• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Make SCP Great Again: Call to Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Greetings.

I've come to say that the past, I think, like 5-6 months of discussion and debate on the SCP revision discord has sort of done squat. We've been waiting in cosmology posts that haven't been updated since summer, and we're meandering on ultimately small and irrelevant issues.

Ergo, it's time to read through everything. Yes, everything on the site. I'm sort of exaggerating, but we need a team to research the verse as a whole, so we can get an image what everything looks like. Weekly, you're great, but we need to have other lore buffs so that every proposal to upgrade stuff isn't sidetracked by a bunch of other in-verse issues.

Yes, I'm trying to pull a Matt and get knee deep in some lore.

So this is a call for help in analyzing the verse, and a reminder for whoever is on the discord to hop on it to see what's hanging. Currently we're assigning reading by tags, such as 'Narrative', 'Meta', and 'Sarkism'.

I also want to announce that if we can get a cohesive image of the verse; something consistent that we can work with, I might be willing to discuss revising the canon rules and removing Original Canon for sake of simplicity.

Please leave a message on my wall if you want in on the discord discussion. We can discuss here if necessary as well if discord doesn't work for y'all.

Thanks.

thumbs_up_emoji:

WeeklyBattles said:
Sigh...impatience impatience...
I'm just trying to get more people knowledgeable on the verse so we can properly discuss things.

WeeklyBattles said:
Sigh...impatience impatience...
Come on man. You've been putting even extremely specific CRTs on hold for your cosmology blog for over 8 months.

And it's not like these things can't be merged, and it's not like yours can reasonably cover everything (last I recall you haven't looked into the narrative stuff yet which is important for the god tiers and the negative god tiers).

Dude, I'm trying to work with you.

It's a complex and constantly changing verse, that even the staff there have trouble understanding at times. You've been rejecting help from everyone since we talked on the discord, and we can't have a discussion if only one side knows what's going on. That's why so many of the High 1-B/1-A proposals have fallen flat, we're working with outdated info.

I'm even offering to bring back canon on the table and undo the stuff I proposed this earlier this year if we can find a consistent baseline for the story.

Hence why I made this post here to let you know what's going on instead of doing this behind your back.

Ironically enough SCP is probably currently downplayed as we still don't have a big picture of the verse and new info has been flowing in these past few months.

Last call to cut the snark/insults, Fiction. I'd report immediately for using the tried and true trolling insults thrown around as a new user but I'm giving you benefit of the doubt.

Coming to a site with only 5 edits and then immediately saying someone inflates stats and dissing verses they've worked on isn't the best first impression, is all I'm saying.

TheFictionExpert said:
Ok. sorry/. i'm from comicvine so I didn't know the rules were so strict around free speech.
We have rules on people coming here just to shit on people. Actually contributing gives you more leeway on this since you didn't just make an account for nothing but ******** on people.

Dargoo Faust said:
I'm even offering to bring back canon on the table and undo the stuff I proposed this earlier this year if we can find a consistent baseline for the story.
I legitimately don't even remember what was proposed, before. It's been so long.

It's fine; we just get tons of users who come here just to mess with established users and we have to be a bit hard on stuff like that for newcomers.

If you need to familiarize with the rules:

Site Rules

Discussion Rules

I may or may not follow this once I actually bother to re-familiarize myself with SCP, since at least half of what's relevant to these revisions is stuff I either haven't read at all or haven't read in a long time.

You won't necessarily need to re-familiarize with all of it. We're looking for people to read through certain hubs/tags/GOIs to get a comprehensive understanding of those, then we'll combine knowledge from there.

Simply familiarizing yourself with a hub or two and sharing any relevant knowledge would be very useful.

And hey, even if it doesn't end up being relevant we may be able to make profiles out of it.

Can you post the quote for dispersing 2617-C?

And I'll look into reading through 3930. There's a tag for tales about it too.

SCP-682 was released in the abandoned village of ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê, Russia via airlift, and proceeded to attack the village. Coordinates were set to correspond with SCP-682's position, thus generating up to Ôûê,ÔûêÔûêÔûê SCP-2617-A instances holding ÔûêÔûêÔûê unique variants of SCP-2617-B. SCP-2617-A instances attack SCP-682, destroying up to 45% of its body mass. Five hours after the beginning of termination test, SCP-682 released a series of radio waves. SCP-2617-C dissipated, and all SCP-2617-A and SCP-2617-B instances underwent spontaneous sublimation. Personnel supervising the termination test were also exposed to the radio waves. Interviews with these personnel suggest that they are unable to recognize the concept of Russia.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2617

SCP-2617-C is a nimbus cloud formed over the designated site, precipitating ice crystals. The precipitation of ice crystals is utilized by SCP-2617-A and SCP-2617-B for Regenerationn, using them to repair broken portions. These ice crystals are also used as 'ammunition' for SCP-2617-B instances that possess a gun component.

I honestly think we should save feats for until we're done getting the bigger ideas and pictures down. Right now I'm reading through the Broken God tabs and I've already come across some interesting tale and tale series.

Nobody's bugging you for 682, we're bugging you to help us make a cosmology post.

I'm asking people to help research the verse so you're not alone when it comes time to propose revisions.

IMO High 1-B/1-A is only not a thing because we only have like one person very familiar with the verse right now.

Uh, alright.

I'd rather get a picture of the verse as a while before we make huge updates to characters.

And like I said I'm chill with removing original canon, something I think you'd be down for, if we can get a coherent idea of an overarching canon.

Would be interested in adding more SCP's like SCP-4100 and SCP-3167, also possibly SCP-4028

Also imo we should have profiles for the "Unclean" from SCP-093 seeing as its a really popular SCP

It would probably be much smarter to wait until we have our current profiles fixed before making more of them.

Unless those SCPs in particular are vital to the verse's overall rankings and cosmology, somehow.

If you want to hop on the discord and help with research that'd be chill.

I've already gone through all the SCP's under the broken god tag and ~10 of the Tales, but yeah I could do that. Do you have a link?

Friend me at Wapulatus#4444 and I'll add you to the group chat.

Holyhotsauce said:
I don't know If you've already seen this but I've been working on a CotBG profile.
Looks good, i might work on a 3167 one just for fun, though its heady how the wording comes across, especially at destroying 90 narrative universes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back