• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aeges Spear lacks range / distance between opponents. There is no such thing as speed infront of Aeges spear.
Lay , Shin and Nigit Dodges the Aeges spear who were Clearly Relative or Slower than Anos.

Russian Translation stated concepts of distance doesn't matter infront of Aeges spear
Точнее, для магическое копья Иджеса не существует понятия «расстояния» между ним и целью.
More precisely, for the magic spear of Aeges there is no concept of "distance" between it and the target.

Raws also uses which refers to no concept of Distance/Interval
否、 イージェスの魔槍に間合いなどという言葉は意味をなさない。
Deep L translation
No, words such as "timing" have no meaning in the magic spear of Aeges.
@Chasekilleen translation

So whoever can react and move faster than this should get reaction and Infinite / Possible Immeasurable combat speed.

Regarding Immeasurable Speed arguments..

Scaling Chain goes this way

Aeges Spear < Nigit < Lay < Shin < Anos

Note this spear was considered to be immeasurable attack speed previously with even more context. Where it had other statements like lacking time and Transcending space-time and dimensions. Which would be explained in LN Volume 08. Currently we are using only part of LN translation.

Agree : @Phoenks, (agreed with Atleast infinite speed possible immeasurable speed), @Arnoldstone18 (Agrees with immeasurable speed),
@TheGreatJedi13, @Reiner(Agrees with immeasurable speed), @BoastJr @Chariot190 , @Shmooply , @BestMGQScalerEver , @KingNanaya

Neutral :

Disagree : @PrinceofPein, @StrymULTRA, @PhantomØ4 , @Aseka , @The_Pink_God, @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara , @Shereen

Last edited:
With the current evidence, it cannot be infinite.
As saying "neither armor or speed will prevent this spear from reaching you" does not mean infinite speed in the slightest.

I disagree with this

It also says "Throwing range doesn't apply to it".
The scan says "he is 10m away, but it does not matter throwing range does not apply" it would be different if he said he is infinite distance away.
The spear is just fast that was the point and has dimensional travel/long range.
I believe OP is not proposing infinite speed for spear but for those who reacted to it, as the scan says, they will have to react in absolutely no time.
Unless the spear is infinite speed, reacting to it will not grant you infinite speed.

Your profile picture summarizes my reaction to this thread
How to get Agreement from opposition: mark it a downgrade thread.
Unless the spear is infinite speed, reacting to it will not grant you infinite speed.
I absolutely disagree, one can just send a weapon from one point to another (a kind of thought based telep which this spear does "pierce through dimensions"), if it takes no distance or range and speed cannot help getting hit by it. Then it's infinite, there is no other way to pass it.

I mean, if we give to characters immeasurable speed for dodging attacks which attack the past from the future, then this should be infinite based on a similar logic, as the spear has to travel in 0 time to bypass the distance between it and the target.

Not entirely, there's an infinite Castlevania feat we use iirc where death kills distance to have his attacks ignore it pretty much and a dude dodges it.

If the text is meant to be taken at face value where distance legit don't matter and it just ignores it, it very well could be an infinite feat
I couldn't give less of a **** thou if this feat counts or not

this looks like instantaneous aka teleporting instantly to the target. but the description says no speed or range so there is more to it than that. so even if you can aim dodge it. it will still hit you so dodging it might as well be infinite speed
The scan says "he is 10m away, but it does not matter throwing range does not apply" it would be different if he said he is infinite distance away.
that statement alone already says throwing range is inapplicable to it. and going by how the attack works its instantaneous that the part that vanished instantly appeared inside the cloak. if you're claiming it is merely speed then you have to say how did it get through the inner side of the cloak since it is said that it appeared not that it pierced through the entire electric cloak

absolutely disagree, one can just send a weapon from one point to another (a kind of thought based telep which this spear does "pierce through dimensions"), if it takes no distance or range and speed cannot help getting hit by it. Then it's infinite, there is no other way to pass it.
There is no such "no distance"
And no mention of it taking no time also.
That is not infinite
It can go through dimensions which would grant it dimensional travel, it tips disappears and appeared not on the body but inside the cloak.

Throwing range doesn't apply to it, there is no away to get it passed just by speed or shield, it pierce through dimensions.

Yeah no. It is infinite.
Your target is 10m away and they said throwing range does not apply to it and that is also due to the fact that it has dimensional travel not because of it speed.
Literally all the statements is due to its dimensional travel not because it is so fast it is infinite speed.

Keep my disagree this is going roundabout

Your target is 10m away and they said throwing range does not apply to it and that is also due to the fact that it has dimensional travel not because of it speed.
Literally all the statements is due to its dimensional travel not because it is so fast it is infinite speed.
You can literally dodge teleportation based attacks with a speed of even soL or lower if it's not touching you or just point blank, based of how fast that weapon is, but if there is no way to dodge it and it ignores distance, then it's practically is piercing you, you gotta time stop, or be infinite speed.

You can literally dodge teleportation based attacks with a speed of even soL or lower if it's not touching you or just point blank, based of how fast that weapon is, but if there is no way to dodge it and it ignores distance, then it's practically is piercing you, you gotta time stop, or be infinite speed.
He probably meant dodging while the teleport itself is occuring, not once they remanifest.

Not entirely, there's an infinite Castlevania feat we use iirc where death kills distance to have his attacks ignore it pretty much and a dude dodges it.

If the text is meant to be taken at face value where distance legit don't matter and it just ignores it, it very well could be an infinite feat
I couldn't give less of a **** thou if this feat counts or not
This is not that kind of feat. It's quite clear the weapon is not manipulating distance itself, but using the ability of dimensional manipulation to warp the spear.

There's no real evidence the spear itself was moving that fast. It pierced a portion of reality but as Anos showed, as long as one can see the space it's piercing through it's possible to avoid it since it's the thrust they have to avoid, not the dimension shattering itself.

In summary I must also disagree with this upgrade.

This is not that kind of feat. It's quite clear the weapon is not manipulating distance itself, but using the ability of dimensional manipulation to warp the spear.

There's no real evidence the spear itself was moving that fast. It pierced a portion of reality but as Anos showed, as long as one can see the space it's piercing through it's possible to avoid it since it's the thrust they have to avoid, not the dimension shattering itself.

In summary I must also disagree with this upgrade.
My brother in Christ, why are you replying to me? I straight up said I don't give a shit if this feat counts or not, just that negging distance is something that does count in reply to a comment saying it'd only matter if the spear itself was infinite.

You need a speed above infinity to see the spear piercing the Dimensions. That's not an Anti feat. It's just feat for anos to moving and reacting above speed of Aeges spear.

Is anyone even reading the scans other than looking for keywords? Graham dodges the spear because it disappears and reappears in a semi-predictable manner... not via speed... not at all. Low-key just kinda acting as teleportation, not that it is. Also, they dodge the spear before it reappears, not once it does, it's aim doding.

The reason that throwing range is irrelevant is because the spear will reach the opponent regardless of how far they try to run away or the user is in the first place... thus why if they were in another dimension it would still reach them and it does.

Is anyone even reading the scans other than looking for keywords? Graham dodges the spear because it disappears and reappears in a semi-predictable manner... not via speed... not at all. Low-key just kinda acting as teleportation, not that it is. Also, they dodge the spear before it reappears, not once it does, it's aim doding.

The reason that throwing range is irrelevant is because the spear will reach the opponent regardless of how far they try to run away or the user is in the first place... thus why if they were in another dimension it would still reach them and it does.
Graham scan is not even in OP bud. Also LN translation isn't reached that part.

My brother in Christ, why are you replying to me? I straight up said I don't give a shit if this feat counts or not, just that negging distance is something that does count in reply to a comment saying it'd only matter if the spear itself was infinite.
It was not a reply to you specifically. I was just pointing out that that instance and this one are two completely different feats and scenarios.

Via speed only that be possible (which it stays it doesn't help)
Which is the case of most dimensional manipulators. It is literally warping/breaking reality. The scan literally explains how it works.
, scan also says it's disappeared and reappeared on the inner side of Gennules electric cloak.
It's a cloak, not a shirt. There's ample space for a MFTL character to avoid smh.
How can dodge something that has already hit you the moment it appeared?
Except the narrative explicitly explains it had not yet hit.

Oh, apparently Graham doing via prediction isn't in the OP lol. It always reappears before actually hitting the enemy.
Screenshot_20230524-221401.png

Which is the case of most dimensional manipulators. It is literally warping/breaking reality. The scan literally explains how it works.
Mind sending the scans for spear being able to warp or break reality?
It's a cloak, not a shirt. There's ample space for MFTL character to avoid smh.
Attack was stated to be instantaneous.
Except the narrative explicitly explains it had not yet hit.
There is no range applies to the spear you can just hold it in your and hand target will get piercied in and instant.

Range = Distance and also scan clearly mentioned about speed can't save anyone.
Oh, apparently Graham doing via prediction isn't in the OP lol. It always reappears before actually hitting the enemy.
Screenshot_20230524-221401.png
Stop using not translated materials.

...then I guess I'll switch my vote to disagree, seems like it was taken out of context if in-verse is said that you don't need speed to dodge it.

...then I guess I'll switch my vote to disagree, seems like it was taken out of context if in-verse is said that you don't need speed to dodge it.
That's not what it says dude. Also that scan he sent is fan translation. Also it's in Russian to machine translation for English.

You need far higher speed to dodge it.

The reason why speed and range does not matter is because the spear has dimensional travel, that's all and the right context.
Not because it is infinite speed

Reacting something instantaneous is same as infinite react speed.

Anyway, I agree with this revision.

That's not what it says dude. Also that scan he sent is fan translation. Also it's in Russian to machine translation for English.

You need far higher speed to dodge it.
Then send the raws. Because the scan is saying that it can be done through aim dodging, which does not take speed in account.

Then send the raws. Because the scan is saying that it can be done through aim dodging, which does not take speed in account.
We don't have the raws and it's a Russian Translation which we don't use. Also it's also stated Distance between opponents doesn't matter. If Graham Aim Dodges an attack which passes through space-time and instantly hits him and he still needs infinite reaction speed for that.

Also I hope we don't use not translated materials here. This is purely based on LN English not Web novel or Russian Translation

Reacting something instantaneous is same as infinite react speed.
Read my message again. It disappears and appears near you and not on you.
If I am MHS, I can react to a supersonic thing 0.0001m from me, I do not need infinite speed.

Anyway let us not clog the thread and let people with evaluation rights get a look at this

We don't have the raws and it's a Russian Translation which we don't use. Also it's also stated Distance between opponents doesn't matter. If Graham Aim Dodges an attack which passes through space-time and instantly hits him and he still needs infinite reaction speed for that.
Yeah no. Aim dodging doesn't scale to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back