• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Make SCP Great Again: Call to Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
The insects that eat people and mindhax you into believing that they are harmless?

If that's a fanfic, I've seen much, much worse fanfics than this. In fact, aren't all fictions just fanfictions? The only difference is that established franchises are popular.

WeeklyBattles said:
My dude, i had one built before all of this happened
We're already discussining issues with it on the discord, especially how the verse treats the word "dimension".

Why were you never really up to sharing info and working with us?

SCP is collaborative web fiction.

The only difference it has over something like Parahumans is that it has a multitude of writers and a very looooose canon instead of one writer and a linear storyline.

@Dargoo No one wanted to listen to me before, why would you listen to me now? Ive been told to my face that you guys dont want to listen to me and dont trust me to work on this verse so why would i?

Neither is Homestuck or Doki Doki Literature Club, but they are popular. It all boils down to what you call "official".

You can't really compare internet verses with one or a couple producers with a set canon like most webcomics to SCP. Literally, right now, I could write an SCP.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo No one wanted to listen to me before, why would you listen to me now? Ive been told to my face that you guys dont want to listen to me and dont trust me to work on this verse so why would i?
No one listened to you before because you never talked in the first place.

Stop assuming what other people think. It sort of ticks me off, as I've been going head over heels just to discuss this and you're too salty about the canon discussions after an entire six months to even come to the table.

If you don't want to discuss the verse don't be surprised when no one supports you on CRTs because there were issues you didn't smooth out with a third party.

WeeklyBattles said:
I don't recall anyone outright saying that we don't want to work with you. It's just that everytime we try to make advancements in understanding SCP, you always reply "Just wait for x" or "Can this wait until I've finished x". We are trying to help. No offence, but you seem to always want to do things by yourself.

@Dargoo I tried to talk and all i was told was no.

Im not assuming what other people think im going by what i was told, i can bring up the conversation if you'd like.

Also reading 3167, it just seems to be an entity that exists inside fiction. People in the real world perceive 3167 when reading novels and suddenly the writing is changed with 3167 appearing there.

It's not that Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter are part of the SCP setting. It's that they are fictional books you can read in the SCP universe.

WeeklyBattles said:

Im not assuming what other people think im going by what i was told, i can bring up the conversation if you'd like.
Where the living heck did you talk with us about the cosmology before?

I'm literally asking you to talk. We can't update a verse without being able to discuss it.

@Dargoo multiple threads here, on the discord, hell on the discord thread i just showed people random quotes and was told they were 1-A, then told they werent 1-A when i said they were from SCP

WeeklyBattles said:

Please bring up that conversation so I can punch whoever said it.

Also the end of death series is about death suddenly stopping. Anything with a brain can't permanently lose consciousness. A bunch of anomalies become non-anomalous such as SCP-1440. MC&D develops a pill that makes people sleep forever since they can't die any more. Prometheus labs develops brain transplants to get rich old people into healthy poor young people's bodies. The Foundation develops multiple sterilizing gases. The first sterilizes normally, the second sterilizes retroactively, changing time so that person was always sterilized, the third sterilizes retroactively and retroactively sterilizes that person's parents. The third type is used to control insect populations around the globe.

Don't listen to him for SCP revisions. He's not actively participating in them and is just derailing them with TES posts. I seriously hope an admin has not singlehandedly stalled revisions to a verse he's not contributing to for three months.

There's half a dozen other people there that really want your help with these revisions.

Anybody know why The Brothers Death just suddenly flipped off?

Sir Ovens said:
Anybody know why The Brothers Death just suddenly flipped off?
I read the first 10 entries in the end of death series and we didn't learn why. There may have been more written since then that I haven't read, though.

What I don't really get is why there hasn't been a lot more visible effort about this so that this thread wouldn't have to be made.

Either way, it seems like there needs to be more people to help out to speed up the process and I don't mind chipping in. (Would help me actually understand what happens.)

We purposefully made it less visible because Ant warned us not to keep making SCP revision threads, hinting at the deletion of the verse due to how complicated it is. So we kept it to discussion threads/chat, and off-site at a discord.

You and anyone else that wants to help out can join a server here https://discord.gg/9nPTBY which has links to the google doc.

TheFictionExpert said:
Oh, Whilst we are revising the verse can any of you guys think of a good way to write a tier 0 i'm gunna create one http://www.scp-wiki.net/how-to-write-an-scp
Read the Discussion Rules

Generally try to avoid derailing content revision discussion threads from the original topic, We cannot deal with too many different subjects at once, so it is usually better to start a new thread instead.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
You can't really compare internet verses with one or a couple producers with a set canon like most webcomics to SCP. Literally, right now, I could write an SCP.
And it would most likely be taken down as soon as you post it. Posting an article is a process that goes under heavy scrutini over at the SCP-Wiki, to the point that multiple people have to review your draft and will tell you what to change/improve, and if it's of particular bad quality under the standards of the site, it will get deleted.

You should know if you would actually get informed about the site.

Seriously, you people are so amusing.

This is more of a recruitment thread, not so much for getting into the nitty gritty of cosmology discussions.

We're doing that over on the DIscord. If anyone wants to genuinely contribute, feel free to PM us.

I would say yes, myself. Worst thing that happens is that someone says it didn't need a highlight and gets rid of it anyways.

WeeklyBattles said:
In case anyone hasnt seen, im finishing 682's rework including sourcing its powers and making a full timeline of its tales and specifying which are non-cano
Sorry but making an SCP682 timeline is impossible, that character originated from the /x/ board of 4chan on long deleted thread (could be even older) and had an already extensive history before the SCP forum took a small fraction of it for their page and then, from that fraction, you had multiple 'branch off' site like the 'Authority' that also took stuff.

the SCP forum also made a lot of edit to SCP682 like two years ago IIRC and said edit weren't accepted by the larger community, including the /x/ board .

at least it's impossible without simpling deciding to ignore like 1/3 if not more of the character's history, you'd need to pick which site you decide to follow and if you count the stories or only their main page (which would be impossible on 4chan anyway since they don't work like the SCP forum or the authority)

WeeklyBattles said:
Why would i use anything from 4chan...?
Because that where the character come from ? they are the one who made most SCP, the SCP forum was just a place to catalogue all the stuff from /x/ at the start.

and then some decided to split from the SCP forum but keep link with the /x/ board while other who split cut ties with the /x/ board.

but in short, 4chan is the 'story' while SCP is 'the wiki', except neither really stayed in their lanes and now it's a mess but if you want the start of the timeline, it's from 4chan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back