• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover: Lightspeed Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
And still, why would you make his reaction speed slower than the thing he reacted to if said reaction was calced to be faster and nothing contradicts his reaction speed being this high?

Light Magic being the fastest only matter for things that Light Magic actually affects. Light Magic hasn't shown to affect one's reaction speed so it shouldn't be used to contradicts someone with faster reactions
Because it contradicts light speed being a cap for the verse for a good chunk of the series.

Calcs are closer to headcanon than actual statements at the end of the day.

Because it contradicts light speed being a cap for the verse for a good chunk of the series.

Calcs are closer to headcanon than actual statements at the end of the day.
My point is that was never said to be a cap in reaction speed in the first place.

If I were to calc a reaction speed for Patry that puts him at FTL, we're gonna discard it because we treat his magic as being faster than him for some reason?

If you can convince me that Julius's statements are also referring to reaction speed, you may have a point.

No need to be a smart about it.
But everyone is claiming he was off guard, which is just false. While I do agree with his statement about him being careless, this does not refute the fact that someone moving apparently 2x slower than him could travel dozens of meters before he could give off an reaction.

first of all, it absolutely does refute this point of argument.

Secondly, I am neutral. I see KT side and his opp side of the argument as valid. So even tho KT makes sense, some of your interpretations are just wrong. Not just you but some of us here in the thread, that’s why I just want this closed and KT’s points applied. One of the calcs turned out to be valid but I don’t mind the rest of the BoS characters getting a downgrade.

My point is that was never said to be a cap in reaction speed in the first place.

If I were to calc a reaction speed for Patry that puts him at FTL, we're gonna discard it because we treat his magic as being faster than him for some reason?

If you can convince me that Julius's statements are also referring to reaction speed, you may have a point.
Since when was speed differentiated much at all within the verse? You're asserting there's a noticeable difference without much of any proof of this.

Take Julius for example. He says Patry's magic is faster than his own (attack speed), then he needs to anticipate into the future to even keep up with him and still can't catch him (combat speed) and Patry can evade Julius's time bubble even when attacked directly from behind (reaction speed)

Don't base an argument on "what ifs".

We'll cross the bridge of calcing FTL reactions when you actually manage to calculate FTL reactions

first of all, it absolutely does refute this point of argument.
How so? Even if he didn’t expect him to move that fast, this contradicts the idea that he can react to light speed or even be 2x faster than it.
Yami doesn’t give an reaction until after his movement ends and the guy travels way over 10 meters.

He doesn't state this, he confirms the attack is light speed. He never questions it or suggests it could be, the statement directly confirms its LS. The fact that you believe that a plot device implemented by the author (Gauche) that is relaying information to us viewers is incorrect despite him lying having no importance to the narrative is astonishing to me. He's literally being used to give his a direct number of the speed of this attack. The only reason this doesn't work for you is because you're so stuck on the belief that his normal are light speed despite there being statement or implications of such. You're quite literally stuck on headcanon
How did you know it's an author statement? Lol your argument is very weak against mine cus that argument cannot take away the argument that he couldn't see it thus making his statement unreliable

You're calling him a liar based on the argument of "he thinks his attack is lightspeed because it's light"

On top of not being able to see it making his statement unreliable, it's like using a statement from a blind man to confirmed someone speed lmao anyway I'll try to check the raw version to know the exact words he said in that chapter later later. Anyway put me on disagreement with all except the Julius= Lucius part I'm neutral of that

On top of not being able to see it making his statement unreliable, it's like using a statement from a blind man to confirmed someone speed
I hope you know there's many ways to sense speed for things you can't see right?

How did you know it's an author statement?
I never stated that. It’s undeniably a fact that these aren’t sentient beings. They’re literally drawings on a paper, the idea that a direct statement giving us information about an ability is false because “they could be lying” or “he could be wrong” is just pure bliss. They’re plot devices relaying information directly from the author. You can deny it all you want, but the only thing contradicting this statement is your own belief of Patry’s normal attacks being light speed which is never stated, suggested or implied anywhere.
Lol your argument is very weak against mine cus that argument cannot take away the argument that he couldn't see it thus making his statement unreliable
You can choose to be ignorant, not my problem.

You say this despite literally using headcanon yourself

Light speed is just flat-out a cap for the verse throughout a good chunk of the series.
Oh yeah the almighty BC expert, the next thing i will hear shit from you is that MFTL+ Yami is okay but my SOL - FTL Yami is not 🥱
I never stated that. It’s undeniably a fact that these aren’t sentient beings. They’re literally drawings on a paper, the idea that a direct statement giving us information about an ability is false because “they could be lying” or “he could be wrong” is just pure bliss. They’re plot devices relaying information directly from the author. You can deny it all you want, but the only thing contradicting this statement is your own belief of Patry’s normal attacks being light speed which is never stated, suggested or implied anywhere.
Information could be wrong specially this one considering the one who stated it can't even see it, it's base on assumptions and not by a facts. I would have agree that it's not an assumption or false if he can see it but he can't

Oh yeah the almighty BC expert, the next thing i will hear shit from you is that MFTL+ Yami is okay but my SOL - FTL Yami is not 🥱
If your only rebuttal is less than witty remarks, people ain't gonna take your arguments seriously

Seriously, it's really not a good look if you're like this to anyone who dares disagree with you

😂
Information could be wrong specially this one considering the one who stated it can't even see it, it's base on assumptions and not by a facts. I would have agree that it's not an assumption or false if he can see it but he can't
Are you just gonna straight up ignore the narrative argument? I could careless what you believe, proof its unreliable and contradictory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back