• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario and Paint: Concept Manip 2 (First Half)

Considering half of the accepted abilities came from Roy, Roy would be getting the biggest upgrade to this. Mario should keep conceptual manipulation, spatial manipulation, and healing/resurrection

Considering half of the accepted abilities came from Roy, Roy would be getting the biggest upgrade to this. Mario should keep conceptual manipulation, spatial manipulation, and healing/resurrection
uh no, everyone is getting the abilities there is no good reason that roy who just splashed paint on people should get the abilities exclusive to himself even when we know that other characters are able to throw paint around, see mario with his hammer splashing paint being one of the main mechanics of the game

uh no, everyone is getting the abilities there is no good reason that roy who just splashed paint on people should get the abilities exclusive to himself even when we know that other characters are able to throw paint around, see mario with his hammer splashing paint being one of the main mechanics of the game
Yeah, but it was only roy who specifically used it to that ability.

Or we can note that he has the powers due to scaling from other paint users

I don't see why mario shouldn't have the skills, not only because he basically has the most experience handling the painting stuff (for example using paint to get a 3D shape in a 2D world and being the only one to learn that).

1. Where did Mario get mind from???
Cause pain literally makes up the mind and thoughts so removing it should be mind hax, no?
2. Those come from Roy, that is where him "theoretically scaling to other paint users" come from
tell me what would Roy do in particular that makes him the exclusive owner of those abilities, cause all he does in the boss fight is shoot you with paint which then splashes on you, so why would mario who we know can just splash paint on things with it being one of the major mechanics of the game too not have an ability that is done by splashing paint

Cause pain literally makes up the mind and thoughts so removing it should be mind hax, no?

tell me what would Roy do in particular that makes him the exclusive owner of those abilities, cause all he does in the boss fight is shoot you with paint which then splashes on you, so why would mario who we know can just splash paint on things with it being one of the major mechanics of the game too not have an ability that is done by splashing paint
1. Fair enough

2. The problem is, Mario theoretically COULD do it, we just didn't see him do it, so we cannot add it, we can say he theoretically may be able to, but we cannot solidly add it

Last edited:
2. The problem is, Mario theoretically COULD do it, we just didn't see him do it, so we cannot add it, we can say he theoretically may be able to, but we cannot solidly add it
we can, and there are several profiles that do have profiles the people have never shown before(see UKG and Ultimate Madoka) , what is for mario is ooc for him but it still doesn't mean they dont have it, it just means that they dont use normally

the toads also demonstrated covering things with paint (although you could say that he doesn't have the knowledge to affect things since they weren't affected by the changes in emotions) so I don't see wrong with mario putting something like "possibly" since if less skilled characters like the toads can, I don't see how someone who is naturally superior to it couldn't.

So what is going on here again? I remember the topic, but I think the old thread died out and forgot where or how it went.

Oh yeah, now i remember arguments for paint making up souls, since well boos are in the game and they are made up of paint and when you attack the paint flies out, and the reason why it is important is cause boos are souls, due to a tattle from goombario about the boo who sells items in Bow's mansion Igor
This Boo runs the shop. Nice selection, huh? I'm sure he's cornered the Boo market around here. Maybe he was a merchant before he became a Boo. I bet Bow orders most of this.
~Goombario
Also the ship that appears in super mario world has this as an description
latest.png

Which is filled with boos
So that should be good enough to prove that since boos have paint and are made up of it that paint should also make up souls

Also if you want scans for the goombario tattle bite me, i dont have paper mario 64 on hand and most other wiki's that mention Igor do have that quote if you wanna find it

I absolutely want scans if you're trying to make this scale to literally anything outside of the paint game, yes. Bite me.

1.I dont have paper mario 64 so i cant get up and go find the scan
2.The Scan doesnt exist on the internet, so i cant get it from there, but was does exist is the quote and mentions of said quote on several wikis that have no reason to lie, See this articles tattle section
See the 4th line of the summary near the end of this article
See the biography section here
Hell even Wikipedia makes mention of boos being dead people
This plus the SMW scan calling the sunken ship one of the ships from smb3 that were usually filled with enemies is now filled with boos should be enough to show that boos=souls and since boos as like every single enemy to show up in this game can lose paint we should be able to make the assumption that paint makes up souls due to it making up boos

a small question: with all this, then we can fix mario's profile, from what I've seen many people complain about how his profile is.

oh well, I was just asking because I noticed a lot of people talking about how their profile is little different.

Anyway, other than that, is there anything else to check out or talk about around here?

1.I dont have paper mario 64 so i cant get up and go find the scan
2.The Scan doesnt exist on the internet, so i cant get it from there, but was does exist is the quote and mentions of said quote on several wikis that have no reason to lie, See this articles tattle section
See the 4th line of the summary near the end of this article
See the biography section here
Hell even Wikipedia makes mention of boos being dead people
This plus the SMW scan calling the sunken ship one of the ships from smb3 that were usually filled with enemies is now filled with boos should be enough to show that boos=souls and since boos as like every single enemy to show up in this game can lose paint we should be able to make the assumption that paint makes up souls due to it making up boos
I'm not really maintaining an issue with boos being dead people. I'm maintaining an issue of this CRT applying anything to any game outside of this specific Paper Mario. Your ideology of "I refuse to provide proof of this" simply kicked off that comment.

I'm not really maintaining an issue with boos being dead people. I'm maintaining an issue of this CRT applying anything to any game outside of this specific Paper Mario. Your ideology of "I refuse to provide proof of this" simply kicked off that comment.
you mean using proofs from outside this specific game to get stuff or that this should be applied to only people in colour splash, also it wasnt an ideology it was more me not being able to find a specific scan for it since no one on the internet has a specific image or video showing that text from what I could dig up

you mean using proofs from outside this specific game to get stuff or that this should be applied to only people in colour splash, also it wasnt an ideology it was more me not being able to find a specific scan for it since no one on the internet has a specific image or video showing that text from what I could dig up
I mean pages of characters in Color Splash will need a Color Splash specific key.

I mean pages of characters in Color Splash will need a Color Splash specific key.
Why I mean I should point out that the reason for everyone is using paint on the koopa troop is because black bowser including the shy guys and Mario relied on huey to use the paint hammer and paint in general(I recall) their doesn't seem like a reason to create a new key for the game.

Why I mean I should point out that the reason for everyone is using paint on the koopa troop is because black bowser including the shy guys and Mario relied on huey to use the paint hammer and paint in general(I recall) their doesn't seem like a reason to create a new key for the game.
Because this paint stuff doesn't exist outside of this exclusive game. Never mentioned or referenced. It is a gimmick.

Just realized the first CRT for Paint being Conceptual Manipulation was substantiated by an off-site blog that no longer exists. Did someone save the scans for it?
unknown.png

unknown.png

You just realized it

I'm the one that showed it to people

you sink ever further, Mav.

Anyways a lot of this stinks to high heaven so basically, for now what has been universally agreed upon is fine. But I will be speaking to Yuri (since they seem to be the sole reason the original stuff was accepted) and probably going to move to remove the paint from being concept manip.

well in origami king, the color things, for example losing your color decreases all your abilities, but I have no problem with it being kept as something for a new key for now.

Just realized the first CRT for Paint being Conceptual Manipulation was substantiated by an off-site blog that no longer exists. Did someone save the scans for it?
unknown.png

unknown.png
"In Paper Mario Color Splash, the main point of the game is paint. Paint is a concept. As shown in the game, paint encompasses everything. And I mean everything. Paint is shown to be all of land, liquid, life (Once bringing Toad back via paint, Huey states that paint gives life. Additionally, paint can return the blood, organs, and skin to an old fossil that's been dead years ago), mind (Paint can speak to your mind by coloring your thoughts. Paint was able to take over Bowser's body and freely act on their own. Big Paint Stars are also shown to be alive), memory (Toad couldn't remember anything with the loss of paint on his head. Returning paint gave his memories back), emotions, space (even simple holes require paint to function as holes) and souls. Removing any paint would stop making anything work"-From the debate jungle profile which weeb has worked on

Back