• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other feats that I would bring up, but I would rather save them. Keep in mind we are allowed to scale base Mario to Power Stars as he can defeat King Bob Omb who was powered by one without one himself.

Mario has never used Power Stars as a power up regardless, so Mario shouldn't be too far below the regular showings of Power Star feats.

^ Been saying that forever because the "With Power Stars" rating was always bullshit to me. Mario doesn't even keep it consistent and literally could fight people powered by Grand Stars and Power Stars in base in Galaxy 1 and 2 as well. Power Star do amp the characters, but their base forms should also have the "4-C to 3-C" rating as well, with the Power Stars being given a "likely higher" but to what degree is unknown. Though a Grand Star did power something that when malfunctioning could create a low 2-C event and Bowser is given a low 2-C despite Mario almost always being comparable which I find odd but whatever.

And yes, there's quite a bit of 4-A feats.

Think it was because of Power Stars being used, people being amped when performing said feats, and those feats maybe not scaling to AP and/or being illusory?

It was because most of the 4-A feats on the list where actually High 4-C. Such as creating star constellations; the only ones that were 4-A were King Boo's pocket reality and Paper Mario from Paper Jam having a starry sky background for their attacks, but I think people considered those iffy. But Yoshi's Story and Wario World make 4-A consistent as with the various Power Star ones from Mario 64.

But yeah, I think 4-A base Mario is consistent.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
It was because most of the 4-A feats on the list where actually High 4-C. Such as creating star constellations; the only ones that were 4-A were King Boo's pocket reality and Paper Mario from Paper Jam having a starry sky background for their attacks, but I think people considered those iffy. But Yoshi's Story and Wario World make 4-A consistent as with the various Power Star ones from Mario 64.

But yeah, I think 4-A base Mario is consistent.
Interesting stuff... I remember the time Mario was actually 4-A though some would not always directly believe that a plump red plumber and his "innocent." Looking pals will achieve such feats... Hell I been through sites regarding Mario and some had the poor guy nerfed so horribly to have him on street, Wall and Small building at best and would actually say that the castle lifting feat is a gag cut scene cuz it hasn't been shown again or he struggles lifting other things therefore doesn't count type of thing.

Lmao yeah it's a shame that Mario's so inconsistent because it leads to stuff like that. His higher feats also aren't really clear-cut.

But then when a character as inconsistent as a cartoon does something powerful one time, everyone suddenly assumes that's a casual ability for them.

Neither Mario or Luigi have defeated King Boo on their own tho. Luigi needs the poltergust to even do anything to king boo.

King boo almost casually stomps Mario and Luigi with his sealing paintings in lm3

It recently hit me that we sleep on the fact that Yoshi surprisingly has pretty potent gravity manipulation. No black holes but the idea that he can turn a street into a wall with gravity and it being Yoshi is something to take in.

Also, I think it's worth noting that the black hole in Galaxy 2 that Bowser and Peach tank was legit as big as a galaxy and implied bigger than a galaxy cluster world on the World Map, and at worst was as big as a planet, although the scale of the World Map increases to reflect your progress through the universe so I kinda doubt it was only planet-sized.

@Boomer, he stomped Mario, Luigi actually was able to outpace and take hits from him. And even failed to defeat Luigi despite having an Uber Mecha Bowser.

King Boo also gets rekt by whoever decides to rescue Luigi in SM64DS and Princess Peach in Super Princess Peach, and besides, Luigi can tank attacks directly from KB's crown that does all the AP feats if you argue that.

Also Bowser...really likes transmutation. In Yoshi Topsy Turvy he turned all the Eggland citizens into apples for ***** and giggles.

BoomerKuwanger1 said:
Neither Mario or Luigi have defeated King Boo on their own tho. Luigi needs the poltergust to even do anything to king boo.
King boo almost casually stomps Mario and Luigi with his sealing paintings in lm3
Incorrect. Sunshine, 64 DS, Super Princess Peach, several Mario Party games, and Paper Jam. That's more than three. King Boo often ONLY wins vis sealing. We don't even see him physically overpowering them.

Also, King Boo's current 4-A feat is incorrect. I do agree with him being 4-A, however the link to his Dark Moon boss fight has no stars at all.

I also find it funny how Luigi's Mansion and Sunshine still have small building-building level feats within them, maybe more if the background of the KB fight in the 3DS remake actually do have stars in it and if Jr. does get the implied ability to create pocket dimensions or whatever as Shadow Mario with the Paintbrush, yet they're considered generally the games with the weakest showings.

LM gets building from KB's creation and manipulation of the Mansion and a dimension that can contain it as well as E.Gadd casually saying the Poltergust can tank lightning strikes with ease.

That's... notably not an actual Moon-sized Moon and the stars are all practically specks of glitter floating around from how small they are.

This COULD be a case of the Mario series' lowering of the scale of it's cosmology in gameplay despite lore and World Maps showing it's actually consistent with the real world's cosmology, but eh. The actual Moon can still be seen when you head to the roof intact.

That's more like a decoration rather than an actual pocket reality.

This background is the only thing that could be considered 4-A from the original and it could just be still images of cinders from all the flames, albeit I can't shake the feeling it kinda look like a nebula on fire or something.

Hmm, that does seem like a form of Gravity Manipulation. Seems fine enough to me.

Ending also stated he "locked Bowser away" so maybe sealing? It is a bit vague though.

The real cal howard said:
Also Bowser...really likes transmutation. In Yoshi Topsy Turvy he turned all the Eggland citizens into apples for ***** and giggles.
He also once turned a Koopa into a frog for ***** and giggles too, he snuck up behind him and transmuted him just to brag about how great his magic is.

Turning Toads into bricks? Check, Turning Eggland Citizens into Apples? Check. Turning and Island into a Pop Up Book with an at least 4-A sized pocket reality inside it? Check. Turning Koopas into frogs? Check. Also has turned bricks into boos among other things. The list goes on.

Honestly, Bowser should have his name on the transmutation page list.

You know that image of Luke that says Mind Hax bitch? We need one for Bowser that says Transmutation bitch.

Bowser also might have the ability to resurrect his troops as dark magic appears before an enemy spawns back in in Odyssey as well as Galaxy having Koopa Troopas spawm in via a bright light.

Either it's Bowser's doing, his troops casually can resurrect indefinitely now, or all have low-godly regen or something.

Speaking of regen/resurrection, Bowser literally explodes and poofs away in his boss fights and is able to come back somehow, with 3D World even showing him right after his fight in the credits so it doesn't take long. Though maybe Bowser doesn't explode into a firework in 3D World and I'm not remembering correctly. Hell, a lot of bosses explode into nothing and still can come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back