• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mask de Masculine attacks lightspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purgy said:
Is it really surprising that a Shinigami could interact with something that isn't suppose to be tangible though?

Also, even though Zanpakuto are reflective, all they are is just a manifestation of the users spirit, it's not real metal, so trying to say "A metal sword could interact with it and cause it to make sound", doesn't really work imo.
What?!!!

Are we really considering disregarding all prior evidence due to the sound it made when hitting Renji's Zanpakuto? Come on now...

Do we have any precedent for how beams of light are colored in Bleach?

It meets two, it's clearly reflecting once it hits Renji's sword and it's called a Beam of Light.

The techniques user (The guy who presumeably knows all there is to know about his own technique) isn't a knowledgeable source? What?

I never said it had more than two, but you attacking an argument I never made is called a Strawman, the only arguments I've made in this thread was it reflecting and it being called Light.

AstralKing7 said:
It didn't meet any other. It wasn't called light at all by a knowledgeable source.

Also these are just two standards anyway. Other verses get put through more than just this when it comes to requirements
So the user himself isn't a knowledgeable source? And nice note that you brought other verses cause we just got delta's beam accepted by achieveng one standard only and there are multiple accepted verses like it "not saying they're wrong but 2 are more than enough"

"Please note that the opposite of these criteria do not prove a beam is at lightspeed, merely that it could be, should it meet the first list of criteria. "

The beam travelling straight and not exploding aren't proof it's lightspeed, rather just not not proof that it's light speed

It really only meets 2 criteria

1. It's called a beam of light by a (reliable source?)

2. It reflects

There are multiple arguments for the Light in that thread not just one.

Assuming the translations for the Novel are correct and the Novel itself is canon then I don't see an issue with it being LS, I guess the only counter argument would be criticizing the fact that you're assuming Delta's lasers are the same as the Gun Lasers from the Novel, but that's pretty much it really.

Purgy said:
There are multiple arguments for the Light in that thread not just one.
Yup i just saw that thread,my bad

technically speaking they are 2

- It is stated to be made of photons or light itself - It has its origin at a realistic source of light

Most of the staff their said that 2 are more than enough OwO

Delta's lasers aren't relevant to this thread. Personally I'm not convinced that Detla's lasers have enough evidence to be solidly lightspeed, but that is a topic for another thread.

That's true, Delta's does have only two of the requirements as far as I can tell. So saying that two isn't enough makes you seem kinda biased (If you said Delta's was fine).

Also USK

"Refracting in a reflective material" is a wrong statement here, it reflected didn't refract, refraction is a change in angle due to the material that the light is travelling through, reflection is when Light bounces off an object and moves direction

Yes, it was reflected, I wrote the wrong one, but I already fixed it.

TataHakai said:
Is wrong, the light itself wouldn't change shape, what you're thinking of is the shadow created by the triangle because Light is being blocked by it, that example really doesn't apply here i don't think
The shape of the Laser will change, if you shoot it in the dark, you will see the light in the shape of a triangle, but that does not interfere in the thing.

Purgy said:
That's true, Delta's does have only two of the requirements as far as I can tell. So saying that two isn't enough makes you seem kinda biased (If you said Delta's was fine).
Yes, besides, Laser Delta has an anti-talent, the Laser Mask does not.

USklaverei said:
Purgy said:
Yes, besides, Laser Delta has an anti-talent,
What is it?

Ah yes, emoji comments which add a lot to the thread. Anyway I'm not seeing any counter evidence for the attack being LS, it's quite similar to Delta's stuff along with Madara's Light Fang.

@Prince of Counters; I'm pretty sure Madara's Light Fang was explicitly stated to be lightspeed.

The Prince of Counters said:
Ah yes, emoji comments which add a lot to the thread. Anyway I'm not seeing any counter evidence for the attack being LS, it's quite similar to Delta's stuff along with Madara's Light Fang.
It's not like Madara's light fang, that one has a lot more evidence but it does seem to be somewhat similar to Delta's one

Though i do think we should stop bringing other verses into this, regardless of who started it, focus only on the topic and the page for which the topic is centered around

Meets 2 of requirements which are stated to be light and being reflected and suffers none of negatives listed on the page that would suggest it isn't. Nowhere is it stated you need 3 or even all of them.

We don't require feats to need every single requirement, but I do think having at least three is a good level of evidence. Especially since neither of the two evidences presented is an explicit statement of speed.

You don't need an explicit speed statement, there would be literally no point arguing if it's just called light speed. and I know that you know damn well every laser accepted isn't sitting at 3+ So what you're saying is an arbritary number of what it should be.

@Sigurd, well, yes. I'm just stating my opinion on what it should be. Hence why I'm not happy with some other feats being accepted either.

We got shit tons of verses accepted as light speed with 2 requirements,most of the staff agreed that 2 requirements are more than enough to get it accepted as light speed

But hey bleach must get a special treatment on here

The beam reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror

how is Zanpakuto count as normal material when its magical weapon

I don't see anything wrong with the feat and it really is quite similar to the feat of Delta and thousands more that were accepted here on this Wiki (and Delta's Lasers are not tangible, kek! I don't know where IMade got it from and explosions are not anti-feat, because no laser in fiction faithfully follows the principles of a laser). Madara LS literally follows virtually all requirements of a Natural Laser, with the exception of refraction. It is not part of the topic here, so don't even start...

Nothing says that it needs several requirements to be accepted. Although, it is good not to have serious anti-feats, like bending, as happened with the OPM G4 Laser.

But I'm curious how this will affect the scale of the characters, since I remember vaguely, that this is more at the beginning of the manga. But that's just it...

Because Zanpakutō are essentially normal swords beyond their hax (if they have any), none of which includes attack reflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back