• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mask de Masculine attacks lightspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, it doesn't matter if swords are reflective. That's not the point I'm trying to make. I shoot my water gun against my sword and it bounces off. Does that make the spurt of water lightspeed? No. It just means physics is at work.

YYH has the spirit gun outright reflect on a mirror, and it's brought up, and that's not being considered Lightspeed. Idk why this would be any different.

No. I'm on episode 5 in the anime and like, 15 in the abridged series.

Even though you're joking, for a second there I thought you were telling the truth.

I...was though.

You're acting like we don't understand what you're saying.

We do.

It's just that you're intentionally using terrible logic here. It's far more reasonable to assume an attack that's stated to be Light reflected off a reflective surface as oppose to magically bouncing off of Renji's sword. Again, the attack itself has never been demonstrated to have any mass (afaik) meaning it couldn't just bounce off like you're suggesting.

The real cal howard said:
Look, it doesn't matter if swords are reflective. That's not the point I'm trying to make. I shoot my water gun against my sword and it bounces off. Does that make the spurt of water lightspeed? No. It just means physics is at work.
YYH has the spirit gun outright reflect on a mirror, and it's brought up, and that's not being considered Lightspeed. Idk why this would be any different.
Bad examples friend, very bad.

In that case Mask would be fodder to anyone as they can just hold up the sword that everyone and their mother has in this series and his dangerous attack is useless. If simply holding up reflective material is enough.

And again, idk why you're saying it magically bounced back when I gave a 100% scientific explanation.

>In that case Mask would be fodder to anyone as they can just hold up the sword that everyone and their mother has in this series and his dangerous attack is useless. If simply holding up reflective material is enough.

I assume you give up because this is not a legitimate argument.

I love how every other post by you guys is a jab towards someone's arguments, and not even a single one of you guys haven't done it yet. At least one of you four, be the bigger man and drop that.

You're arguing that the attack has no mass behind it which is why the dude could reflect it no problem, so I went to the logical conclusion that anyone could replicate it.

I love how every other post by you guys is a jab towards someone's arguments, and not even a single one of you guys haven't done it yet. At least one of you four, be the bigger man and drop that.
You're arguing that the attack has no mass behind it which is why the dude could reflect it no problem, so I went to the logical conclusion that anyone could replicate it.
You literally admitted to giving bad arguments, but you're upset at our response?

You literally just said this dude

" Look, it doesn't matter if swords are reflective. That's not the point I'm trying to make. I shoot my water gun against my sword and it bounces off. Does that make the spurt of water lightspeed? No. It just means physics is at work."

Knowing damn well water isn't like light.

Nobody was arguing that. I made that argument in a recent post, and it wasn't fact I just said I don't recall it ever having been shown to have mass nor did it behave like it did. That hasn't been a core argument of this thread, it was brought up a couple minutes ago.

I'm not intending to offend you, I'm just having a hard time diffrentiating between you trolling or being genuine with very illogical arguments.

Obviously if you're fast enough, because you know light is pretty fast.

Hence the calc.

If you truly feel like Renji baseballed the attack and that this doesn't qualify as Light then that's fine, but if you're getting offended by my responses then I'll just not respond to your arguments.

Yes. I'm upset at the "anyone who disagrees with me is wrong and ridiculous" comments that not one, not two, but four of you have. Not saying I haven't been a dick, but at least I apologize when I do it. This is a debate about fictional speed, and all the major debaters on the pro side are resorting to jabs when it's against them. What if this was in real life? What if you said "you don't think Bleach is lightspeed? You're ridiculous." to your peers in college? To say the very least, it's unbecoming. It's not hard to give rebuttals while not being mean.

I don't hold it against any of you, because again, it's fiction, and I still wanna be friends. It just had to be said.

I never said that though. Personally I find your arguments to be extremely illogical but I never said you couldn't disagree with me.

I'm sorry that I offended you and I won't respond to you any more.

Wait what did I do to you? I explain how thing is works and you replied to me with :

>I don't have to prove basic physics

While claiming your argument are based of basic physics, then you start to trowing argument which dont have any correlation and upset about it?

Anyways to get back on track...

Squirts of water aren't light speed so that's a terrible comparison.

As for Spirit Gun I just saw a clip of it bending besides other things so it wouldn't qualify in the 1st place.

Edit- Looking at the CRT looks like it was decided it was an outlier.

It doesn't at all lol, your argument relies on the sword not being made of a reflective material. Which is already proven in the OP.

Character also states Renji reflected it away, I don't know why you're repeating a debunked argument when smoke literally has nothing to do with light speed or not.

Please go re-read the standards.

Thiught he said he turned it away????

Again, why is the baseball analogy bad? Is it because Renji (idk his name) doesn't swing his sword like a bat? If so, that doesn't debunk anything. Throw a ball against like, a wall or something, and tell me it doesn't deflect back to you, for example. Besides, even with the baseball analogy, bunting is a thing.
your baseball anology isn't bad when you apply it to a wall,now apply it to a sword

imagine that you're holding a sword in a hand then you ask your friend to throw a baseball "in a good angle" to that sword,the sword would bounce back if not fall,right?

now apply this to the situation here,cause the sword didn't bounce or do any reaction at all

after all this is just a large island level energy star that is fast enough to blitz a relativistic character,right?

Yo I just wanted to apologize for being such a pussy earlier. I need to grow a thicker fuxking skin. Y'all are some chill people and Imma not be such an uptight bitch around you guys. Hope we can move on and party some other time.

This isn't sarcasm btw. I'm serious as a mofo.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
KGiffoni said:
Well yeah but usually they need to burn something in order to make smoke. And Renji's sword is intact.
You don't need to destroy something to generate heat. Not like it would since these swords are extremly durable. Takes an entire sea to cool Ichigo's sword down.
Not saying anything about the rest of the comments but this is right and wrong

Yes you don't need to destroy anything in order to generate heat however, Steam/Vapor is a product of change in matter, changing something from solid to gas or liquid to gas creates steam/vapor where there wasn't any before

Though honestly i'd just put it down to an artistic represantation or Kubo not knowing how physics works to make his manga look cool

For the record despite damage's concerns i still think the original calc itself is fine

If anything it's a lowball but since it's the minimum distance it is the safest method

Plus if Rukia and Renji were travelling together and Rukia came from above there's no reason to assume renji didn't

Yeah it does

According to our Lightbeam/Laser pages

"Additionally, if a series is very close to lightspeed or exceeds it in several other calcs and scenarios (such as what is seen in DBZ), there is less of a burden of proof to show that the laser is a true laser."

So since Bleach is already Relativistic it would be additional support

You watch too much anime, car is made of metal which is a reflective material and will reflect light, making it look shiny. Try parking a car in the open in the middle of the day and see if they will heat up or not.

I... Didnt mean it to be taken like that. Nanao proved that reflecting light beams is 100% safe. Nothing else. In fiction when they want to depic that something is reflected they usually go by what I stated.

I should work on my wording. Anyway, it seems this is mostly accepted.

For the record at this point I completely accept the feat. Because I'm an admin you can go through with this. No kidding. A sign of good faith. Now do the upgrades before I change my mind, because I not kidding will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back