• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how it's not combat applicable. If that's the case, nearly all type 4 immortality users aren't suited for combat because it simply takes a bit to get back. Besides, there's like barely 5 minutes that pass after the explosion in 3D World before you see him again in the credits.

Though I guess maybe this site has different standards, cause I know in a DB this thing would probably be considered by the Research Team.

I must say, Mario characters are very smart. Peach and Daisy are both doctors and the rulers of their own kingdoms, Bowser is a doctor himself, has invented complex machinery, is himself a ruler, has proven himself competent enough to be a dangerous enemy multiple times, and can actually be capable of trickery, Wario has a doctorate, was able to build mind control devices, a device that could send him into TVs (that should be mentioned in his profile, Immersion), is the CEO of his own microgames company, and can fly a plane, Bowser Jr became a doctor at a ridiculously young age, invented a formula to revive the dead, could lead the kingdom in his father's absence, could build robots, and has been stated to be smarter than Bowser himself, Luigi is a plumber, doctor, engineer, and ghosthunter, is an expert in geography and landmarks (as seen in Mario is Missing), and was able to help fight off an alien invasion as a baby, and Mario himself is a plumber, carpenter, vehicular master, archeologist, physician, game company owner, skilled historian, incredibly skilled doctor who invented vitamins that can instantly cure someone, could help fight off an alien invasion as a baby, and was able to solve a mystery that left many scientists stumped.

In short:

• Dr. Mario: Genius
  • Dr. Luigi: Gifted
  • Dr. Princess Toadstool Peach: Gifted
  • Dr. Princess Daisy: Gifted
  • Dr. King Bowser Koopa: Extraordinary Genius
  • Dr. Prince Bowser Koopa Jr: Extraordinary Genius
  • Dr. Wario: Extraordinary Genius

I personally think the others are more than gifted; I honestly would make all of them Genius because getting the PhD of a Doctor as a baby is really impressive. Plus, Luigi would also still have to be smart enough to outsmart Bowser regularly. Which creating all those machines are extraordinary genius feats; though iffy for Mario and Luigi to be quite that level. But Genius is good.

Damn, I agree that Dimentio and Fawful at the best real Mario villains. Bowser's an amazing character, but he's hardly a villain if you look at his true character. And he's often more likable as a protagonist; like Bowser's Inside Story and Super Paper Mario.

Yeah exactly plus when I think about it it's also a fitting pairing in the sense it's a magic and science mashup and both used to be the henchmen of another villain before becoming the Main antagonist themselfs. (Only difference being Dimentio was never loyal to Count Bleck)

Now that's an epic idea if I ever heard of.

Yeah Bowser is the King of awesome but I did appreciate how the RPG's would used to always kick him out for a new villain it both shook things up and introduced some amazing new antagonists

Luigi also knows how to install tech in LM3 that E.Gadd tells him to install in the elevator. You can even see his arms moving around as he presumably gets it in working order.

And then there's Super Paper Mario which established Luigi could actually build machines with his inhibitions taken away from mind control.

But yeah, I suppose that seems fine.

Yeah, Luigi is much smarter than people give him credit for. Plus, his technological engineering skills arguably do making him smarter than Mario in terms of academics at least.

By the way, it's nice that Chuggaconroy started his latest video talking about Black Holes based on Stephen Hawking's theory.

Okay, Genius for Luigi because as a baby he could already become a doctor and help stop an alien invasion.

Actually, now that I think about it, considering that Mario could also become a doctor as a baby and also fight off alien invasions as a baby in addition to being the creator of miracle vitamins that could cure things instantly, a skilled plumber, carpenter, archeologist, physician, historian, combat expert, and vehicle master, wouldn't "genius" be an understatement? I'm not sure if he or Luigi count as extraordinary geniuses, but still. That intellect is outstanding even among real life geniuses.

They kind of need to demonstrated Supercomputer levels of intelligence feats in order to qualify as Extraordinary Genius, but it could be significant degrees of Genius.

Yeah. By the way, according to t5he wiki link I showed, there's also a baby doctor Princess Peach and baby doctor princess Daisy. Also, King K Rool and Donkey Kong are included. You know, if Peach is smart enough to earn a doctorate as an infant, show skill in chemistry, engineer a prison escape in Super Mario 3D Land, resist Nastasia's mind control, and run her kingdom, how is it that she's incompetent enough to keep getting kidnapped? Also, if Wario could manage a microgame company, create a device that can go inside TVs, and earn a doctorate, why did he feel the need to go treasure hunting and stealing? Also, I know it's just a videogame series, but what kind of world is this where apes, children, infants, and convicted criminals can earn doctorates? I know there are some felons out there who wish THEY could live in a world where they could still earn doctorates. To be fair, this is the same world where you can try to conquer/ destroy the galaxy and than be invited to a party afterward. With all that being said, I'm surprised none of the Mario characters are listed with ToonForce.

I thought all of those Mario characters had Toon Force a long time ago; and yeah, Mario is a very crazy multiverse. The weirdest aspect I heard was the idea that even atoms and molecules are sentient life according to Color Splash from what I heard. And yes, I also heard they can also sleep and have dreams too.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I thought all of those Mario characters had Toon Force a long time ago; and yeah, Mario is a very crazy multiverse. The weirdest aspect I heard was the idea that even atoms and molecules are sentient life according to Color Splash from what I heard.
If they can sleep then the 2-Bs are even higher in AP than expected.

Queen Jaydes doesn't really have any notable feats and she never really fights anyone. Though, she and her husband were able to disguise a Pure Heart as their daughter. So transmutation, Life Manipulation and Death Manipulation seems legit.

Did the Bowser stuff include flight? Cause he can fly away in 3D Land. Also intangible fire in the same game. Can't keep track of everything but the flight at least is commonly missed.

How is this for Mario's intelligence?

Genius (Although mostly known as a plumber, Mario possesses numerous and versatile talents, from being able to excel in many sports such as basketball, tennis, and soccer to taking up other careers such as archaeology, carpeting, education, and engineering. He's even intelligent enough to excel in multiple white-collar occupations such as being a physician and the CEO of a highly successful toy company. Mario is an experienced fighter and expert combatant, battling and defeating a diversity of foes and beings with various magic, unnatural powers and abilities, vastly different technology, and multiple fighting styles. His expertise and fighting prowess even extends back to his earlier years, where he's fully capable of piloting vehicles, skillfully using various power-ups and weapons, and confronting an entire alien race invading his planet as an infant. He was able to earn a doctorate as an infant, and is incredibly skilled in medicine, inventing the Megavitamins, powerful pills that can instantly cure any illness with the right combination. Outsmarted archaeologists and scientists during his vacation to Pi'illo Island, solving the very mystery that left the aforementioned people scratching their heads. He was also able to beat Jynx, a master combatant, who was so impressed with Mario's fighting capabilities, he renamed his entire dojo after the plumber and made him the master. Mario has gained so much skill that he's capable of completing trials such as The Perfect Run, Tubular, The Impossible Pack, and more, where Mario's incapable of suffering so much as a single hit. Mario's multiple accomplishments have made him famous worldwide.)

That intelligence description seems good.

Anyways, maybe some sort of Standard Tactics could be added to Mario's page?

He's constantly getting bullied in Vs. threads because currently nearly all his character is up to debate in each thread.

Here is Luigi:

Genius: In addition to being a plumber, he has shown great skill in engineering and paranormal investigations and is a very skilled combatant and acrobatic capable of piloting many vehicles. As an infant, he was able to earn a doctorate and help fight off an alien invasion.

Those intelligence ratings look good, but Dino's input would also be good.

Mario's standard tactics can vary--that's the point of his character.

Most of the time, though, based on what I've seen, brute force is typically how he gets through Bowser's forces, but he can easily change tactics on the fly and use his power-ups should the situations benefit it. Then there's attack reflection hammer and a lucky stat him and Luigi have in the RPGs which is simply a number that, the higher it is, the higher the chance of critical hits. I dunno if it effects rng things like Iron Ball Hammer or whatever. In 64 he can punch and kick, and with Cappy, possession is his standard ability. That's why it's hard to rate hin because should you allow ALL power-ups and abilities, things like Star Spin, Cappy, and F.L.U.D.D. are prettt much shit he spams in those games and each installation and series differs from what's standard.

He would logically use all that's available to him since Mario's a really resourceful and typcially uses anything in his possession and/or things around him to his advantage. Luigi is similar but with more range both because of his longer arms and body, his jump, and because in his character, he'd probably be more apprehensive and keep his distance more than Mario. The Poltergust abilities also helps.

So, Bowser can play video games without a controller or game system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back