• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario and Paint: Concept Manip 2 (First Half)

So what was accepted so far???

(Was conceptual manipulation accepted????)
Conceptual Manip is reportedly accepted in another thread. Everything except those mentioned in my first post is accepted, and I've begrudgingly accepted that 4th Wall Interaction is possible for that individual character (barring further evidence, of course).

Thanks. Not particularly interested in delving into old threads on Mario myself, was just informing the other lad that it was accepted in a place that ain't here.

I mean, the shy guys removing Toad's color literally killed him.

But I guess you can say he died because of the other hax paint has.

Yep from Life Manipulation application's: Life Stealing/Instant Death: Some life manipulators are able to steal life energy or simply remove the life energy from an opponent's body to grievously harm or kill the target.

Also the removal of someone's concept of life is not forcing the concept of death or something similar on to something. The best argument would be if 1 is life and 0 is death destroying 1 means zero but that isn't how it works rather the former 1 is now undefined.

I mean, the shy guys removing Toad's color literally killed him.

But I guess you can say he died because of the other hax paint has.
Again. Removing all the blood from someone isn't Death Manip. Can't say this enough.

Oh neat. What is the current topic.
from what I'm seeing we are pretty much finishing up right now so ill give my two cents on everything

Conceptual Manipulation: probably type 3, I see no reason to give type 2 for that and type 4 is REALLY underselling it

Soul Manipulation: no, that looks like NPI and negation of invisibility more then anything else

Matter Manipulation: that doesn't look like matter manip to me, plain and simple

Space Manipulation: agreed!

Mind Manipulation: agreed!

Memory Manipulation: agreed!

Poison Manipulation: agreed!

4th Wall Interaction: that could easily be Mario's Eyes getting covered with paint, such as with certain shooter games when you get shot and a blood filter plastered across the screen, so nah

Empathic Manipulation, Status Effect Inducetment: Empathetic Manip covers this perfectly fine, other then that agreed

Biological Manipulation,Resurrection and Healing(Mid-High): Ressurection and healing cover that just fine

Statistics Amplification: thats pretty much Rage Power, so denied

Statistics Reduction: apsolutely not

Corruption(Type 2), Possession: Corruption covers that just fine, agreed with corruption no to possession

Possible Pain Manipulation: taking damage is not pain manipulation, cause at that point I have pain manip by punching someone

Memory Manipulation: agreed with

Death Manipulation: absolutely not, it was discussed above why, but they should get Life Manipulation

Existence Erasure:

what about this a previous response of mine.
i read that, and that really wouldn't count for EE or petrification, that is Mind Erasure at best(which falls under mind manip I might add), cause otherwise the freaking trees would be nonexistant in that way
empath manip should not cause you to travel through the air slower, or cause you to take damage upon taking an action, or make your projectiles move slower
where do I even begin to dissect this, alright when it comes to status effect inducement, I have more experience then most in that area considering I have a whole damn verse that has a ton of it and deals with it a lot, and you did not link scans to this in the OP, i am not going to practically waste my time by looking through what is often considered the shittiest Paper Mario game just to get scans for you.

frankly what you described would easily fall under pain manipulation and statistics reduction, not Status Effect Inducement.

and you did not link scans to this in the OP, i am not going to practically waste my time by looking through what is often considered the shittiest Paper Mario game just to get scans for you.

frankly what you described would easily fall under pain manipulation and statistics reduction, not Status Effect Inducement.

I'm pretty sure Sticker Star is considered the worst Paper Mario Game, not Color Splash

Anyway, if the scans are correct, then Paint needs statistics reduction and Pain Manipulation, which was not brought up by the summary

Last edited:
There is probably an argument to Petrification give what happened to pure heart in the Sammer's Kingdom's pure heart

okay then, would someone be willing to make blog containing what is accepted
And what is accepted is everything that isnt soul, matter, 4th wall, status effect inducement, bio manip, stat amp(which should be replaced with rage power), pain, ee and death manip,
And life manip and blood manip should be added with the scan of huey calling paint his blood sweat and tears, and what gives life to the world, and then once that is done call a content mod please and ask for the profiles to be unlocked so we can add it

Good, now we need to figure out how to get this into all of the relevant pages, and you can count me out of this one because I have issues getting tabbed pictures to work!

Someone prolly needs to throw this on a blog cause this is getting given to a lot of people, and is going to be decently long

Mostly because I am incapable of doing anything advanced for pages, i struggle to put a tabber on images for crying out loud lol

Back