• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel DeMatteis Word of God Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so what I'm implying is:

Nexus: A singular Nexus Fragment allowed a Human to become one with Everything in the Creator's Dream, which should include Eternity, as WoG, Oblivion, and Ka'dmon heavily indicate he's in the Creator's Dream. The Fragments are High 1-A, but due to how much they amps, a Nexus Fragment merging with another back into the Nexus would apply the Human--> High 1-A leap to an High 1-A Fragment, and since the gap between High 1-A & 0 is akin to High 1-A & 1-A, it would result in 0.

Keep in mind that even if you disagree with them, the amp Man-Thing gets by merging with The Nexus would still grant him that tier, which would affect these Titans in DeMatteis Storyline Amped Man-Thing (3rd strongest), Amped Scrier (2nd Strongest) , and Daydreamers Franklin (1st : He's unironically ridiculous)

The Divine Creator: 0 (He's the Creator of the Dream and Nexus. He's literally stated to be The One Above All and his equivalent, so narration implies he's at least supposed to be comparable. If one variant is stronger I'll leave that up to others to decide)

Ka'dmon: 0 (He's stated to be a threat to The Divine Creator. Even if the idea he doesnt scale fully, the one who made the statement is aware of The Divine Creator's being the creator of the Nexus since they were there to hear it, so it'd at least mean he's in this league even if he isn’t an outright somewhat comparable being)

Man-Thing / Ted Salis: 0 via various haxes, amps, and with his job as The Men of Lineage

Fallen Stars: 0 (The Divine Creator's Emotions given Manifest. The Fallen Stars are described as capable of warping the Nexus, which requires significantly affecting it. Above Amped Strange who holds off the collapse of the entire Cosmology)

Power of Love Spidey: 0 (Holds back tbe Nexus. Defeats the Amped Walrider who curbstomps the Nexus Guardian who could handle the Nexus' powers by herself)

Job Burke: 0 (Above Ka'dmon)

Daydreamers Franklin: Unironically 0 (He unironically has the best feats and scaling to this through Man-Thing by how insanely casual he scales to the most Amped Man-Thing. While he is very important to DeMatteis stories and the events of Heroes Reborn plays a critical role in almost every major DeMatteis comic at the time, he only has 1 appearance so it's likely he wouldn't get a key)
There's also Maya and the lords of shamballa

Tbh it's pretty clear toaa and creator are the same
I don't think they are the same (or, at least not essentially). Since, the divine creator is based on the perception of God that J.M DeMatteis has, who has also said that he is the "real God, not a comic book character"something, well, weird? In short, the divine creator explicitly does not belong to the theme of Kabbalah in Judaism, while TOAA is clearly based on the Ein Sof of Kabbalah (or, at least, that is how Al Ewing uses it). So I don't think they are the same. The ways to correlate them, I would say are more headcanon than anything. That is what I think.

There's also Maya and the lords of shamballa
Maya would scale to 0 via heavy implications of being Cleito / The Illusion of Reality. And the Lords would upscale.

Man-Thing is getting the Swamp-Thing treatment
Heh. Yeah I noticed this and it's pretty funny.
I worded that wrong because I was trying to make it ironic with an uncanny character with levels of powers beyond all measure.

Miranda and Wiccan as the Demiurge somewhat come to mind. Not to mention the bleakness of Al Ewing's writing with those who began the process of Creation making.
Ah okay. Yeah Miranda was a weird one... Wiccan at least was gradually built up to becoming what he ended up as, Miranda just showed up out of nowhere

Last edited:
Spiderman (love)>scrier>man-thing

So yeah under this scale he would be high outer
Normally, Yes, but Amped Scrier and Amped Man-Thing though are absurdly powerful on the scale. Amped Man-Thing is who gave Power of Love Spidey his amp. The writer even admitted it was akin to Spidey becoming his Herald, which is ridiculous considering his powerful feats in Annual 1999

Even without using Word of God this seems fairly obvious. Both of them view Spidey and Walrider as just tools. Amped Scrier makes this even clearer for Walrider as being just an aspect of his power, which is ridiculous, considering well, he was dead even with Power of Love Spidey and admittedly they were equal in the fight, representing the epitome of the concepts of Love & Hate.

Even without using Word of God this seems fairly obvious. Both of them view Spidey and Walrider as just tools. Amped Scrier makes this even clearer for Walrider as being just an aspect of his power, which is ridiculous, considering well, he was dead even with Power of Love Spidey and admittedly they were equal in the fight, representing the epitome of the concepts of Love & Hate.
are there any other just like Spidey 99 that will get a high tier?

As Scathan said, Beyonder Spider-Man would scale to High 1-A as he's supposed to be PR Beyonder prior to the Beyonders retcon.

Cosmic Comic amp Spidey is just straight up High 1-A

Aye, the standards of new keys for comics are such, that even Enigma Force Spider-Man was on chopping block, so Beyonder and Power of Love is out of question unfortunately.

The Rune King Thor and Herald of Thunder keys are exceptions because they are important to the character, but the general standard for having keys is for them to have at least 15 appearances
Wait, it just dawned on me... Aren't Thanos' Astral Regulator and HotU keys from non-canon stories? And ones that have like... idk 5 issues each?

Wait, it just dawned on me... Aren't Thanos' Astral Regulator and HotU keys from non-canon stories? And ones that have like... idk 5 issues each?
Idk if non canon is the right word
The Rune King Thor and Herald of Thunder keys are exceptions because they are important to the character, but the general standard for having keys is for them to have at least 15 appearances
I'd say that the amps are decently important even if they don't appear much

Well before we can really do anything Luis, we need to wait for the CRT considering the High 1-A Tiers (which considering it's current track probably won't really be that long at all considering the streams of staff support it has so far) . After it finishes, we can discuss who is the most notable for a profile / key of DeMatteis' Marvel material.

Thanks for the bump Excel.
So uh I remembered that Earth-1218 is a concept consistently explored by DeMatteis in the earlier comics, which we found out from later depictions of the concept that Earth-1218 is the House of Ideas and if not directly stated to be it it's always referred to as something extremely akin to it in nature. So that makes High 1-A / 1-A+ (if High 1-A is rejected in the cosmology thread) DeMatteis all but confirmed in theory. But this confirms three things:
  • Divine Creator & TOAA can't really be the same person because how they view the House of Ideas / Earth 1218 is very different (one as a Dream [Divine Creator], the other as a place of dwelling where they create the cosmology [TOAA])
  • High 1-A through DeMatteis viewpoint scaling wise takes place really early in his run [like... When Silver Surfer & The Thing was fighting The Messiah levels of early as Messiah would scale to it due to the fact The Messiah was about to end the entirety of existence in their fight. BTW Silver Surfer in those runs was explained to have a cosmic calling and they explained near the end why he was so strong in DeMatteis stories so he's fine for now].
  • It also makes 0 extremely easy to argue if High 1-A is accepted, because it'd make the amp the nexus fragment gives them from a human to High 1-A. And since Silver Surfer got amped by a nexus fragment, the amp he got would make him 0, and it'd make Ka'dmon (who fought the nexus fragment amped Silver Surfer) scale to 0 and thusly the God-Tiers in DeMatteis Marvel works get upgraded

He'd be a ridiculously powerful smurf via various High 1-A / 0 haxes like the Dreamer of Existence hax and him being able to handle High 1-A / 0 Energies being contained inside him. Physically unsure what he'd scale to exactly since his physical portrayals are all over the place, but the hax makes him undeniably a smurf no matter where his physicals end up at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back