• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys taking my silly little gamer post seriously?

In Mario Party Advance Bowser claims to have an IQ of 9,800 before revealing that he's pulled a Dr. Frankenstein and created sentient monsters in his lab that Mario or whoever you're playing has has to duel with in a minigame. Creating living beings through the power of science is yet another great example of Bowsers often overlooked intelligence.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdxukAkmYo (Starting at the 29:28 mark)

If Bowser is a gamer, then he should be tier 0 as all gamers transcend any type of fiction, including verses such as Marvel or any type of myth. Gamers solo.

He should be beyond even Tier 0 tbh since he called himself a gamer "without compare" which puts him massively above any other gamer.

Super Genius is pretty stretch; it's generally for characters who can produce Tier 2 and above reality warping technologies from scratch in a relatively short time frame. Extraordinary Genius on the other hand is fine.

Brainstorm has a ranking of super genius based solely off of his IQ. Is that an error? I know it used to read Extraordinary Genius. Interestingly, 9800 is 32 times higher than Dr. Eggman's. This is interesting because they were shown to become friends in the Mario & Sonic Olympic Games series, though I don't know if that's canon. It's odd to think of Bowser as the smarter of the two.

Also, sorry, but you know someone had to do this joke:

"What does the device say about his IQ level?"

"It's over 9000!"

"Over 9000?! There's no way that can be right!"

Brainstorm's IQ is a ridiculously high number, plus his intelligence is comparable to those who have similar feats such as producing universal reality warping technologies from scratch. And yeah, I do find it humorous for Bowser Jr to have a higher IQ rating than Eggman. Then again, Alakazam has an IQ that exceeds 5000, yet why aren't they dominate over mankind?

To be fair, I feel like the Marioverse is close to having a Super Genius. Either from Bowser, Jr., or E.Gadd. But yeah. Not there quite yet.

Yeah, they are close. And would have had one from the idea of Fawful and Dimentio merging. But sadly, not quite. The Multiversal Super Geniuses idea would have been awesome.

So something I noticed in Yoshis New Island is that Bowser gets reduced to a mix of small stars and some kind of dark energy or mist after Yoshi beats him and then as said stars and energy / mist he flys back into view of Yoshi before flying into the giant portal that he used to time travel to the events of this game, and then obviously he's fine in the next game after this.

Like I said, Bowser likely has type 4 immortality. Either that, or it's an effect of the extra lives, which are not a game mechanic unlike most games.

Actually, I don't think it's easy to permanently die in the Marioverse. We see people go through things that should kill them regularly, and they always come back. I don't recall any character in the Mario games ever being permanently killed off. Heck, it's implied that Bowser wouldn't permanently kill Mario even if he could. To quote the Mario wiki: "In addition, it is implied that, despite his animosity to Mario and, to a certain extent, Luigi, even he would never attempt to actually have them destroyed, as when Bowletta, while disguised as Bowser, ordered for the Koopa Troop to "destroy" Mario, Captain Goomba was suspicious of him since he knows that that kind of talk was extremely harsh even with Bowser's characteristic hatred towards Mario."

One-up items should make it difficult to permanently destroy someone in the Marioverse. A notable exception is when Dimentio tried to erase everything in existence.

If it's the infinite lives thing again, I think that was still rejected.

Not infinite lives. Just the fact resurrection is a canon ability and has been referenced. But I think people still are hesitant with that.

Alright then, yes life shrooms are legit resurrection and stuff.

Don't know if he already has it but King Boo showed off some new powers in LM3 that can potentially be a big boon in a fight.

Also Boos in LM3 are legitimate threats that ******* attack you with bombs, spins, and can summon bats. They should really get a profile like the Goombas and Koopas.

I'm actually working on a profile for Boos, alongside other enemies like Shy Guys and Magikoopas. Also been a hot minute since I beat LM3 so could you give a quick reminder of King Boos new abilities?

I added the doctorates to all the unlocked pages. Locked ones (Donkey Kong (Character), Bowser, Wario, Yoshi) still need them though. Also, there are the intelligence upgrades, with Wario deserving Extraordinary Genius for inventing mind control helmets and a device capable of taking him inside TV as well as being able to run his own microgames company. Wario should also have mind control and Immersion listed due to optional equipment.

You know, the main cast, be they villains, heroes, or somewhere in the grey area, are extremely smart. It really makes the ****rdation of the Goombas and the dumber Koopa turtles (the ones who walk off cliffs in the first game) stand out. Even some of the Koopas can build spaceships, which makes the stupidity of the green shelled ones in the first game (the red shelled ones do not walk off cliffs, the manual says they are too afraid to do so but I'd say they're just not morons like their green shelled cousins) stand out. Seriously, you have a verse with women who can earn doctorates and run their own kingdoms, men who can become doctors and fight off alien invasions as infants, a guy who invented a machine to take him inside TV land, and a creature with a nearly 10000 IQ and his even smarter son, and the same verse as creatures dumb enough to walk off cliffs.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
Interestingly, 9800 is 32 times higher than Dr. Eggman's. This is interesting because they were shown to become friends in the Mario & Sonic Olympic Games series, though I don't know if that's canon. It's odd to think of Bowser as the smarter of the two.
This is derrail but even in the Olympic games Eggman, Tails and Nega are portrayed as smarter than Bowser and Jr, as seen in the latest one where Eggman is the one who made the special virtual game and Bowser only helped in Magic, and Bowser realied on Eggman to know how it worked because he didn't understand, and Jr literaly needed Nega's help because he as well couldn't understand, same with the heroes needing Tails as well

Also I am almost sure we don't use simply IQ feats for inteligence but feats, it's even in the inteligence page

Bowser helps out magically in the new Olympics game? Neat, nice to see developers who don't work on mainline games actually acknowledge the dudes a wizard. Yeah we don't use IQ as a feat of intelligence (Except for the crab alien from Ben 10 who's sole justification for his intelligence is his absurdly high IQ, but it is interesting to see someone who's often (and very wrongly) mistaken as stupid having an IQ of nearly 10,000.

Also no icky Sonic fans allowed on this thread, I banish you from any and all Mario discussions

God damn it, someday someone other than mainline Mario devs will remember he can use magic

Also has anyone heard about the news regarding the Mario movie? They're apparently taking heavy inspiration from the Super Mario Adventures comics for it.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Genius is basically Albert Einstein or Isaac Newton level, Extrodinary Genius is having the mind of a super computer, or being able to built super advanced technologies from scratch. And Super Genius is basically the ability to construct Tier 2 or above reality warping technologies from scratch in a short time frame. Being really smart in general without in depth context is simply Gifted.
However, I can see Mario and Luigi being geniuses. And I recall Wario actually has Extraordinary Genius intelligence feats.
I always wondered what makes one a genius or supergenius...

King Boo can create storms capable of producing lightning, although the latter part is nothing new. He also can extend his tongue out super far and use it as a weapon. He can produce fireballs, and the big one, can duplicate himself as much as three times that all can perform the same attacks. Granted, these duplicates seem to not have any mass as they don't produce shockwaves when slamming into the ground and will poof awau should the main King Boo be attacked. Also direct showings of telekinesis, size manipulation from the frame he grows to larger than the hotel, and he can produce bombs like the Boos so it's also quite likely he can summon bats as well. It should alsl be worth noting that Luigi's lights do absolutely nothing to the guy. Most bosses, NPCs, and enemies react in some way to the light (some even reacting in time to block and/ir reflect it) and Boos are susceptible to the Dark Light thing, but King Boo literally doesn't get phased.

He also directly created Spirit Balls, which are indeed little ghosts that have their own sentience, and his gem, upon dissipating, mellows the ghosts that were in the hotel, greatly implying he was the source of their hostility and mischief and that they're normally friendly. He doesn't need the Dark Moon anymore.

Also of note is the three magicians who can manipulate the floor your on to become a jumbled up mesh of a maze as well as take you into some pocket reality or something much like the LM1 Boss Ghosts. Certain rooms with a portion of the map (filled with mountains, stars, and even the Moon, can all be found in differing locations that they previously were. Likely just some minor spatial manipulation but still worth noting.

Lme is also impressive in a basic look at direct feats since Luigi can lift and slam a huge grand piano, tear off thick steel doors and even smash then to pieces, and can fend of ghosts capable of manipulating large pirate ships. There's also Gooigi, his Poltergust being able to disarm people and dispel thing backwards should he feel pressured or surrounded, his light being something NPCs (just E.Gadd), bosses, and normal enemies can react to. The size of things he can suck up and the sheer quantities and strategies he employs are also particularly noteworthy at leaat for DB so they can not downplay him should he return. Also some attack reflection via the Gust as well as the blast of air being able to knock projectiles back, particularly useful against the DJ boss when she throws her records.

They shall get them soon. Also new trailer for a Mario Maker 2 update popped up (About time, been waiting months for this) and includes new enemies in the form of Spikes and Pokeys, new blocks like Ice Coins, P-Blocks that kinda act like the P Switch blocks in SMW, and in the 3D World style they've added dash panels. And in the the SMB style they've added a Master Sword power up that turns your player character into Link complete with sword stabs, downward thrusts, pegasus boots, bows, and bombs. Also a new speed running mode where Nintendo add new courses for everyone to speedrun with other players besides yourself being represented by Ninjis. Very cool stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back