• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remembered that Bowser in Mario Party 5 was going to destroy all the good dreams one by one yet another Low 2-C feat and replace them with his own dreams. Bowser says he'll ruin certain dreams by shoving his own dreams into them, and he can freely travel between the dream worlds by his own power. So another example besides SM64 of his Dimensional Travel and ruining dreams by forcibly adding in his own sounds pretty obviously like Dream Manipulation.

I thought the Mario Party 5 feats was simply treated as a corruption feat rather than an AP one. Though, would still be a good range feat.

Yeah it's not really an AP feat, but corrupting dreams that are their own universes is still really impressive and pretty haxed.

The more we discuss this, the more Tier 2 Base Mario seems to be becoming a thing. Though, I think it was also recalled that Bowser had some kind of prep time for this. Don't know full details on that, but yeah.

Yeah there wasn't any prep time, Bowser just jumped in and was like "Time to destroy some dreams I guess".

You know, it's funny that I forgot about another tier 2 feat for Mario. Mouser's nightmare bombs can destroy entire dreams. Mario and co can survive the bombs and Mouser himself can as well...neat.

So we have:

Bowser destroying dreams.

Mouser destroying dreams.

Mario defeating Grand Star users.

Wario defeating Black Jewel.

Surviving the destruction of Sammer Kingdom.

Bowser surviving the black hole.

Low 2-C Mario when? ovo

Sorry I just need some clarification here. Are grand stars low 2-C for powering the galaxy reactor? if so, could I please get a source for that? I can't really find anything.

Culex is also stated to have power that rules over all creation in the Japanese version. And Mario + Co defeated him after a hard battle. Might add a bit more consistency...

Mouser's example kinda sounds a bit too flowery tbh, but the other ones are legit. And it's in the profile mentioning that Grand Stars, have "The power to warp the very fabric of the universe", and there is a bunch of statements through Super Mario Galaxy 2 regarding "Space and Time".

I know Culex use to have a Low 2-C rating and that he has the power to consume time. And if the Japanese version has more elaborate details, it should be shared.

I don't see an issue with it. Sweet dreams obviously refers to peoples "good" dreams. Anyways, Culex states:

"Crystaller"
I am formed from the supreme power.
None in this world surpass me.
Across time, from this world's beginning to its end, I am the inheritor of the ultimate of Two.
Now you will realize my strength!!
Come forth, o power that rules over all creation!!

Ah, that does sound like a Tier 2, but are there Japanese letters to clarify that? And also, what website(s) has those translations? Might be helpful to find future stuff.

Oh yeah, I think someone a long time ago tried to use that to upgrade Culex to High 2-A via the dimensional statement. Thought, the argument was the Culex was simply a 2-dimension being; he's not 11-A! But that being said. The "Power over all creation" and "All time and Space" did seem like legit lore for tier 2 stuff. Though, too bad we can't consider Final Fantasy canon to Mario to get them 2-A.

Mario also had a crossover with Final Fantasy in Mario Sports Mix in which several Final Fantasy characters were playable. And Fortune Street was a crossover with Mario and Dragon Quest.

More tier 2 feats to add to the file thanks to FF and DQ, also another tier 2 feat via beating the likes of Master Hand, Tabuu, Galeem, and Dharkon in Smash Bros

Apparently the manual for SMB2 implies Wart did something to the entirety of Subcon since Mario is asked to help restore it to it's natural state (Plus the manual states he cursed the inhabitants and they were under his spell, albeit neither the manual or the game itself makes it clear what the curse actually is).

Mario did use the Dream Machine against Wart in their final battle, though I doubt that works as evidence since Wart is specifically weak to vegetables.

Bugs in the Mario Universe eat vegetables, and those bugs can still get stepped on by Mario characters, so they're also far above baseline Low 2-C as well.

I eat such stuff since a child, so I'm a secret Low 2-C Person.

But seriously what do we have going here seeing we have a good 6/7 Low 2-C labeled feats.

Apparently in an obscure sequel to Super Mario Bros 2 (not lost levels), Subcon completely vanishes upon Wart's defeat. The game in question is BS Super Mario USA

I'm not sure if BS games are considered canon, but it would be another back up Low 2-C feat if they implied to destroy it upon Wart's defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back