• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and actually, looking at the video gain. Her Low 2-C feat is even more blantant. We clearly see in the end of the first SMG game that she waves her wand and the Universe got reset. Also, the fact that Mario + Luma can harm Grand Star Powered Bowser but not Rosalina also further elaborates this. Also, her force-fields still operate on the same mechanics of her reality warping magic, so her force-fields being Low 2-C in durability is more than enough for her to be Low 2-C in general.

I think it is safe to make Bowser Jr's mechs Low 2-C, (and possibly the cosmet observatory) since we aren't applying this to any other characters but them. Therefore, they aren't exactly outliers.

I meant, they're outliers for Base Mario to best them; they're obviously not outliers for Bowser Jr's mechs for sure.

Bobsican said:
Mario has plenty of tier 2 outliers now, a bit more and tier 2 base Mario is possible TBH.
Low 2-C Mario? Heh yeah right I love the red plumber boi but I don't think Low 2-C Mario isn't happening any time soon although I will whole heartdly look for such a day if Nintendo is actually crazy enough. xD

That's a big problem with versus debating in general, not just on this site. Inconsistency makes it very hard to pinpoint a character's exact prowess. Mario is one of the worst offenders of this. This also applies to intelligence. The Koopa Troopa turtles have iQs that wildly fluctuate. Some are re***ded enough to walk off cliffs but others are capable of building spaceships. At least Mario and Luigi being killed by Goombas and Koopas can be explained as game mechanics. If we do give the characters a 4-A key, I hope that their base states can be stated to vary from 4-C to 4-A so we don't have to remove all the current 4-C match results.

I don't think that's fair to all the people who worked so hard on those matches. As stated, his power wildly fluctuates. His Pure heart form would likely remain a solid 2-B. What about his power-up key? Would 3-C still be that key's peak? What should be the lowest for that key?

3C is power stars and able to defeat enemies and bosses including bowser empoowered by power stars. and what do u mean fair he was 4A before

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
I don't think that's fair to all the people who worked so hard on those matches. As stated, his power wildly fluctuates. His Pure heart form would likely remain a solid 2-B. What about his power-up key? Would 3-C still be that key's peak? What should be the lowest for that key?
CRTs happen all the time, and no one gets angry about threads being removed as a result. Also, I don't know about anyone else, but VS Threads aren't difficult to make.

Yeah, not a big fan of Vs Threads in general due to how chaotic they tend to get. And yes, there always seems to be a lot of Content Revisions happening all at once.

The thing is, while making a thread is easy, reaching a conclusion is a different matter. This one is proof of that. Look how long this thread is going.

Anyway, at the very least, we should discuss exactly how the keys will read now. For that matter, if the base keys will be solid 4-A, what happens to the second keys, which range from High 4-C to 3-C?

The way I see it, there are three possibilities:

1: Base ranges from high 4-C to 4-A, 2nd ranges from high 4-C to 3-C, and final is 2-B.

2: Base ranges from high 4-C to 4-A, 2nd ranges from 4-A to 3-C, and final is 2-B.

3: Base is 4-A, 2nd ranges from 4-A to 3-C, and final is 2-B.

So, which should it be?

Have we decided on all the 4-A feats?

I still have yet to finish Luigi's Mansion 3, I'm having too much fun with Pokémon Sword.

Yeah, no spoilers. But i'll simply say that LM3 is a fabulous game I consider best in the series; it has nearly all the goods of both the previous games. And it's especially the boss fights that definitely have a lot of thought put into them.

The only person you could beat in Smash Bros is my cousins newborn ovo (BTW can you toss the evidence of 2-B Star Rod my way? Wanna add that stuff to Bowsers profile). Also option 3 of Frieza forces suggestions looks like the best choice to me.

Do you fools really think you beat my Mario's FORWARD AERIAL.

@Dust Collector The Star Spirits (Named as the Star Gaurds in this game) are not only the protectors and have great knowledge on the Dream Depot, but apparently they also created "fun-filled games" for the cast which likely refers to the mini-games and stages. The stages themselves are dreams.
Screenshot 20191204-072952

There are multiple sources out there that have dreams equating to universes; I know Legend of the Seven Stars mentions dreams becoming alternate realities. But yes, that is a good source to indicate the Star Spirits are indeed 2-B with other stuff in mind.

Dust Collector said:
Your Marios forward aerial is nothing compared to my Ganondorfs unholy stomps.
Really? I beated three Lvl 9 Ganon's with Mario at one point HEAD ON though yes to accomplish this feat was not without their struggles in doing so.

Kinda off topic here, but why would any of the mario characters/the power stars have a 3-C ranking? The reasoning behind it is that Lumas can turn into galaxies, but the problem i see with it is in the statement itself. Lumas CAN BECOME galaxies. So the best way I can put it, is that they are baby galaxies, and when they are full grown, they can become actual galaxies.

Saying that lumas/power stars are 3-C is kind of like saying that a baby Mike Tyson is street level.

I would actually like to play against some of you guys someday. Gonna solo with my Mario, Joker, and Lucas. DDM gonna use Marth? Gonna need to rely on that tipper ovo

@Rtx Luma's will become galaxy usually when they're full eating food or something like that. They aren't smaller galaxies, not sure where that came from. We scale them to Power Stars because Luma's can become Power Stars, which should still have the same power.

Also I forgot to mention something regarding a slight understatement of Mario's Stamina:

"Travel to multiple regions with no signs of exhaustion. Also completed 100 trials of both Flipside and Flopside while defeating Shadoo and Wracktail in a sitting."

In doing all of THAT kind of stuff shouldn't it actually be "Extremely High." Instead? That many exertions sounds really ludicrously insane for just "Very High." Stamina seeing the many encounters and fights he and the gang go through even in the RPG's. I'm very impressed being a plump plumber he's able to accomplish such grueling tasks though some always seem to underestimate the guy very heavily due to his appearence back in my days some people will argue the typical BS that he's weak AF mostly relying on game mechanics as "Actual feats."

Pit of a Hundred Trials in both Thousand Year Door and both Pits of a Hundred Trials from Super Paper Mario are note worthy stamina feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back