• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Upgrades for Sarah Kerrigan and StarCraft top tiers

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
After asking for a calculation about a feat performed by Sarah Kerriga, I have received shocking results.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ThePerpetual/Sarah_Kerrigan's_Storm_of_Doom

The energy required for Kerrigan to make the storm she did ended at being 367.663 Megatons of TNT: A Mountain level yield. The rate of expansion of her energy and cloud formation was placed at 154,672.17 meters/second, or Mach 454.53: A Massively Hypersonic speed. These feats were all lowballed, and Kerrigan got even stronger to an unknown degree after killing a being of similar power named Zurvan.

Now, I have a couple questions about how this should be approached. Would this only apply to Kerrigan, or would it scale to the top tiers of the StarCraft universe (hero units like Artanis, Zeratul, Tassadar, Duran, ect. and the hybrid; god tiers like the xel'naga already have better feats and abilities, and thus would not be subject to upgrade)? Regarding the speed result, this would only affect the speed of her (and similar characters') psionic attacks, not her movement speed or combat speed, correct?

Does the calc look acceptable? How should the upgrade be done and what exactly should be upgraded? Any input is appreciated.

I don't know who it would scale to besides Kerrigan specifically, but if they are supposed to be comparable to her in some fashion, then they'd probably be eligible for the scaling.

As far as the speed, does anyone ever dodge, block, or otherwise react to her attacks as they are/after they have been fired? If so, then it's probably combat speed, as opposed to "just" attack speed.

Well, as long as the calc is legit (Since it's of Perp's work, I'll doubt it'll be a probelm), and the feat isn't an outlier, the calc should be accepted.

Of course, scaling should be decided first before it's implemented

@ThePerpetual Psionic attacks are usually considered borderline instant, and I have no recollection of anyone dodging one; I will have to go back and check StarCraft canon material to make sure (I am not going by game mechanics since that is far too unreliable).

As for who scales, it would apply to top level hero units post-HotS and the hybrid.

@SomebodyData I seriously doubt it is an outlier. Hero units are generally considered to be vastly above all others, capable of single-handedly wiping out armies. After Kerrigan receives the power boost she boasts to Zurvan that she feels like she could "rip worlds apart", but that is never shown and is likely just an overstatement after she is overwhelmed with power. While no other character shows a feat quiet like Kerrigan's storm (although Tassadar's suicide attack may surpass it, the game is ancient and trying to get any reliable info from it would be hard thanks to its limitations), Alarak relatively easily levels a city-level structure, so I imagine it checks out. By the end of LotV Artanis is considered to be on par with, if not surpassing Alarak, and is also considered to be close to Kerrigan is power. It lines up pretty well in my eyes.

...actually, now that I look more closely at this?

There was no point in taking away two-thirds of the area. The initial logic was that the cloud's odd shape was all of the storm itself, but-!

Looking more closely, I can now see that there's a thinner, slightly subtler second storm layer beneath it. The big, red, glowing top layer just captures initial attention because it's so thick, I can see it's thickness from space. Needless to say, it's likely much higher than what I'm able to calculate by comparing it to a real-life storm, but even low-balled I can give it the missing cloud area back safely: thus, the correct energy output should be (367.663 x 3) = 1.103 Gigatons of TNT, in my opinion.

@ThePerpetual Alright, so upgrade Kerrigan to Small Island and scale the heroes and hybrid?

That's what I would recommend, yes. It seems like this would scale to combat speed too, but I'm not super familiar with the verse: if you feel it's innacurrate, well, that's your call to make I guess. Unless anyone else might know?

ThePerpetual said:
That's what I would recommend, yes. It seems like this would scale to combat speed too, but I'm not super familiar with the verse: if you feel it's innacurrate, well, that's your call to make I guess. Unless anyone else might know?
I am not sure how many other people on the site know much about StarCraft; it would be great to have other people's input if there are, though. I personally feel that it should not apply to combat speed. While the Protoss and Zerg certainly have Superhuman (maybe higher if I can find a feat) combat speed, they have not shown to be able to dodge bullets or other extremely fast projectiles.

ThePerpetual said:
Are they so unable to dodge bullets because of gameplay mechanics alone, or...?
In the cutscenes and lore they are unable to avoid bullets, though most Protoss shrug off such attacks thanks to their shields. Zerg armor through them in a similar fashion depending on the unit. So no, not just gameplay mechanics.

Back