• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mask de Masculine attacks lightspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Well I tried to explain it to him that is the minimum distance he'd have to have come from.
But the distance that is being proposed is completely arbitrary. There is no reason given for why the distance between Renji and the panel border should be the distance that Renji had to travel in order to intercept the beam.

Damage3245 said:
Well I tried to explain it to him that is the minimum distance he'd have to have come from.
But the distance that is being proposed is completely arbitrary. There is no reason given for why the distance between Renji and the panel border should be the distance that Renji had to travel in order to intercept the beam.
Because before Renji even came into the view of Mask or the viewer, the beam was already travelling towards Rose

Meaning Renji came into view AFTER the beam was fired, that's why the border is fine as a lowball

@TataHakai; then shouldn't the distance being used is what Mask is able to see? Because if that is the case then that just proves how the border panel is a completely arbitrary measurement since the border panel is not actually an object within the manga.

The calc was accepted by calc team members I guess. Though its a lowball you still dont want it to be accepted. I dont know what do you mean by the last comment too, they explained it dozens of times above.

@YukaSama4; I'm also a calc group member in case you didn't know.

Damage3245 said:
@TataHakai; then shouldn't the distance being used is what Mask is able to see? Because if that is the case then that just proves how the border panel is a completely arbitrary measurement since the border panel is not actually an object within the manga.
We don't know what his vision of the position that Renji came from is

The further you are from somewhere the better view you have of it overall, up, down right or left

I'm pretty sure the panel being scaled is supposed to show us Mask's line of sight anyways

The top of the panel is fine as a lowball

@Naeblis495; probably, but the discussion is a natural continuation of this thread since this thread was made for the purpose of making the Renji calc acceptable.

> We don't know what his vision of the position that Renji came from is

That's precisely my point of why the distance Renji travelled is unquantifiable.

Using the panel border is completely wrong, and justifying it as a "low ball" makes no sense. If something is wrong, it is wrong, no matter how high balled or low balled it is.

Damage3245 said:
Yes you are, every feat or calc of bleach doesnt get accepted by you lol do you hate bleach so much or what

YukaSama4 said:
Damage3245 said:
Yes you are, every feat or calc of bleach doesnt get accepted by you lol do you hate bleach so much or what
He is like that with any verse he participate in , he just want things to be as clear cut as possible . It can be frustating sometimes but personal attack is not an awnser .

Then we'll just scale him to LS for outpacing the beam before it got to it's target lol.
You can argue for that if you want. I don't particularly care.

I'm just calling out a calc that has flaws to it.

Well, Damage has issues with it and won't budge so straight up LS is the option it seems. Doesn't seem too outlandish considering the calc is a lowball anyways.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
If it's being accepted why can't it be lowballed instead of highballed?
It's better to be safe.
Under some circumstances scaling the panel's border would make sense; if the panel was from Mask's perspective for example and took place before Renji arrived.

But instead the calc is currently scaling to a random panel after Renji arrived; there is no connection between the distance of Renji to the panel's border and the actual distance that Renji would have had to travel. Which makes it completely arbitrary and therefore pretty much useless as a calc.

Justifying it as "Well, the result is lowballed anyway so it doesn't matter" doesn't actually make the calc any more correct.

Damage3245 said:
Under some circumstances scaling the panel's border would make sense; if the panel was from Mask's perspective for example and took place before Renji arrived.

But instead the calc is currently scaling to a random panel after Renji arrived; there is no connection between the distance of Renji to the panel's border and the actual distance that Renji would have had to travel. Which makes it completely arbitrary and therefore pretty much useless as a calc.

Justifying it as "Well, the result is lowballed anyway so it doesn't matter" doesn't actually make the calc any more correct.
What is your proposal then ? would just scaling him to baseline LS be acceptable ?

I'd rather it be checked with more members of staff in its own thread if you can scale someone to directly to the speed of a projectile they intercept if their actual speed is unknown. I don't know whether that would be the best option, of if Renji would have to be listed as "possibly/likely" that rating.

Can't be possibly/likely when he completely superior to mask in everything and can speed blitz him in their fight and that just base renji vs base mask.

Amasnesotdrol said:
Can't be possibly/likely when he completely superior to mask in everything and can speed blitz him in their fight and that just base renji vs base mask.
Being superior to Mask doesn't really matter much, does it? It's not like Mask is as fast as his attack speed.

So, even if there might be some problems with the calculation, has this been accepted as a light beam at least?

Huh? Candice lighting and Yhwach auswählen has no issue with this, why mask beam is an exception. There are nothing to suggest that way as well, if the attack speed is far superior then it should've have been mention somewhere such as bala, gran rey cero, or buto renjin. But there are nothing in here, not only that but renji can easily block it, suggest there are really nothing special to it, later base renji cant even react to mask punches when go into full power form.

Okay. Does the calculation need to be redone before the result is applied then?

yes , the attack was accepted as being Light Speed.

The issue is now the scaling that will be taken care of in a another thread

This particular thread can be closed , i think.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Does the calculation need to be redone before the result is applied then?
The update to Mask can be applied, but I still think that the calc for Renji is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back