• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check op where @Chasekilleen said it
?
image.png

What is supposed to mean "time" here? Interval? Because that far more likely refers to distance, especially since everyone here already accepts that it is talking about distance.

Why are you posting the definition of interval? We know the meaning of the word, but it can refer to either time or distance. You haven't responded as to why we would assume it means "time" rather than the more natural "distance."

Why are you posting the definition of interval? We know the meaning of the word, but it can refer to either time or distance. You haven't responded as to why we would assume it means "time" rather than the more natural "distance."
If you assume distance why wouldn't it scale to infinite speed?

Also Fuji does seems like she doesn't know that meaning.

Yeah because @Oblivion_Of_The_Endless and null Quit the verse and people who don't know context behind what they are talking started taking thing in their own way.

Shouldn't have created the profile in the first place. Really regret it now.
You posted the scans though and we read it, so why is it that you think it is because we know nothing?
the space between two points is the meaning here since the OG translation also says the same thing

Yeah because @Oblivion_Of_The_Endless and null Quit the verse and people who don't know context behind what they are talking started taking thing in their own way.

Shouldn't have created the profile in the first place. Really regret it now.
I'm pretty sure you can get some mods in this site to agree with you. Mention the people who you think readsss lot's of novel and not these people lol.

I had an inkling it was this kind of situation.

Ultima gets a lot of questions like that where he is provided bare minimum context if any at all, and is usually answering from the perspective of "if you dodge a spear that ignores distance it's infinite speed," not really giving an informed opinion about whether interpreting the spear as literally ignoring distance is the most reasonable option in the context.

But, he may disagree with me and Abaddon on that, so @Ultima_Reality if you could clarify your thoughts if you have the time.
I have the highest respect for Ultima, but please don't let this be another thread where we have to wait for weeks, if not months for one of the busiest staff in the wiki.

The premise is relatively simple, let's figure it out for ourselves huh?

Thats a separate subject entirely to whether it means time or distance, and I addressed that separately earlier, very thoroughly.
Here is the thing if a character travels to infinite distance that's still infinite speed. Same goes for things which can Travel infinite distance. If Eges spear lacks the concepts of distance then why it will not have infinite speed?

Also mind tagging @Elizhaa @Celestial_Pegasus

I have the highest respect for Ultima, but please don't let this be another thread where we have to wait for weeks, if not months for one of the busiest staff in the wiki.

The premise is relatively simple, let's figure it out for ourselves huh?
Whats the rush ? It's a upgrade thread not Downgrade thread. We can wait until Ultima replies. I am not in any hurry.

I believe that's what he is trying to say but I don't see it being in offensive way. He meant to say what pain is saying is not the right context, which is not offensive even if other Disagree.
My argument is that it is dimensional, travel so tell me what argument can be made that this is not dimensional travel.
A spear that can pierce through dimensions
Aeges thrust the spear forward and the top half disappeared, and reappeared on the side of the cloak of Gennul
I stare into space as a crack appeared, a lance shot out of the wall slicing into our dimension
a spear came flying out of nowhere

I don't plan to delay the thread till he gives his input, just figured I'd give him the opportunity.

Here is the thing if a character travels to infinite distance that's still infinite speed.
Here is the thing, none of your scans suggest a character is traveling infinite distance, nor that the spear travels an infinite distance.

If Eges spear lacks the concepts of distance then why it will not have infinite speed?
How many times do I need to repeat myself that I do not believe "lacking the concept of distance" should be applied literally? I don't understand why, no matter how many times I explain my opinion, you respond to me in a way that suggests you fundamentally do not understand the premise of my objection?

I believe that's what he is trying to say but I don't see it being in offensive way. He meant to say what pain is saying is not the right context, which is not offensive even if other Disagree.
If there is additional context that isn’t shown in the scans, preferably show it I guess.
Here is the thing if a character travels to infinite distance that's still infinite speed. Same goes for things which can Travel infinite distance. If Eges spear lacks the concepts of distance then why it will not have infinite speed?

Also mind tagging @Elizhaa
@Elizhaa you have been summoned

Because based on the way we’re interpreting the scans, it seems more like it’s just moving through another dimension to ignore that distance

My argument is that it is dimensional, travel so tell me what argument can be made that this is not dimensional travel.
Why are you editing scans ? Not side instead inside. If you again edit it I will be reporting you.
Aeges thrust Dehiddatem forward. The top half of the spear vanished, reappearing on the inner side of Gennul’s electric cloak.
How many times do I need to repeat myself that I do not believe "lacking the concept of distance" should be applied literally? I don't understand why, no matter how many times I explain my opinion, you respond to me in a way that suggests you fundamentally do not understand the premise of my objection?
If there is additional context that isn’t shown in the scans, preferably show it I guess.

@Elizhaa you have been summoned

Because based on the way we’re interpreting the scans, it seems more like it’s just moving through another dimension to ignore that distance
Mind Explaining how would you dodge a surprise attack which would be inside your armour or clock in an instant?

Let's go by your logic aim dodge and other things but if spear comes from your blind spot how would you dodge it ?

Mind Explaining how would you dodge a surprise attack which would be inside your armour or clock in an instant?

Let's go by your logic aim dodge and other things but if spear comes from your blind spot how would you dodge it ?
The same question can also be asked if it’s infinite speed. How do you aim dodge something from a blind spot?

As for the first question, “instant” is kinda subjective and can just mean something came really fast

I think we have point blank range being a thing where characters dodge smth way close to their body but still aren't necessarily Infinite.
It's not a point blank.

Body < Dress < Armour in other words spear should pierce the dress directly Ignoring the armour. What speed would you qualify for a character who would dodged that attack unscathed? Additionally it's a Blind spot in other means didn't even notices that

The same question can also be asked if it’s infinite speed. How do you aim dodge something from a blind spot?

As for the first question, “instant” is kinda subjective and can just mean something came really fast
Simple be a faster character than infinite speed. Bruh how this is a question.
It's not a point blank.

Body < Dress < Armour in other words spear should pierce the dress directly Ignoring the armour. What speed would you qualify for a character who would dodged that attack unscathed? Additionally it's a Blind spot in other means didn't even notices that
Here is full explanation

If spear comes from blind spot atleast your dress should be thorn off but Nigit Dodges it with his sword and defends himself he was Looking at the Anos when Ages fired it. For even readers it's a surprise attack out of nowhere.

I Know that but my point is interpreting everything not being liked or disagreed with is not offensive. But if the OP wants input from supporters or knowledgeable members of the series then no one is desperate for it to be done within one or 2 days. It can wait.
Don't worry, I like you more
3b4fc4e926732f66ce15213fb0d303f6e197ce80b2e7801f3ed12789ffd541e0.gif

Being fast. Doesn't require infinite speed. Try to dodge it as soon as you notice it's within your cloak or shooting out of a wall, or flying at you in mid-air without seeing it get thrown.

Fictional characters dodge things in their blind spots all the time.

Simple be a faster character than infinite speed. Bruh how this is a question.
I could ask the same thing about why you're asking "how to dodge a surprise attack" from within your cloak. How is that a question? That's not even a far fetched thing to do.

Why are you editing scans ? Not side instead inside. If you again edit it I will be reporting you.
I typed it from memory so there will be some few differences, but they mean almost the same thing
Also, my question is, how is that not dimensional travel exactly? you keep saying it is not dimensional travel so explain

Being fast. Doesn't require infinite speed. Try to dodge it as soon as you notice it's within your cloak or shooting out of a wall, or flying at you in mid-air without seeing it get thrown.

Fictional characters dodge things in their blind spots all the time.
Can I get an example for dodging something like this because this is done via different method where character states there is no speed or armour infront of my spear and later he fires the spear where its instantly comes inside the clock of the wolf. Inside not side or infront

Additionally we got statement for no intervel. Which also means no space or time between two points

I could ask the same thing about why you're asking "how to dodge a surprise attack" from within your cloak. How is that a question? That's not even a far fetched thing to do.
Infinite and Immeasurable speed character see the surrounding as stopped dodging a attack which would be inside the dress should be easy cake for immeasurable speed character which here my point does points out.

Last edited:
Well, but then why author states this every time when Aegis uses his spear?

That’s literally my point, it’s just them scaling higher than the spear when it appears. Infinite or finite speed they just scale higher that question doesn’t matter.
Then which speed are you suggesting for the spear ?

How can you dodge a thing which would be inside you?

Then Suggest me a speed rating for character who could dodge something which would hit them instantly and from a blind spot and has no concept of distance.

So we are not gonna give a single speed rating and call this spear as just some spear with nothing?

I mean deagon is saying it can't be taken literally so I just asked why author mention this so many times.

(Because even in later volumes it said that spear transcends time while moving too) just said this part to show it can really do what it stated currently.
Mentioning something a lot doesn't make it literal...

For the love of god stop using untranslated volumes as arguments, how many times do we have to go over this.

Has a character actually done this or is it just a hypothetical?
Just read the scan in the OP. Why are you ignoring the OP scans?

Neither armor nor speed shall prevent Dehiddatem from reaching you.

Aeges thrust Dehiddatem forward. The top half of the spear vanished, reappearing on the inner side of Gennul’s electric cloak.
There is no intervel for Aeges spear. It's an instant moment.

Just read the scan in the OP. Why are you ignoring the OP scans?

There is no intervel for Aeges spear. It's an instant moment.

A cloak isn't a person's body though, it's a piece of cloth that usually sits an inch or so from your body. So you'd have room to dodge; Not a lot of room, but not literally zero either.

Also, the first statement doesn't say what you're suggesting it says.

Not a report worthy offence. Let's not give staff extra, uneeded work here.
I mean, unlike WB flash who caught a bullet that impacted with his neck, dodging a spear that didn't hit you seems particularly less impressive.
As stated above, and before in this thread, you are underestimating the speed gap of MFTL. Characters in the same tier can view each other in slow motion no problem, and considering in this (and every other dodging feat mentioned in the scan) the characters only dodged the sword after it exit the dimensional slice it's pretty clear the characters don't have to be infinite speed to avoid it.

A cloak isn't a person's body though, it's a piece of cloth that usually sits an inch or so from your body. So you'd have room to dodge; Not a lot of room, but not literally zero either.

Also, the first statement doesn't say what you're suggesting it says.
Already explained

Body < Dress < Armour. If it can bypass armour and speed I don't see a point where a character can dodge and if you can't suggest a speed please leave it to Calculation team

Not a report worthy offence. Let's not give staff extra, uneeded work here.

I mean, unlike WB flash who caught a bullet that impacted with his neck, dodging a spear that didn't hit you seems particularly less impressive.

As stated above, and before in this thread, you are underestimating the speed gap of MFTL. Characters in the same tier can view each other in slow motion no problem, and considering in this (and every other dodging feat mentioned in the scan) the characters only dodged the sword after it exit the dimensional slice it's pretty clear the characters don't have to be infinite speed to avoid it.
Bullet travels in same dimensionality this spear clearly moving inside persons armour from different dimensions.

There is zero chance of you dodging it. Unless atleast infinite or immeasurable speed. How could you dodge something which is already wents inside armour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back