and cause it to make sound", doesn't really work imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back