• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured it was some form of non-physical interaction seeing as how magic is either energy or some mystical force and he can bounce off of it but I guess.

Mario already has attack reflection and non-physical interaction for other reasons.

I believe it comes from the Counter badge from one of the Paper Mario games.

Odd, it says his cape has it though that's false as it only blocks projectiles. It only reflects in Super Smash Bros. But god Mario's cape is good in Smash Bros, I've made good comebacks using the cape off stage by reversing people via cape. Mario (including Joker and Lucas) mains rise up.

Also feeling fine badge has mario resistance to probability manipulation since it makes him immune to dizzy effect which makes mario unable to move and make him miss

I don't think that's resistance to probability manipulation because the dizzy effect is you being dizzy so it's logical that you have a higher chance of missing.

Most of those 4-A feats come from Creation or harming characters who have 4-A Creation. I don't really think creating a 4-A realm is combat applicable, since it does not corelate to striking strength.

Also, can we give the other characters their doctorates and upgrade Mario's intelligence to Genius yet?

Creation feats have been scaled to striking strength before. Usually if something contradicts it like them being physically weak then it's an issue. This isn't the case.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
Most of those 4-A feats come from Creation or harming characters who have 4-A Creation. I don't really think creating a 4-A realm is combat applicable, since it does not corelate to striking strength.
Also, can we give the other characters their doctorates and upgrade Mario's intelligence to Genius yet?
We have creation feats being combat applicable most of the time, Zelda (Majora and Demise most notably), Castlevania (Dracula and Brauner), Dragon Ball (Shin in particular is tier 4 due to creating stars) are just a few examples. It also helps if characters can tank attacks that come from the same powers that create said realms, Mario can tank attacks from beings directly empowered by a Power Star which has 4-A power for example. It's a common standard here to scale creation feats like this with the occasional exception.

I'm just saying, I don't see how creating a star would mean you are capable of attacking someone with star level AP. Creation and Striking Strength have nothing to do with each other. The only way creating a house for example would give you combat applicable 9-A AP would be by creating it above an opponent to crush them. If they can move the stars they can create, that would at least give them stellar lifting strength, and if they were in space, they could use the star as a weapon. Zeus, Hercules, and Hades all get a pass since Hercules could actually lift the sun as a mortal, and Zeus was shown casually rearranging stars. Otherwise, if a character has not demonstrated the ability to channel the energy they use to create something into raw destructive power, we should probably not assume they can. If they demonstrate the ability to destroy what they created, they deserve a pass. I am not aware of any such thing in the Marioverse.

If you have enough energy to create a star, then you'd also be able to exert enough energy to destroy a star.

We've had countless discussions about Creation Vs Destruction; and conclusion is that creation is effeminately an AP feat.

I'm glad Mario still has the Smash Bros. Melee Up Special on his profile

Smash is already taken as not canon, so it should be removed.

It's technically an attack he uses in every Mario platformer; though mostly for punching blocks. I think it's fine to stay. Altered perhaps, but not removed.

Yeah just some minor alterations to make it more in line with canon than ripping it from Smash Bros is fine. Speaking of which we also have the Negative Zone listed as a notable technique for Luigi despite it being exclusive to Smash Bros.

Daisy should be gifted considering she's both a doctor and the ruler of her own kingdom. Bowser Jr should be considered a prodigy for becoming a doctor at such a young age, not at all like the naïve, gullible idiot that he is in SuperMarioLogan. It's kind of weird seeing Bowser being a doctor who helps people, but than again, he always was Affably Evil. He would always go karting, partying, or playing sports with Mario and his friends. He also clearly cares a great deal for his people and the Koopa Kingdom. He even complemented Mario on his outfit in Super Mario Odyssey before their battle. He always did have the aura of an anti-villain to him.

Actually, that was an ability outright confirmed by Nintendo based on what a couple other users said. There was lore about Luigi living in Mario's Shadow for so long, that he obtained those powers. I could be wrong, but Dino Ranger Black might confirm that if it's true.

Also, no Mario character is like their SML counterparts; that stuff is fanfiction.

Are feats from Hotel Mario acceptable? Or... Mario is Missing? Cause I believe Bowser gets frozen and shattered to pieces in one of those games yet he came back in his next appearance. And again, blowing up and poofing out of existence upon defeat are things that's happened to Bowser and a few other bosses before yet they still come back. Definitely feel like an upgrade/added ability has to come fron those.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
It's kind of weird seeing Bowser being a doctor who helps people, but than again, he always was Affably Evil. He would always go karting, partying, or playing sports with Mario and his friends. He also clearly cares a great deal for his people and the Koopa Kingdom. He even complemented Mario on his outfit in Super Mario Odyssey before their battle. He always did have the aura of an anti-villain to him.
Yeah that's what I like about Bowser, the dude isn't straight up evil. Even though they betrayed him and worked for Fawful he still forgave the Elite Trio and allowed them back into his ranks at the end of Inside Story and even brought them along as some of his most trusted minions in Dream Team, he also has unconditional love for his son and while Paper Jam may have not been the best I still really loved the scene where he gets really angry at Mario and Luigi for beating Bowser Jr. Plus there's Super Paper Mario where at first he seems to only join the heroes in stopping Count Bleck because he can't rule the world if it's destroyed, but he's shown to be just as disgusted as everyone else with all the destruction Count Bleck and the Void causes, he willingly sacrifices himself by holding up that portion of Blecks castle so everyone including O' Chunks can escape to safety and stop Count Bleck. Dude is evil, but can have a heart of gold when he wants to.

Those games aren't considered canon because Nintendo didn't publish those games. The Educational games were published by the Software Toolworks.

@Dust, and yeah; Bowser is an excellent character for all those reasons.

I'm glad profiles for those non-canon Mario games don't have a profile by now.

The flying Mario head from Mario Teacher Typing would be funny on matches.

The being blown up and proofing out of existence things are in many canon games, at least

But I suppose for the opening sentence it just wasn't a good time for a picnic

Bobsican said:
I'm glad profiles for those non-canon Mario games don't have a profile by now.

The flying Mario head from Mario Teacher Typing would be funny on matches.
I believe Hotel Mario and Mario is Missing gives that incarnation of Mario Building, likely higher stats due to a fan blowing away a hotel's worth of clouds and characters surviving that as well as I think a storm creation feat? He also can avoid lightning in Hotel Mario. Would definitely be funny.

I think we actually have a profile for Mario from Hotel Mario. Also regarding the bosses coming back from being poofed outta existence, given the sites rules about off screen regen feats I don't think a lot of bosses would actually get regen, if they poof and don't come back quickly enough and only show up much later in the game or in the next game with no explanation we unfortunately don't consider it regen as they could have been brought back by someone else. However I'm pretty sure Bowser kinda just shows up not too long after being blown up and poofed outta existence, you mentioned 3D World eariler so I went and checked and sure enough he blows up into fireworks and not too long after is trapped in a bottle as shown during the credits so given the short timeframe he's probably fine to get better regen.

DatOneWeeb said:
Bowser Jr was also able to create some type of liquid that was able to resurrect his dad and give him back all of his organs and skin in NSB.
According to the RPGs, he gets taught by Bowser and Kamek so it's likely either one knows that resurrection serum's recipe as well. It fits with Kamek's healing as well since it was shown to not be able to heal critical damage, though knowing Mario, this is likely to be made some obscure limit never shown again.

Dust Collector said:
I think we actually have a profile for Mario from Hotel Mario. Also regarding the bosses coming back from being poofed outta existence, given the sites rules about off screen regen feats I don't think a lot of bosses would actually get regen, if they poof and don't come back quickly enough and only show up much later in the game or in the next game with no explanation we unfortunately don't consider it regen as they could have been brought back by someone else. However I'm pretty sure Bowser kinda just shows up not too long after being blown up and poofed outta existence, you mentioned 3D World eariler so I went and checked and sure enough he blows up into fireworks and not too long after is trapped in a bottle as shown during the credits so given the short timeframe he's probably fine to get better regen.
Well, to be fair, you can actually see Koopas resurrect from the dead in Galaxy and enemies in Odyssey resurrect as well. And the Broodals literally poof during their boss rush on the Moon after defeat but show up again with their mech. This is also shown in Bowser's Kingdom by Hariet and Topper where you battle them, they explode/poof, and then show up in the mech at the end.

Another possible one could be for Bowser Jr.'s Yoshi creations, who can dissipate in water but they will resurrect back inside their eggs. Granted, they can't do anything until getting a fruit, but it's still an example of regen that makes his other graffiti creation's regen feats consistent and backs his ability to create things with pretty good regen/immortality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back