• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am giving my assessment of the feat that this thread addresses, not other feats in later arcs.
Feat in thread does mentioned about no speed or concepts of distance or Interval for Aeges speed.

How is this is not a speed feat?
Okay, I don't share that opinion.
Fine I will count you as disagree.
What does this have to do with the OP? There's nothing in your post about a character who "moves to the future by sheer speed"
I am arguing for atleast infinite speed. Immeasurable speed i will remove it if staffs disagrees

Also i am giving example for you Anos will get immeasurable speed in future. Currently getting infinite speed is not a quite reach.

What I see from you is Arguments from incredulity.
I don't know what you're trying to say here. But, again, if it refers to something outside of what is in this post, then it isn't addressed by my assessment.
Check the OP and Kanji which is used. There is no concept of distance for Aeges spear. This does has everything to do with whatever in the OP.

Y’know I wanna say I didn’t fall for the clickbait title but who am I kidding I saw “Anos” and “downgrade” and just immediately clicked to see if the thread turned to chaos yet.

Anyways, I disagree with this mainly because off of the scans you presented it kinda seems less like infinite speed and more like the spear just ignores the distance by cutting through via another dimension. Mainly grabbing this from how it says it cuts through dimensions and how the tip was said to have come from another dimension. May be misinterpreting it though

Anyways, I disagree with this mainly because off of the scans you presented it kinda seems less like infinite speed and more like the spear just ignores the distance by cutting through via another dimension. Mainly grabbing this from how it says it cuts through dimensions and how the tip was said to have come from another dimension. May be misinterpreting it though
Yeah, but the proposal is not about spear speed but rather the characters who can dodge or react to it, as the scan says it ignores distance conceptually or at it's very meaning. So dodging it would take infinite speed regardless.

Yeah, but the proposal is not about spear speed but rather the characters who can dodge or react to it, as the scan says it ignores distance conceptually or at it's very meaning. So dodging it would take infinite speed regardless.
Eh… that’s debatable. It’d be possible to dodge that via stuff like aim dodging/guessing where it’ll appear based on how it goes wherever it’s pointed at or just via them dodging off of it appearing but it just moves at a finite speed (ie it appears through the dimension it comes from and they just dodge it from there)

So dodging it would take infinite speed regardless.
Not necessarily. Abaddon is right here, what the scans actually say don't support interpreting this "concept of distance" thing as literal.

"Aeges pointed the tip of the spear at his target. There were ten meters between them them. Aeges thrust Dehiddatem forward. The top half of the spear vanished, reappearing on the inner side of Gennul's cloak. "

"That said, there was still a way out. Activating my Magic Eyes, I stared into the space as a crack appeared in the nothingness. A crimson lance suddenly shut out of the wall, its tip slicing into our dimension. Lay stepped back at the last moment and evaded it."

I'm also inclined to see this as just a spear that can essentially cut through space to arrive at a point very very close to it's target, which is obviously very dangerous and an effective weapon, but not some kind of conceptual spear that infinite or immeasurable speed would be needed to avoid.

Also i am giving example for you Anos will get immeasurable speed in future. Currently getting infinite speed is not a quite reach.

What I see from you is Arguments from incredulity.
I do not agree with this

The "future" is currently discarded and treated as irrelevant to the profiles

The LN is what's used

You can't blame him for sticking to the context provided thus far in the LN

You could have just waited until the "future" becomes the "present"

He isn't arguing from incredulity if he's sticking with the context provided in the accepted canon source

Y’know I wanna say I didn’t fall for the clickbait title but who am I kidding I saw “Anos” and “downgrade” and just immediately clicked to see if the thread turned to chaos yet.

Yes, It is really misinterpreted. Because
  • Spear lacks the concepts of distance
  • Infront of this spear there is no speed stands a chance.
  • Additionally lay dodging it has nothing to with Anos Perception because Novels runs in first person narrative. Anos speed is above Aeges spear speed that's all.
  • Spear would be inside the target in no time that's why interval means nothing infront of this spear.
  • Dimension is here refering to spear moving through space-time and instantly hitting the target. Bleach Lille barro also has Infinite speed with just "concepts of dodging doesn't matter " i don't see why this don't qualify with concepts of distance statement.
  • I would like to mention Dontalk and Ultima did have their input previously to dereck as it's atleast infinite speed. I can share you the screenshot of you want.

I had an inkling it was this kind of situation.

Ultima gets a lot of questions like that where he is provided bare minimum context if any at all, and is usually answering from the perspective of "if you dodge a spear that ignores distance it's infinite speed," not really giving an informed opinion about whether interpreting the spear as literally ignoring distance is the most reasonable option in the context.

But, he may disagree with me and Abaddon on that, so @Ultima_Reality if you could clarify your thoughts if you have the time.

I had an inkling it was this kind of situation.

Ultima gets a lot of questions like that where he is provided bare minimum context if any at all, and is usually answering from the perspective of "if you dodge a spear that ignores distance it's infinite speed," not really giving an informed opinion about whether interpreting the spear as literally ignoring distance is the most reasonable option in the context.

But, he may disagree with me and Abaddon on that, so @Ultima_Reality if you could clarify your thoughts if you have the time.
I am arguing for infinite speed. If 0 time may qualify for immeasurable speed. If Immeasurable speed gets Disagreed. I am fine with that.

But ultima statement and explanation does gives my OP atleast Infinite speed.

This is really very simple, it is just another case of people trying to complicate things unnecessarily.
The spear has the ability to teleport/dimensional travel, so it appears very close to the targets or around them. Not once was it said to appear directly on their skin, in fact the closest we go was the spear appearing inside a cloak, but dodging that will still not be infinite speed as the spear has a finite speed. I can dodge something that is 0.000001m away from me if I am MHS and the projectile is human speed, I do not need infinite speed.

The whole distance or speed do not matter is because of the spear's dimensional travel that is all. The whole context is the spear ability for dimensional travel

I am arguing for infinite speed. If 0 time may qualify for immeasurable speed. If Immeasurable speed gets Disagreed. I am fine with that.
I'm disagreeing with both infinite and immeasurable speed.

The whole distance or speed do not matter is because of the spear's dimensional travel that is all. The whole context is the spear ability for dimensional travel
I agree.

So uh... why are we using Deepl and the Russion translation of all things, when it was agreed that the new profile should use the official English translation?
+1

This is really very simple, it is just another case of people trying to complicate things unnecessarily.
The spear has the ability to teleport/dimensional travel, so it appears very close to the targets or around them. Not once was it said to appear directly on their skin, in fact the closest we go was the spear appearing inside a cloak, but dodging that will still not be infinite speed as the spear has a finite speed. I can dodge something that is 0.000001m away from me if I am MHS and the projectile is human speed, I do not need infinite speed.

It also said 'no time' or 'no distance ' is meaningless infront of the spear this clearly atleast infinite

Chase translation is below there did you ignored it ? Same guy who is helping you with Nasu translation?
I didn't ignore it, no. I said that I don't think it should be taken literally.

Pain hasn't read the series don't know the context behind the scans either calling it as teleportation is big headcanon.
Don't make comments like this. This is ad hominem. You don't need to read a series to assess a feat. You are responsible as the OP for providing the relevant context to make sure it can be understood.

For my part, the effect does seem quite close to teleportation, it just appears to be able to "cut" through space and arrive close to it's target.

It was also translated by @Chasekilleen who knows japnese pretty well and using Raws is fine because sometimes even offical translation messes up.
The quality of the translation isn't being questioned here, rather, if it was indeed agreed upon that the official english translation should be used, then we should not be using raws or Russian translations to circumvent that.

For my part, the effect does seem quite close to teleportation, it just appears to be able to "cut" through space and arrive close to it's target.
I need a scan where it states as teleportation if it's teleportation why would author mentioned "No speed" you are taking this out of context.

Calling it as teleportation without anywhere it mentioning is completely headcanon. Also context nowhere states as teleportation instead Pierce.

I need a scan where it states as teleportation if it's teleportation why would author mentioned "No speed" you are taking this out of context.

Calling it as teleportation without anywhere it mentioning is completely headcanon. Also context nowhere states as teleportation instead Pierce.
You're overreacting. We're not saying it literally teleports, it's just an easier way of saying "cuts through space in such a way that allows it to skip the distance between it and it's target"

Where is speed mentioned? Even in the various unusable translations you've brought up, speed isn't mentioned, only distance.

Also it's a bit odd you've been updating the vote tally but haven't included staff disagreements :v

You're overreacting. We're not saying it literally teleports, it's just an easier way of saying "cuts through space in such a way that allows it to skip the distance between it and it's target"
The spear is extending through dimensions not teleporting or warping. It elongates to reach the target, crossing dimensions in the process.

If the spear can skip the concept of distance which would mean spear would still have infinite speed. What would happen if.

Character A stands at infinite distance sway from characters B.

Spear can still reach character B that's still infinite attack speed.

It also said 'no time' or 'no distance ' is meaningless infront of the spear this clearly atleast infinite
Sure teleporting happens in no time
Pain hasn't read the series don't know the context behind the scans either calling it as teleportation is big headcanon.
I can read just fine and your scans says these
A spear that can pierce through dimensions
Aeges thrust the spear forward and the top half disappeared, and reappeared on the side of the cloak of Gennul
I stare into space as a crack appeared, a lance shot out of the wall slicing into our dimension
a spear came flying out of nowhere
It will be really dishonest to say the spear has nothing to do with dimensional travel/teleportation with this scans so please by all means I am not the one using head canons it will be the other way around
Also read what is meant by dimensional travel and teleportation
The ability to move instantaneously from one location to another without physically occupying the space in between.
the spear moves from one location to another without physically crossing but simply by causing cracks in space and appearing next to the characters, if that is not teleportation then what is it?

Also the whole TL thing is counter intuitive to the reason why the verse was deleted, you claim to want to use official TL only stick to that

The quality of the translation isn't being questioned here, rather, if it was indeed agreed upon that the official english translation should be used, then we should not be using raws or Russian translations to circumvent that.
I suppose I should clear it up, Previous profiles were deleted because of MTLs or wrong translations, we accept human translations as we know that many scans of Anime, novels comes from official merchandise or guides that may have not been translated. So as long as the Translations are valid, they can be used, MTLs aren't valid tho, given the previous profile deletion.

The spear is extending through dimensions not teleporting or warping. It elongates to reach the target, crossing dimensions in the process.

If the spear can skip the concept of distance which would mean spear would still have infinite speed. What would happen if.

Character A stands at infinite distance sway from characters B.

Spear can still reach character B that's still infinite attack speed.
So dimensional travel, that's the term you're looking for.

That's not what the scans say:

The top half of the spear vanished, reappearing on the inner side of Gennul's cloak.

Only the top half vanished. then it reappeared inside Gennul's cloak. Sounds like a Portal gun type of thing, it enters another dimension and comes "back out" closer to the target.

Activating my Magic Eyes, I stared into the space as a crack appeared in the nothingness. A crimson lance suddenly shut out of the wall, its tip slicing into our dimension. Lay stepped back at the last moment and evaded it.

Same thing here.

And again:

"A crimson spear came flying out of nowhere, aimed straight at his body."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back