• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mask de Masculine attacks lightspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage3245 said:
Delta's lasers aren't relevant to this thread. Personally I'm not convinced that Detla's lasers have enough evidence to be solidly lightspeed, but that is a topic for another thread.
Amen to that.

Anyway, yeah. Disagree. I wouldn't even call that an actual case of reflecting, tbh. Seems like it could be the same as calling hitting a baseball reflecting.

The real cal howard said:
Damage3245 said:
Delta's lasers aren't relevant to this thread. Personally I'm not convinced that Detla's lasers have enough evidence to be solidly lightspeed, but that is a topic for another thread.
Amen to that.

Anyway, yeah. Disagree. I wouldn't even call that an actual case of reflecting, tbh. Seems like it could be the same as calling hitting a baseball reflecting.
Read my post about how there's no indication that Renji overpowered the attack like you're implying, he's just shown holding his sword there and the attack was reflected.

The real cal howard said:
Amen to that.

Ths isn't possible...literally talked about it above.

Zanpakuto are not part of the users soul, it is a sword that they imprint their soul onto to use their inherent power. They straight up get forged like normal swords (albeit on a bigger scale in some cases). The only thing you can argue to say it's not a normal material is that it's made of reishi but that argument is stupid and I like to think people won't resort to arguing such a thing.

the purpose of the magical mirror bit is incase they have special traits that allow it to reflect or whatever. Such as giving it attack reflection.

Zanpakuto are just swords at a base level, they're literally metal like what?

Also as Sigurd said, I don't even think the Magical mirrors segment would apply to Zanpakuto regardless.

They act just like their kishi counterpart beyond the hax inherent to Zanpakuto with the same properties such as weight. Unless you have actual evidence that isn't the ability of the Zanpakuto to say they are different from a basic sword, you are arguing for the sake of it.

MostPowerfull said:
But I'm curious how this will affect the scale of the characters, since I remember vaguely, that this is more at the beginning of the manga. But that's just it...
It's around chapter 561 which is in the final arc and a little less than halfway through it, but since it's a feat by Renji it'd probably be scaling to a lot of people

I don't think too many people would scale to it, Renji at this point is extremely strong after his Royal Guard training.

Purgy said:
I don't think too many people would scale to it, Renji at this point is extremely strong after his Royal Guard training.
Yeah, this scales to high tiers and god tiers at most, at least just god tiers

It would scale to almost everyone who got a power up before the final "battle" (I say almost cuz Sajin had a power up but is in a vacuum to the rest of the Gotei), the SS and possibly higher end Ritters.

And right when everything is finished... PLOT TWIST the final arc gets animated and a bunch of stuff is retconned because Kubo can do it without being rushed and has had people critique the final arc for like 8 years or something ovo

It would seem that me and Imade are neutral on the topic? Not sure about Imade just judging from his comment

Damage, Omimi, Astral and Cal seem to be against the beam being Lightspeed

Sekkonds, USK, Baki? Anonymousblank, Sigurd, Wrath, Purgy, Mostpowerful, TOAA, Naeblis, Prince of counters, Aernarsilvar, Amasnesotdrol seem to be for it Being light speed

From what i can gather it meets potentially 2 of the criteria for it being light speed

1. It is called a beam of light (though if it's spiritual light, magical light then it could disclude this argument as it wouldn't be made of Photons or light particles)

2. It reflects off a material that has shown the ability to reflect natural light

And it doesn't seem to go against any of the rules to show that it's not light i think

I think it's best if we get some more staff involved in the conversation yes

Not really? That's how light acts and is the case for any beam or most attacks tbh. It just means it's not an anti feat that takes away from the criteria the feat does meet. If a bullet travels straight, we are hardly gonna argue it is light speed as a result.

SheogorathMadness0 said:
Doesn't traveling in a straight line count as a criterion?
Quote from our light beam/lasers page

"Please note that the opposite of these criteria do not prove a beam is at lightspeed, merely that it could be, should it meet the first list of criteria. "

So basically travelling in a straight line doesn't prove it's LS but it's also a criteria that can't be used against it for it not being LS

This is interesting, a pity that has only two criteria, although I find it difficult in Bleach to have a databok or a quote from a character saying that this is real light.

1. It is called a beam of light (though if it's spiritual light, magical light then it could disclude this argument as it wouldn't be made of Photons or light particles)

I don't know how many times this needs to be explained.

This doesn't matter. in the spiritual world everything has spiritual aspects to it it's the very foundation for the realms existence.

These photons and everything are all spiritual. They're all reishi.

SheogorathMadness0 said:
This is interesting, a pity that has only two criteria, although I find it difficult in Bleach to have a databok or a quote from a character saying that this is real light.
U should look at the light fang lol. This site is just really strict even when it comes to databook statements

SheogorathMadness0 said:
@Sigurd
This is a good point, but would it be true that they would agree?
To be blunt, if anyone disagrees they shouldn't be here because according to their logic the sun in soul society doesnt have legit sunlight because it's spiritual lmao. So now the light within soul society wouldn't be light speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back