• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@EldemadeDityjon Yes they are comparable, both are cutting through time as their abilities, and susanoo literally just slashes, that's all he does when cutting through time. We only refer to other verses for standards on what's legit or not, especially when the full context is there for both series to compare to.
Yeah i seen this in previous threads for Maou Gakuin and definitely none of arguments were accepted.

Also Sussano and Balzarondo things are not comparable. One is stated to be done via speed where another one straight up time Manipulation.
Give me an actual line where it says because he's moving so fast he's cutting through time. You keep saying it's not time manipulation but the scan is literally talking about cutting through time, that's textbook time manipulation.

What part of layers have to do with this part of the feat at all? There's nothing about layers speed with the scan on him cutting through time, you're just bringing up random shit for the sake of it.

You say Shuu didn't need to put time stuff yet he did in this line, this isn't an argument at all. Try to give something new to the table instead of "well the writer didn't need to" when he has all the right in the world to put whatever he wants in the story as it's his own story.

Ok so you say that time manipulation is not a thing in MG when it comes to speed but at the same time you're trying to use cutting through time, which is time hax, as an argument for speed... Yeah no you're just pulling double standards here.

You haven't proven my reasons are contradictory. Maybe actually prove my reasons is contradictory instead of throwing claims because I can do the same thing back at you.

Him holding back with his speed means nothing as nothing in the description for cutting through time is because of his speed. If you can give the text that he's capable of moving so fast that he cuts through time as a result then sure, but as of now I don't see it.
Bringing time doesn't mean time manipulation where the feat was trying to describe it as speed. You just skipped the part Balzarondo was Deeper layers inhabitants and Lay was shallow layers inhabitants and Shuu introduced this speed feat to differentiate the difference between their speed not time manipulation.

Sure I will consider your vote for his speed as Disagreeing. I will wait for other staff to comment.

Speed = time manipulation is very funny

I agree with everything. By the way, even if it were a metaphor when using "as if" wouldn't it still be infinite or immeasurable speed? Since it says "as if jumping through time with pure speed" (example only) wouldn't that mean that the character is so fast that it looks like he's jumping through time with pure speed? Wouldn't that still be infinite or immeasurable speed?

I agree with everything. By the way, even if it were a metaphor when using "as if" wouldn't it still be infinite or immeasurable speed? Since it says "as if jumping through time with pure speed" (example only) wouldn't that mean that the character is so fast that it looks like he's jumping through time with pure speed? Wouldn't that still be infinite or immeasurable speed?
No? Just because it looks like something happened, doesn't mean it actually did. It's very common for characters in fiction to compare two things, which we generally don't use for scaling. Saying someone "moves like a beam of light" isn't grounds for SoL speeds or higher, for example.

No? Just because it looks like something happened, doesn't mean it actually did. It's very common for characters in fiction to compare two things, which we generally don't use for scaling. Saying someone "moves like a beam of light" isn't grounds for SoL speeds or higher, for example.
I'm not saying it literally happened, I'm saying that Anos who has immeasurable speed compares the speed of Naphtha as if he were jumping from the present to the future with pure speed, and what feat of speed is this? Speed of sound?

I'm not saying it literally happened, I'm saying that Anos who has immeasurable speed compares the speed of Naphtha as if he were jumping from the present to the future with pure speed, and what feat of speed is this? Speed of sound?
It's unquantifiable. We simply don't hand out speed feats using statements like this. They usually just act as supporting evidence for actual feats. Just as a supersonic character can hyperbolically be said to be as fast as light/lightning, an infinite speed character can hyperbolically be said to be moving immeasurably fast. This isn't that complicated.

A person who has immeasurable speed declaring something like that it is obvious that such a person has immeasurable speed. There is no need to say this as a hyperbole. If it was some character who didn't have that speed saying that, maybe it would be easier to refute such an argument.

Last edited:
It's unquantifiable. We simply don't hand out speed feats using statements like this. They usually just act as supporting evidence for actual feats. Just as a supersonic character can hyperbolically be said to be as fast as light/lightning, an infinite speed character can hyperbolically be said to be moving immeasurably fast. This isn't that complicated.
So I can't do anything, even if it doesn't make any sense. This is definitely not like one of those hyperbolic "as if at the speed of light" lines that are said by characters who don't even have hypersonic speed, and a character with immeasurable speed comparing the speed of another character as if jumping through time, no it sounds like one of those hyperbolic lines from a character who has no idea what he's talking about.

A person who has immeasurable speed declaring something like that it is obvious that such a person has immeasurable speed. There is no need to say this as a hypothesis. If it was some character who didn't have that speed saying that, maybe it would be easier to refute such an argument.
Completely irrelevant. A character's own speed isn't really factored into whether or not a statement they make is metaphorical.

When you mentioned "layers of speed" I thought you were saying something like "Immeasurable held the spear of Eges. Superior faster than (random character) which is faster than the spear of Eges" or something like that

Or something like "Immeasurable able to keep up with Eques. Much superior faster than any deep inhabitant of the first 20 layers."

An exact similar is dragon ball hit time skip thought can warrant possibly.

Aren't Hit's time jumps time manipulation? Nafta is using pure speed, and I also wanted to ask if that wouldn't guarantee a "possibly immeasurable".

****!!
Didn't realize there was a CRT, why didn't you ping us on discord 🥲
Anyways I agree with everything but I wanna clarify something:

For Nafta's speed:
  • She can seemingly move to the future physically(movement beyond linear time) from Anos' POV who already has immeasurable speed. I do believe she gets immeasurable speed. Now for...
For Balzarondo's speed:
  • This one is controversial. From what I get from @EldemadeDityjon (pls correct me if I am wrong) he seemly cuts through time via sheer speed I don't know how some people see that as time manipulation but I respect their view which qualifies for infinite speed at most, but since he was holding back he could get immeasurable speed I don't think there is such a thing as layered infinite speed:ROFLMAO:💀People say otherwise to this. I'm personally completely neutral about this, but it doesn't even matter cuz:
    -He doesn't have a profile.
So this means that All Chief Gods, Sovereigns, and Deeper World inhabitants get immeasurable speed?

If I messed up anywhere or I misunderstand something can someone please tell me?

Last edited:
Him holding back with his speed means nothing as nothing in the description for cutting through time is because of his speed
That's still time manipulation no matter how you twist it.
So he was manipulating time, and not using speed.. is that what u are saying?

If you check the scans presented in the OP, Balzarondo said that Lay could not keep up with his speed, he specifically mentioned speed(even while holding back) and it was stated that his sword was too fast. It wasn't stated that it was magic(for time manip), not abilities or power just pure SPEED!!!

If the wiki treats cutting through time as time manip, I guess that is fine, but if there is a character who was stated to use only his speed(no magic or anything), and has shown other incredible speed feats (against immeasurable speed ppl) shouldn't that be considered something else, or am I trippin or the wiki says No.

Last edited:
"My sword is the fastest blade. The Balzarondo style hunting sword that cuts through time."

A silence covered the place, giving the illusion that time had stopped.
In a world where everything was stationary, only Balzarondo was moving.
No, the man's sword was far too fast.

"In your world, he must be a man of some strength."

Balzarondo pointed at Lay.

"But I took it easy on him in the previous match. The man was not able to keep up with my speed even after I took it easy on him. If I were to get serious, the level of this world would be broken. Let me make this clear."

As soon as I thought his figure blurred, he instantly went for my backside.
As I caught the kick that was released without a pause with my palm, sparks of magic power scattered violently.

It's amazing to see how Anos, who had already reacted to the spear of Eges that has immeasurable speed, was seeing Balzarondo with the blurred figure. As much as he managed to hold his leg, it's evident that Balzarondo has immeasurable speed just for that detail that is obviously important in the story. Not to mention breaking the world with speed is not something I see being possible with speeds massively above light or infinity.

Last edited:
@EldemadeDityjon so now you're not being consistent where you're claiming in this thread that cutting through time isn't time manipulation, but now you're claiming the susanoo unit is just time manipulation despite having the same description of what they're doing with time itself, can you for once be consistent instead of flopping around with your arguments?

Literally nothing in the text you provided mentions their cutting through time is exclusively because of their speed. There's only mentions of them being ridiculously fast, and their ability is to cut through time, nothing about the both being together where the cause of cutting through time is because of being fast.

Great, so you once again like to take arguments out of context, maybe pay attention to what I'm arguing since I never said speed = time manipulation, I said cutting through time is time manipulation.

@YoPercy his sword abilities is stated to cut through time, nothing about it is stated that it's cutting through time because of speed alone, just that the person in question is ridiculously fast. Him holding back doesn't prove immeasurable speed, just that he'd be faster than what he showed at the time, which going off the scans doesn't give us enough elaboration that he's either blitzing someone immeasurable or literally moving through time itself.

The other speed feats I'm not concerned about, I'm targeting the argument of him cutting through time with no connection to it being done because of his speed alone, If this character scales to other beings that have immeasurable speed feats then cool, but I disagree with the cutting through time argument being used for speed.

@EldemadeDityjon so now you're not being consistent where you're claiming in this thread that cutting through time isn't time manipulation, but now you're claiming the susanoo unit is just time manipulation despite having the same description of what they're doing with time itself, can you for once be consistent instead of flopping around with your arguments?

Literally nothing in the text you provided mentions their cutting through time is exclusively because of their speed. There's only mentions of them being ridiculously fast, and their ability is to cut through time, nothing about the both being together where the cause of cutting through time is because of being fast.

Great, so you once again like to take arguments out of context, maybe pay attention to what I'm arguing since I never said speed = time manipulation, I said cutting through time is time manipulation.

@YoPercy his sword abilities is stated to cut through time, nothing about it is stated that it's cutting through time because of speed alone, just that the person in question is ridiculously fast. Him holding back doesn't prove immeasurable speed, just that he'd be faster than what he showed at the time, which going off the scans doesn't give us enough elaboration that he's either blitzing someone immeasurable or literally moving through time itself.

The other speed feats I'm not concerned about, I'm targeting the argument of him cutting through time with no connection to it being done because of his speed alone, If this character scales to other beings that have immeasurable speed feats then cool, but I disagree with the cutting through time argument being used for speed.
"My sword is the fastest blade. The Balzarondo style hunting sword that cuts through time."

A silence covered the place, giving the illusion that time had stopped.
In a world where everything was stationary, only Balzarondo was moving.
No, the man's sword was far too fast.

"In your world, he must be a man of some strength."

Balzarondo pointed at Lay.

"But I took it easy on him in the previous match. The man was not able to keep up with my speed even after I took it easy on him. If I were to get serious, the level of this world would be broken. Let me make this clear."

As soon as I thought his figure blurred, he instantly went for my backside.
As I caught the kick that was released without a pause with my palm, sparks of magic power scattered violently.

It's amazing to see how Anos, who had already reacted to the spear of Eges that has immeasurable speed, was seeing Balzarondo with the blurred figure. As much as he managed to hold his leg, it's evident that Balzarondo has immeasurable speed just for that detail that is obviously important in the story. Not to mention breaking the world with speed is not something I see being possible with speeds massively above light or infinity.
He attacked someone with immeasurable speed. You forgot Anos? The same one who said he saw Balzarondo's figure blurred before the next moment he instantly moved behind him? You seem to be ignoring the fact that he says that if he seriously struggled with his speed, the world would break. What kind of speed do you think would achieve such a feat?

And don't tell me he wasn't referring to his speed when he said he could break the world, because before that he was just talking about holding himself against Ray with his speed. The dialogue was about his speed and not his power.

The fact that Anos was seeing Banzarondo's blurry figure proves that at that moment he was moving faster than Anos' eyes could follow. Anos was only aware that he moved behind him after this happened. The same that reacted and blocked without problems the spear of Eges which is immeasurable in speed. Do you really think that someone who doesn't have immeasurable speed could appear behind someone who does without him noticing? Even more so to make your figure blur in the eyes of a person who easily reacts to a spear with immeasurable combat speed.

And by the way, doesn't "leaping over the future" seem a little too specific? Not to mention that the exact same thing is said twice (Not in the same words, but still talking about the same thing), this is FAR to be metaphor or hyperbole.

Sussano thing never stated as speed you are comparing two different statements. Sussano slashes time. Balzarondo cuts through time* both are different statements.

Yeah according to you his sword can cut through time but him holding back somehow reduced his sword soree ☹️. I wonder why him holding back his speed would reduce his sword speed. Anyway I am gonna count your vote as Disgreeing for Balzarondo so don't even bother replying. I will wait for Other staffs to comment.
Oh boy 🙏 why only use Whatsbousm when you want the disgree with something. If we bring other verses for arguing something you people would just disgree as whatsbousm but we can't do the same?
The fact that Anos was seeing Banzarondo's blurry figure proves that at that moment he was moving faster than Anos' eyes could follow. Anos was only aware that he moved behind him after this happened. The same that reacted and blocked without problems the spear of Eges which is immeasurable in speed. Do you really think that someone who doesn't have immeasurable speed could appear behind someone who does without him noticing? Even more so to make your figure blur in the eyes of a person who easily reacts to a spear with immeasurable combat speed.
Let me count @Theglassman12 vote as Disagreeing for Balzarondo. Anyway let's wait for other staffs.

Aren't Hit's time jumps time manipulation? Nafta is using pure speed, and I also wanted to ask if that wouldn't guarantee a "possibly immeasurable".
If Nafta is pure speed no problem then immeasurable...just how its said isn't clear.
Yeah it can be possibly immeasurable.

Oh boy 🙏 why only use Whatsbousm when you want the disgree with something. If we bring other verses for arguing something you people would just disgree as whatsbousm but we can't do the same?
Doesn't change the fact both are similar and nothing wrong with me bringing examples from other verses then you can't reply and say whatsbousm.

Doesn't change the fact both are similar and nothing wrong with me bringing examples from other verses then you can't reply and say whatsbousm.
Both are not the same & that's your double standards. If you feel like hit needs immeasurable speed upgrade go make a CRT. Don't bring unnecessary things here

@Caduz213 that's not what's being argued in the OP, the OP is arguing that it's an immeasurable speed feat for him cutting through time and him being fast. That part I disagree with because nothing about that is ever related to him moving so fast that time itself gets cut because of it. Him keeping up with Anos, assuming Anos was in anyway shape or form caught off guard is not what I'm tackling. I'm tackling the cutting through time being a speed feat.

@EldemadeDityjon Right because apparently synonyms don't exist according to you. Make a better argument than just flat out ignoring the definition of the words "slashing" and "cutting".

Because nothing about his technique is ever stated that because it's so fast he cuts through time, just that he's super fast, and his sword technique cuts through time. Right, of course because cutting through time has everything to do with speed and nothing to do with hax according to you despite this being a standard on the wiki, also I can reply as many times as I want in this thread or in any thread. You have no right telling me what I can or can't do, let alone to anyone else in this site that has the right to debate in any thread. If this is seriously the mentality of any MG CRT throughout this entire wiki then man do I understand why people don't bother with this verse.

@Caduz213 that's not what's being argued in the OP, the OP is arguing that it's an immeasurable speed feat for him cutting through time and him being fast. That part I disagree with because nothing about that is ever related to him moving so fast that time itself gets cut because of it. Him keeping up with Anos, assuming Anos was in anyway shape or form caught off guard is not what I'm tackling. I'm tackling the cutting through time being a speed feat.

@EldemadeDityjon Right because apparently synonyms don't exist according to you. Make a better argument than just flat out ignoring the definition of the words "slashing" and "cutting".

Because nothing about his technique is ever stated that because it's so fast he cuts through time, just that he's super fast, and his sword technique cuts through time. Right, of course because cutting through time has everything to do with speed and nothing to do with hax according to you despite this being a standard on the wiki, also I can reply as many times as I want in this thread or in any thread. You have no right telling me what I can or can't do, let alone to anyone else in this site that has the right to debate in any thread. If this is seriously the mentality of any MG CRT throughout this entire wiki then man do I understand why people don't bother with this verse.
I just want to state that he scales to an immeasurable speed character regardless, and that character got impressed ;-;

Last edited:
@Dread Ok, if he scales to an immeasurable speed character that's fine (assuming the immeasurable speed character did get caught off guard in anyway), I'm just tackling that specific feat being argued as immeasurable.

Because nothing about his technique is ever stated that because it's so fast he cuts through time, just that he's super fast, and his sword technique cuts through time.
Yes, cutting through time with speed still gives time manipulation naturally, Eldemade is wrong there but his point is you're all saying it has nothing to do with speed which is wrong. Swords in MG have unique abilities for each and i can tell you his has nothing to do with time, furthermore the sequence goes by him stating "his sword style is the fastest", then he also says "his balzarondo sword style is able to cut through time". Can this get time manipulation? Yes, depending on context and wiki standards. Should we downplay his feat and arbitrarily decide it's not because of his speed? Absolutely not.

Its like how fate's sasaki kojirou is able to achieve spatial manipulation with pure skill alone.

Furthermore, balzarondo has no profile currently and still scales to immeasurable so it doesn't matter if the feat only qualifies for infinite speed.
You have no right telling me what I can or can't do, let alone to anyone else in this site that has the right to debate in any thread. If this is seriously the mentality of any MG CRT throughout this entire wiki then man do I understand why people don't bother with this verse.
Yes, that's true. I've already told him he has no right to do that.

Its a honestly a shame that you choose to generalize all MG fans under one banner like that which is wrong but alright.

It's blatantly false that people don't bother with the verse but more than that I'm appalled at how despite being a staff, you have no aversion to making comments that can spark needless hostility

Last edited:
Yes, cutting through time with speed still gives time manipulation naturally, Eldemade is wrong there but his point is you're all saying it has nothing to do with speed which is wrong. Swords in MG have unique abilities for each and i can tell you his has nothing to do with time, furthermore the sequence goes by him stating "his sword style is the fastest", then he also says "his balzarondo sword style is able to cut through time". Can this get time manipulation? Yes, depending on context and wiki standards. Should we downplay his feat and arbitrarily decide it's not because of his speed? Absolutely not.

Its like hos fate's sasaki kojirou os able to achieve spatial manipulation with pure skill alone.

Furthermore, balzarondo has no profile currently and still scales to immeasurable so it doesn't matter if the feat only qualifies for infinite speed.

Yes, that's true. I've already told him he has no right to do that.

Its a honestly a shame that you choose to generalize all MG fans under one banner like that which is wrong but alright.

It's blatantly false that people don't bother with the verse but more than that I'm appalled at how despite being a staff, you have no aversion to making comments that can spark needless hostility
I am pretty sure, Glassman does not want to generalise it in purpose. He truly got no grudge against anyone.
I agree with that generalisation and applying it to the whole verse of supporters is an atrocious thing, but pretty sure he never meant that. More like an overreaction.

his sword abilities is stated to cut through time
He didn't use an ability, he used his sword only.
nothing about it is stated that it's cutting through time because of speed alone, just that the person in question is ridiculously fast.
After the encounter with Lay, he stated that he couldn't keep up with his speed.
Him holding back doesn't prove immeasurable speed, just that he'd be faster than what he showed at the time,
Ik
The other speed feats I'm not concerned about, I'm targeting the argument of him cutting through time with no connection to it being done because of his speed alone, If this character scales to other beings that have immeasurable speed feats then cool,
Pretty sure he does scale to immeasurable speed characters but I might be wrong.
but I disagree with the cutting through time argument being used for speed.
Okay, Fair enough. You can ignore the "cutting through time" feat but he does scale to other characters that have immeasurable speed. (Balzorondo is superior to a deeper world inhabitant (don't remember his name) who easily caught Eges' spear.)

Because nothing about his technique is ever stated that because it's so fast he cuts through time, just that he's super fast, and his sword technique cuts through time. Right, of course because cutting through time has everything to do with speed and nothing to do with hax according to you despite this being a standard on the wiki,
Ignoring that the cutting through time statement comes for speed feat narratively trying to display difference between layers and you bringing up your own assumption and headcanon both are different.
also I can reply as many times as I want in this thread or in any thread. You have no right telling me what I can or can't do, let alone to anyone else in this site that has the right to debate in any thread.
No one said you can't reply. I said stop replying with same Arguments of your which has same thing as time manipulation and Whatsbousm which doesn't even co relates with our verse.
If this is seriously the mentality of any MG CRT throughout this entire wiki then man do I understand why people don't bother with this verse.
If you think taking things out of context and accusing others is good according to you great think so.

I said stop replying I am counting his vote for his refute 🤦 how hard is to understand. LMAO argument were circling around what's the use repeatedly him saying time manipulation blah blah blah for speed feat.

I am pretty sure, Glassman does not want to generalise it in purpose. He truly got no grudge against anyone.
I agree with that generalisation and applying it to the whole verse of supporters is an atrocious thing, but pretty sure he never meant that. More like an overreaction.
I understand given on how he's called me out on a similar matter but i can't stomach how people generalize all supporters under one banner like that.

@Tatsumi504 Given the fact the context of speed has nothing to do with cutting through time and that the second line about holding back is referring to the user's speed, not the sword's speed, it doesn't tell me that the sword itself is so fast that it can cut through time, just that the user is ridiculously fast and his sword can cut through time. Ok, I don't really care about the other scaling cause I've said for the nth time I'm tackling the sword feat specifically, I don't give a shit about the other feats.

No, I just generalize my experience with MG CRTs based on Elde's behavior, which to my knowledge is one of the more active members in these threads. The fact he tells others to stop talking just because he took a vote in is flat out disrespectful to anyone who disagrees with the thread, and also goes against one of the points in this wiki, which is that any normal CRT can let anyone give their opinions on the matter.

@YoPercy and his own speed which isn't tied to the sword being so fast that it cuts through time. Just that his sword can do that ability.

Again I don't particularly care about the other feats or characters they scale to, I'm arguing against this one feat here. Just like how I don't care about a series having like 20 different universal feats when I only tackle against one feat that I disagree with being universal in the first place.

@EldemadeDityjon except the speed part is only referring to his own speed, not the sword's speed as it's just mentioned the sword is capable of cutting through time.

You literally said "Anyway I am gonna count your vote as Disgreeing for Balzarondo so don't even bother replying" so yeah you did say I can't reply when I have the right to choose when I can or cannot reply. Ah yes, the whataboutism argument, because that's totally something viable and not an argument that can be used both sides.

Ah yes, I'm totally taking things out of context when the scans is right there and it mentions his speed being fast and the sword being able to cut through time, can you stop with these random claims and just refute my/our points against this feat?

Maybe you should stop and check why everyone who ever had a dealing in the MG threads think all of you are toxic, it is because majority of you are like that so it is a fair generalization to make.
When referring to a group, you can generalize them under the majority.
And from what I know the majority here are toxic and believe they are always right.
Oh btw check the way your friend is counting the votes in the OP and the reasons he is putting there. And somehow he is normal
Believe me the majority of staffs won't touch this verse with a billion light year long pole.

Anyway I will stop derailing now.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back